15k x10
25k x8....+5 more standing

Squats ass to calfs
100k x6
120k x5
140k x8

Leg Press Calfs
7 a side x14ish reps

Sticking a bit with the 50k on shoulders. gave the 55k a bash tonight to get use to the weight of the fuckers. prob 2 of them were unassisted just.
Military Press was aiming to get some nie fas reps off. Heavy sets the first rep was push pressed up off my chest

Quad feeling quite good on the squats and injury looks to have healed well
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Re: The Classic's Road to being a big girl

Postby Rilla on Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:02 pm

Happy to hear that your skinny legs are back in action.
Big Choppa wrote:Rab's face probably scares the bar up. Explains his Shit deadlift as well cause the wants to stay away from his deformed bonce.
Rilla
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rab on Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:14 am

Chest & Biceps Yesterday

Flat Db press
65kg x6 (5 myself)

Flat BB
95kg (bodyweight) x 18 reps

Incline BB
100k x10

EZ Curls
60k x8
30k x15

Concentration curls
2 sets of 10 reps

Reasonably happy with the 65k set. moved them well enough and think i should be building on it next week although might be wise to go lighter for a week or two as i had a touch of a niggle. maybe an early warning sign?

tried flat bench for reps at bodyweight as i was curious what i could do. there is a competition along these lines at the powerlifting meet im goign to, to support Mark my TP in 2 weeks time so might give it a bash for sh!ts n giggles. 20 reps would be respectable if i done it it from fresh?

Noticved that aklthough im growing a bit, my arms, inparticular biceps aint as good as they were at the end of last year with me just doign heavy EZ curls. loos like they prefer a little mroe work than that per week. Trpceps seem to be not bad missing out on the compound movement for them and just doign a heavy pushdown/cable work though
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Gym-pig on Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:15 am

Thats some serious pressing - cant see triceps needing much more

and you've always had tiny arms so dont sweat over it ;)
" You've got to stand up for yourself.Sometimes it might backfire ,and you might get hurt ,but it won't hurt as much as letting people constantly taking away your self -worth with their words " Gregg Valentino
Gym-pig
Super Contributor

Postby Rab on Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:44 am

In your face small gunz

Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Gym-pig on Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:50 am

Good job you stood in front man otherwise no one would have seen you ! :lol:

And i look like I had something in my pocket ? I didnt , must have been the sight of those tanned womanly arms getting me all excited :oops:
" You've got to stand up for yourself.Sometimes it might backfire ,and you might get hurt ,but it won't hurt as much as letting people constantly taking away your self -worth with their words " Gregg Valentino
Gym-pig
Super Contributor

Postby Rilla on Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:13 pm

I seriously can not comprehend how ugly your face is bro. It defies logic.
Big Choppa wrote:Rab's face probably scares the bar up. Explains his Shit deadlift as well cause the wants to stay away from his deformed bonce.
Rilla
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rab on Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:45 pm

Rilla wrote:I seriously can not comprehend how ugly your face is bro. It defies logic.

Yes. my gunnage came at the severe price of looks. The drawn in junkie stage ready look certainly dont help matters any :lol:
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Karlos on Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:23 pm

Nice Kanye-esque shades GP :)
Use discount code BSD16 for 5% off your first order
Karlos
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Alex on Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:04 pm

I'm coming to the conclusion that Biceps like to be hit by extremes; either heavy, low reps or light, high reps. I may try out sets with 5-6 reps to failure followed by a final set of around 15 reps to failure but treat it as a working set in it's own right rather than a drop set.
'Behave like you are the best...and you'll have the best chance of being the best you can be.'

'Be effective: do what works...and keep doing it.'

