The Classic's Road to being a big girl

Want to keep an online log of your training? Here is the place

The Classic's Road to being a big girl

Postby Rab on Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:41 pm

New chapter, new journal

Was almost committed to doing the UKBFF Stars of Tomorrow & London Classic show in 4 weeks time (14 Nov), but after sleeping on it a couple of nights and considering everything I have decided to hang up my trunks until the Scottish shows spring 2012

Reasoning for this decision is due to having other commitments I need to focus on. Fiona and I are getting married in 9 month and I need to save for this. it would have set me back another few hundred quid to do another show which I cant justify and is just plain selfish. Im also burned out and been on for a while now. I tried to train ect but im so tired and need a rest from dieting. I also have no holidays left and have work to consider. I need to be focused on my job too which is difficult at best during last stages of diet

Fiona has been a total rock through this and despite promising to make it up to her for dragging her through this, she was still there by my side willing to support me to do the Stars of Tomorrow and the Brits next October. I've asked enough of her and been selfish in pursuit of my goals. Its time to give her some of that love and support back now for a while and help her with her goals and also give her the wedding day she deserves

So that's the dream over for now.

Id like to thank BSD for the sponsorship. I helped so much as I do this on a budget. I hope that I can continue to get support from you guys and will be (after a brief rest and recovery period) knocking my pan in to come back bigger and better to hopefully win the UKBFF Scotland Classic Class and go to the British finals and break right into the top 6. Thanks aswell to everyone on here who has supported me and encouraged me and a special thanks to Simon, Rilla and Gym Pig for making the trip to support at the Brits
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Re: The Classic's Road to Recovery and Short Rebound

Postby kp1512 on Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:43 pm

Journal Whore :D
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rab on Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:47 pm

Schedule at the moment for the next months is like so

October/November
Rest and Rebound Growth. Blood tests in 10 day s time

December-late Spring/Summer
Recovery PCT
Aim to maintain steength & size and keep condition good

Late Spring/Summer
Consider Big shot at growing again
Start on the big inroads to improvements for 2012
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rab on Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:51 pm

Up Yours KP

Diet wise im eating a lot of sh!te, but still maintianing my basic meals..ie...i have 3xturkey, rice and veg and a porridge with water and whey with me at work. i also have honey nut clusters and a pack of mcvites digestive biscuits plus a quid in my pocket so i think ill have a dairy milk soon :lol:

this will calm down soon and ill be back to my normal sh!t appetited self

Rebound wise - very simple. test and deca for a wee while at a normal ish dose. hopefully ill get a few lean lb of tissue fairly quickly
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby simon m on Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:41 pm

You've fucked up my plans for November and next October you ****! :D

Not a bad idea mate, get healthy grow some more, marry that lovely woman of yours and lose her to me in 2012 :lol:
Have YOU kissed your guns today?!
simon m
Ultimate Contributor

Postby cleaver on Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:48 pm

I know hee Haw about bbing but should you not avoid the Scottish qualifiers and do a last minute one like Kami. it would mean only one diet for the year instead of two.
Rilla wrote:Up the dose.
That's the only way you fucking junkies overcome adversity.

"I think it's all to do with influences from the Bollywood film industry," says Mr Patel.
Use code BSD10 to get 5% off your first order
cleaver
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rab on Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:09 pm

Simon. Fiona was really fond of you mate and thought a lot of you. She wss dead chuffed you said she looked 21 :lol: :lol:

Cleaver. Thought about that angle aye but I feel the 20 week odd gap is ok. Let's you have a break from diet, rebound and come in bigger and tighter. Gives me another productive growth window and also let's me support th e scottish shows in front of my friends sand family which is what its half about to me.

I fancy getting some growth on and doing the nabba scottish and going up against the big boys in ckass 1. Be shredded and pleasing on the eye ( no bag over face jokes please) and see what that gets me.

If I can come back a half stone up on the right places then I'm gonna be pushing my clkassic linit and be a much more complete bodybuilder. I don't intend to be much bigger. The clalass is suited to me so no point in being above that weight class
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby cleaver on Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:53 pm

fiona must have got a glimpse of the curse. :D

"I think it's all to do with influences from the Bollywood film industry," says Mr Patel.
cleaver
Ultimate Contributor

Postby simon m on Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:15 pm

cleaver wrote:fiona must have got a glimpse of the curse. :D

No mate, I was my usual charming self, that's why I've always been a success as I'm a gent. They then see "the curse" and well, let's just say it makes their day!
simon m
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Alex on Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:00 pm

Definately a good idea to recover and replenish.

Have a look at keeping good liver health on a permanent basis as well as I'm still convinced that if this is in place then everything else will follow - 2g Milk Thistle and 1g NAC ED would suffice.
'Behave like you are the best...and you'll have the best chance of being the best you can be.'

'Be effective: do what works...and keep doing it.'

'Bask in the turbulence of my magnificence.'
Alex
Ultimate Contributor

Postby cleaver on Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:05 pm

l agree about nac.

cleaver
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Gym-pig on Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:28 pm

I think this is a smart move

Fiona probably needs a rest and you need to give her attention now ( shes fit and you have a face like chewed up caramel so cant afford to blow this one :D )

A little growth in key areas will also take you so far and you have the team to pull this off !

Best of luck journal whore !
" You've got to stand up for yourself.Sometimes it might backfire ,and you might get hurt ,but it won't hurt as much as letting people constantly taking away your self -worth with their words " Gregg Valentino
Gym-pig
Super Contributor

Postby Rab on Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:33 am

Thanks mate...cheeky cnunt :lol:

Training wise to make the changes i need im gonna have to change things a little.

