Vibrams - awesome

A place to discuss issues which dont fall into other areas and just basic banter and humour!

Vibrams - awesome

Postby Karlos on Mon May 02, 2011 5:08 pm

Just got myself a pair of KSO's off ebay for 45 quid! I was concerned about their appearance, fit and feel, but after trying them out for a few days, I have to admit they are just awesome.

They don't look that bad, infact as they look pretty cool, solidsnake-esque :lol: And they feel just amazing. walking feel so mechanically sound, like everything is working how it should. A hard concept to describe, but I can see how these could potentially save peoples knees from a lot of damage.

Tried squatting in them, and man was it tough. Usually squat in ironworks and hit full ATG with no lumbar tuck, but hip flex requirements in these is so much more. I will use a combination of these on lighter sets and IWs on heavier sets, until I can squat just as heavy in these.

I can see myself collecting a few variants of vibrams if I can get them at a decent price, best 45 quid i've spent! :D
Use discount code BSD16 for 5% off your first order
Karlos
Ultimate Contributor

Re: Vibrams - awesome

Postby Rilla on Mon May 02, 2011 6:58 pm

The KSO is a really nice shoe, and my favorite VFF so far. In part due to sentimental value (have had them for more than two years) but also because the sole is so damned thin.

Before going out and getting another pair, give me a shout - I have 4 different pairs now. :lol:
Big Choppa wrote:Rab's face probably scares the bar up. Explains his Shit deadlift as well cause the wants to stay away from his deformed bonce.
Rilla
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Karlos on Tue May 03, 2011 12:02 am

I could see myself getting at least one more pair within a few months. What's your next favourite next to the KSOs? The flows look pretty cool, just like KSOs but a bit warmer/waterproof :)
Karlos
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rilla on Tue May 03, 2011 12:39 am

Depends on the purpose really.

Komodo Sport has a more athletic feel to them and a sharper sole, I like them alot. There's a bit less tactile feedback from the surface which can be good and bad (depending on what surface you're running on obviously). A bit more traction. I like these about as much as my KSOs - they cover different needs.

KSO TrekSport has a much more rugged sole and obviously reduced contact. They're great for more unstable surfaces (with pointy rocks fx) as well as cross-country running where the lazer siped KSO sole isn't og much use.

KSO Speed: They're somewhat similar to the Komodos solewise, but don't fit the foot quite as well. I've switched the laces in mine to flourescent pink which makes them a hot fashionstatement. :lol:

I had a pair of Bikilas for about a day and they seemed nice asa well, they just don't bring anything new to the table in my opinion.

The kangaroo skin Treks were a pretty big hit for Lys, though I'm not sure I'd want a less elastic material for my VFFs. The leather deal sounds hot though.

Flow would be more or less the exact same shoe as the KSO, just warmer. I'm not sure that'd warrant a purchase from me. Afterall, VFFs are primarily a warmweather shoe unless you wear socks, which is annoying.
Big Choppa wrote:Rab's face probably scares the bar up. Explains his Shit deadlift as well cause the wants to stay away from his deformed bonce.
Rilla
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Karlos on Thu May 05, 2011 12:37 pm

Cheers! Can't really see me benefiting from a thicker soled vibram tbh although I do like the look of them. Won't be doing much in terms of jogging or rugged terrain hiking.

I'd quite like a KSO style vibram, but with a thicker, tougher upper material. I've already managed to split some stitching at the back which is bloody upsetting. It seem like the thin rubbery material around the sides is a little weak and the stitching rips through it.
Karlos
Ultimate Contributor

Return to Off Topic