'Bask in the turbulence of my magnificence.'
Alex
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rab on Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:07 pm

Ive concluded that for my arms to be their best and get better, just doing bb/ez curls isnt the way forward

Ill probably switch dto a heavy movement followed by some more squeezy volume movements with cables or concentrated db's

for me, i have a decent natural peak and i have noticed to have them at their best i need to exploit that
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby simon m on Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:45 am

Rab wrote:Ive concluded that for my arms to be their best and get better, just doing bb/ez curls isnt the way forward

Ill probably switch dto a heavy movement followed by some more squeezy volume movements with cables or concentrated db's

for me, i have a decent natural peak and i have noticed to have them at their best i need to exploit that

You have quite short muscle insertions, so you need a peak, but I alsop think you need loads of hammer curls to add some more mass to the brachialis
Have YOU kissed your guns today?!
simon m
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rab on Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:29 am

Might do Preacher mvements first for biceps followed by a standing heavy curl for a period. See what happens
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rab on Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:51 am

Back & Rear Delts Last night

Deadlifts
180k x4
160k x7 - Partial Deads to shin height

Palms facing Pullups
+30k x7...drop set....+5 more at bodyweight

EZ Bar Rows
90k x7 + 2 looser reps - strict set
110k x7 looser more upright a la yates set

Bent over Rope rear delt Laterals
50lb x12

Pretty happy with that. improvement again on deadlifting pulling the 180k much faster. The partials with the 160k were bloody hard and really hit the spot on back. Tough with the inertia of a bar moving downards and having to change the point of motion, rather than let it clunk off a rack...just at the height that it feels as if your lower lats, erectors are being torn apart.

Same as last week on pullups. not surprising as im a kg or a bit more up in weight so happy to hold the line.

Changed to cables for rear delts for a change. using a sinle rope. More comfy that a handle and seems to let you hit the rear delt better with the more natural movement and firmer grip.
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rab on Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:20 am

Shoulders & wee bit of legs last night

Think im gonna have to alter things and get back to slightly more work on legs. Undecided on this as they are still ticking over well and the less recovery they have to rob from my overall ability from full brutal exhausting leg sessions, im hoping more growth can be gotten from the top half that needs it more

DB Press
55k x5...drop set...35k x11

Military Press
2 sets with 60k x10-12 reps

Seated side laterals
20k x9 (about 4 were full height) + 4 ish more standing
14k x9ish seated most full height + 6 or so more standing

Bench press
95k x18

Leg Press
200k x15
160k x20

Good shoulder session. really hit them hard and the side laterals did some damage. pretty sore today which is unusual. Intend to keep the pressure on the fkers with this volume and intensity over the next couple of weeks and see how they fare. voluem and extra intensity on them has been low recently and its being going decent so think ill step it up and see what happens

Leg wise did some really slow not locking out work on leg press. truth be told i did the bench press challenge and then had some banter about it...and lost interest in teh workout/was fcuked
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rab on Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:51 pm

Chest & Arms today

Flat DB
65k x8 - 6 in me alone, last two assisted.

Incline BB
100k x6
120k x5..drop set 80k x7

EZ Curls
65k x6...drop set..40k x7ish

Preacher cable V-Bar Hammers
100lb x11

CGBP
100k x7

Pushdwns
3 short of stack x13

Sluggish start but good session in the end up. Was strong on the 65kg bells and moved them well till the 5th into 6th.
GOnna need to ease off the weight on chest for a week or to. felt a niggle the last 2 weeks in my dodgy right pec tie in thats slowly getting worse, but aint pinged yet. gonna hit it on the head now and learn from mistakes of old. Best way to heal an injury is not to let it happen in the first place
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby simon m on Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:38 am

Rest is need mate, have you thought about the Levrone Superset of: Incline DB, Incline Flyes and Flat DB Press? It's a killer.
Have YOU kissed your guns today?!
simon m
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rab on Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:43 am

Not thought about anything like that recently mate. Juat simply being doing my heavy sets and pushing the line forward where i can

Defo need to take my medicine and lay off for a week even just. give it a bit of rest. might actually not even train chest at all next weekend and just miss it. totally rest it.

