The benefits of being barefoot

Your place to post about exercise technique and research

Re: The benefits of being barefoot

Postby GymBunny on Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:47 pm

Rilla wrote:Uhm dainty?
They're bigger than most people I know... :?:

9.5 is not big. Average foot size for a man ~6 ft is size 11.

Hmmm....If your feet are bigger than most people you know I wonder if foot size varies between regions. *wanders off to ponder*
Mens sana in corpore sano
Never look back with regrets and think "what if" for that way madness lies. There are those that will envy you and try and undermine you. They are not worth your time.
GymBunny
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Dtlv74 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:02 pm

I really want a pair of the kangaroo skin KSO's... real high on my list. One question for those who've used them - i have a slightly dodgy big toe on my right foot. broke it playing soccer when fifteen - damn defender trod on my boot as i was about to shoot and i ended up toe punting the ball (in a totally random direction with un intended spin on the ball like i've never seen since) with just my socked foot... as a result i've a touch of arthritis in the joint of the big toe. it doesn't affect my stepping motion or how i place my foot, but i do get cramps in the sole of the foot when it's really bad. Any ideas as to whether this would make the shoes more or less appropriate?
Dtlv74
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rilla on Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:33 pm

GymBunny wrote:
Rilla wrote:Uhm dainty?
They're bigger than most people I know... :?:

9.5 is not big. Average foot size for a man ~6 ft is size 11.

Hmmm....If your feet are bigger than most people you know I wonder if foot size varies between regions. *wanders off to ponder*

Just checked my airmaxes, they're UK10/US11...
Sure you're not talkin US sizes? :D
Big Choppa wrote:Rab's face probably scares the bar up. Explains his Shit deadlift as well cause the wants to stay away from his deformed bonce.
Rilla
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rilla on Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:34 pm

Dtlv74 wrote:I really want a pair of the kangaroo skin KSO's... real high on my list. One question for those who've used them - i have a slightly dodgy big toe on my right foot. broke it playing soccer when fifteen - damn defender trod on my boot as i was about to shoot and i ended up toe punting the ball (in a totally random direction with un intended spin on the ball like i've never seen since) with just my socked foot... as a result i've a touch of arthritis in the joint of the big toe. it doesn't affect my stepping motion or how i place my foot, but i do get cramps in the sole of the foot when it's really bad. Any ideas as to whether this would make the shoes more or less appropriate?

Simple question, does it affect you when walking barefoot? If no, KSOs shouldn't be a problem.
Big Choppa wrote:Rab's face probably scares the bar up. Explains his Shit deadlift as well cause the wants to stay away from his deformed bonce.
Rilla
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Dtlv74 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:07 pm

Rilla wrote:
Dtlv74 wrote:I really want a pair of the kangaroo skin KSO's... real high on my list. One question for those who've used them - i have a slightly dodgy big toe on my right foot. broke it playing soccer when fifteen - damn defender trod on my boot as i was about to shoot and i ended up toe punting the ball (in a totally random direction with un intended spin on the ball like i've never seen since) with just my socked foot... as a result i've a touch of arthritis in the joint of the big toe. it doesn't affect my stepping motion or how i place my foot, but i do get cramps in the sole of the foot when it's really bad. Any ideas as to whether this would make the shoes more or less appropriate?

Simple question, does it affect you when walking barefoot? If no, KSOs shouldn't be a problem.

Then should be fine... infact I think probably better as when my toe plays up it's always more comfortable to go shoeless.
Dtlv74
Ultimate Contributor

Postby GymBunny on Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:52 pm

Dtlv74 wrote:
Rilla wrote:

Then should be fine... infact I think probably better as when my toe plays up it's always more comfortable to go shoeless.

You'll tire faster at first with the Treks, and when I stupidly went hiking the first day in them after 2 hours I developed sudden, crippling and extremely painful cramp in my toes. I actually thought I'd pulled my toes, it felt the way an overstretched muscle did.
Been wearing them almost a month now and I cycle, walk, hike and run in them. I've noticed increased thickness of the muscle height of my feet and even tho I am still Sir-Podge-A-Lot feet are vascular and have distinct muscle seperation. I love them muchly.
Mens sana in corpore sano
Never look back with regrets and think "what if" for that way madness lies. There are those that will envy you and try and undermine you. They are not worth your time.
GymBunny
Ultimate Contributor

Previous

Return to Exercise Kinesiology and Research