Ive been training quads and hams split to bring up hams and also give deadlifts a day away from back. this has worked to bring up hams and now my legs are a strong point so qill draw hams and quads back together. Do squats, leg ext, SLDL and leg curls just. My legs respond well and this is enough i think to have them slowly improve. squats and SLDL being the base exercises with the other two being changed about.

Im gonna drop standard deadlifts and do the sldl and on back night Rack deadlifts. reason being my legs seem to respond more from deads than mack so gonna take out my stronger hams from it and put it all on back. lats have imporved recently with some tweaks i made so will continue down that road.

Delts need bringing up further. Again...what i was doing beetween the Scottish shows and the brits did bring them up so will continue with htis outline still. heavy pressing and side laterals. simple and effective. soem twekas and intensity stuff added. Neil Hill has some interesting side lateral work ideas
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby simon m on Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:18 am

With lats Rab, throw in some static contraction work at the end of working sets to really get those buggers to pop out and add mass.
simon m
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rab on Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:31 am

wilWill do mate. i think the changes i made between shows to bring them up did a reasonable chunjk in the short time i had...and thats one thing i was doing. using a little less weight and workign on squeezing them better with as you say the strong squeezing statics

Probably do a back routine like so

Rack Deads
Seated Cable Rows
Tbar Rows
Soem sor of slow squeezy static cabel work. single arm low cable rows (mtorbike rows) or something

but

i do want to do some sort of DC training on the rebound so 2 back workouts need devising.
maybe

1. rack deads and seated cable rows
2. tbars and single arm cable work
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby simon m on Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:34 am

My back routine is along the lines of:

Heavy Hammerstrength Rows

Squeezy Pulldowns

Heavy RDL

Then something squeezy again

With back you need around 4-5 exercises to hit all the angles and do loads of squeezy stuff between the very heavy work.

Staic constractions, rest/pause etc., will all help, bit for sheer mass heavy rows and RDL's work every time.
simon m
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Alex on Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:44 am

I'd sack off T-Bars in favour of Yates Rows possibly.

Medium Grip Weighted Chins are heavily underated for Back growth overall and worth adding in.
'Behave like you are the best...and you'll have the best chance of being the best you can be.'

Alex
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rab on Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:58 pm

First Workout today on the rebound

To prepare for this i had a BSD Milk & Whey 60g shake for brekkie, a bowl of Swis no added sugar muesli and a fry up ( slice sausage, baco fried egg, black pudding, t toast and beans)

Lamost fell asleep in sheer heaven as thats the first fry up ive had in several weeks.

Anyway. Training....

Upper Back, Arms & Rear Delts

Seated Cable Rows

160k x9..rest pause...+5...rest pause +3 squeezy ones

WG Pullups
+20k x7...rest pause drop set...+10k x6...rest pause drop..BW x8

Single Arm DB Rear Delts
30k x9..rest pause..+6 rest pause +4

EZ Curls
60k x7...rest pause drop..50k x4...rest pause drop 40k x4

Pushdowns
Stack +20k x12...rest pause +7...rest pause drop... stack x8

Really good session. great pump and felt really good. no pains or issues at all. Will be hitting everything more often and not doing too much leg work.let my upper body get the brunt of the rebound growth as my legs are a storng point anyway and grow fairly easy
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rab on Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:12 pm

To add. Felt so very tired and run down the last few days. realised that it was alot to do with the show but also probably to dowith the fact ie been uing test prop, but ly last shot was tuesday before the brits so had went appx 10dason thngut winny after the duration of course. srted this out last night and started my rebound few weeks. 1.5ml of sus250 and 1ml of prop. seems to have done the trick. good sleep last night and im feeling mucho refreshed and more life about me today

this is good, but also a bit worrying for coming off.

Stil taking 50mg winny per day, 25mcg of t3 and 1/2 a letro eod. keep he water rebound to a minimum as last time i stopped everything and blew up with water retention like the michelin man. it was awful! Ill keep this up and not bother stoping anything for my first blood test. be interesting to see what it says
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Alex on Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:24 pm

I'd drop the T3's to save your adrenals and start eating lots of greens to bring natural energy levels back up.

Alex
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rab on Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:07 am

Will do mate. just keepign them there for a little longer in a small dose to fend off the worst of the water rebound and also to keep things turning over good with my insane post show appetite

Rilla will be pleased to know im up to 200lb dead today. Little faggot. Ill post up soem pics soon. still vascular about the lower abs. all rehydration, fullness and a sheet of water. only littel nubles of fat startign to cling now really.
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Alex on Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:32 am

2-4 weeks post comp is probably where you'd look your best for the combination of size and conditioning for non show. Should try and retain that all the way through if possible.

Alex
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rab on Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:44 am

Think your right mate. after that the glycogen super compensation settles down and the faqt creeps in to a noticable degree

diet has been cleaned up as of today

loking liek this

100g swis muesli (no added sugar and pretty low fat bar the nuts) with a little semi skimmed
60g milk & whey protein

60g oats with 20g whey porridge made with water

200g chicken
300g potatoes

same again probably with a few biscuits and a cuppa

train

whey and glyco replenish and a bit of fuit

hearty meal - home made lean burgers, maybe a roll or two

bit liek that...slowly making it "clean" again but you know...still enjoyable. when back to work mid week it will be the standard 3x chicken rice/potatoes and veg, protein and oats porridge etc.

In short, cleanish, high carb, high protein and enogh to have me growing
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rab on Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:54 am

Oh and to Add. its My TP's birthday at the weekend so we are all heading out. Being a fanny, ill be employin g afew tactics to drain off a little of the water, get even fuller and bigger and go out all hench in a tight teeshirt. love the look you get right now.

Mark will be annoyed and probably site jab his delts and arms to counter act this treachery on my part :lol:
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Alex on Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:05 am

How are you with Fish?

Alex
Ultimate Contributor

Next

Return to Training Journals