Arms feel good fro the extra work. certainly for biceps the low volume wasnt doign them favours. Triceps im not o sure that a compound is required and if its overkill.
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rab on Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:56 pm

Back & Rear Delts

Deadlifts
180k x6
140k x5 partials
160k x6 partials

WG Pulldowns
110k x11 rest paused + few more assisted

Trap Bar Bent Over Rows
70k x8
90k x10 (last couple scrappy)

Cable Rear Delt Laterals
50lb x12

PB on the deadlifts, back was fried after the sets of partials and feelin really good. Positive for once im on the right direction with bck and feeling like progress is coming just now. May get the bawbags to give me a look over and see what they think

If i can break new ground just now then i feel like that will leave me in re comfy position to really push hard at the last quarter of the year for big new gains into dieting January

Never really had any doubts about the goal but bein at the NABBA just reinvogorated things that bit more again. Cant hank BSD enough for the support ive had from them. Really making a huge difference even with my simple supplement requirements off season
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rab on Sun May 01, 2011 10:07 am

Was at the opening of Brickhouse Gym in Carlisle yesterday and also the Cumbrian open Push Pull

Great day. Guests were Alvin Small, Andy Bolton, Mark Felix and Shaun Davis. Think Dave Beatie was there too but didnt have much to say to it.

Seminar wuith them was awesome. Learned alot. Pics to come soon
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby kp1512 on Sun May 01, 2011 10:46 am

rilla looks like he is or has just killed someone and licked the blood off the blade!
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rab on Mon May 02, 2011 8:22 am

Chest & Arms Yesterday

Chest hasnt been right for a few weeks, niggle has been creeping back in where i get injured regularly where my right pec ties into the shoulder on the major in guessing as incline doesnt hurt so much. Seem to be getting wiser as i actually refrained from going heavy this week to avoid injury lol.

FLAT BB
100k x12
100k x12
100k x14

Incline BB
80k x8
100k x8

EZ Curls
60k x9...rest paused drop set...40k x7

Seated Hammer Curls DB
18k x8
22.5k x7 + 3 more per arm standing, touch body movement to force it

DIPS
BW x10
+35kg x11

Pushdowns
stack -2 blocks xappx 12 reps which needed a rest pause in there to force it out

Decent session. chest feels good for the high rep sets and injury hasnt been agrivated so all good. Arms feel good for that workout. I always feel dips much better on triceps than the likes of cgbp and think its somehting worth doing. gonna make this a staple again but keep the added weight modest as its an exercise i love but another i get strong at quick and is an injury risk
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby cleaver on Mon May 02, 2011 10:54 am

The pec major has two ties to the shoulder. One to the sternal head and the other to the clavicular head
Rilla wrote:Up the dose.
That's the only way you fucking junkies overcome adversity.

"I think it's all to do with influences from the Bollywood film industry," says Mr Patel.
Use code BSD10 to get 5% off your first order
cleaver
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rab on Tue May 03, 2011 6:27 pm

I think its the one into the sternal mate. lower than the shoulder tie and it also causes a bit of pain when deadlifting when its irritated.

Weight creeping up. Now at 211lb so on the right direction to 230lb which is my target by the end of the year. May seem a bit daft but for me, gaining a lb is a difficult job no matter how much i eat so im going down this road to ensure im growing. Losing fatis easy, growing really big is the hard bit
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rab on Tue May 03, 2011 9:43 pm

Bit of cardio tonight and its incredible how sensitive my body is to weight gain and how much it doesnt like it. find myelf more sluggish and very "heavy" to haul my ass about. Ill need to keep up my cardio with the gaining

Gonna get tore into a session of DC i think just now whilst tings are going good. Give it a wee whirl over. Been a while since i folowe da asttured program

Will be

Workout 1
chest
shoulders
Triceps
2 bac exercises

Wrokout 2
biceps
forearms/bicep brachi
quads
Hams
Calfs

Ill train 3x per week, sometimes 4x epr week just depending on how things fall but i always like to be one on one off

Food will continue to be as much as i cn manage to get down me then some. Im yet to meet a 200+lb stage weight bodybuilder who hasnt had to bulk big to get big. All the guys i see who advocate staying lean all the time who are big have at one point went down the big eating route and once "there" can maintain and grow measly lbs or two per year. Lots of food = fatter but super anabolic im hoping

ANyways...that the current musings and thoughts....
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Training Journals