Targets - 230lb & Classic Bodybuilding Champion Journal

Want to keep an online log of your training? Here is the place

Re: Targets - 230lb & Classic Bodybuilding Champion Journal

Postby Rab on Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:50 am

...Says the man from the North East which makes him more Scottish than English compared to Dern proper Serth!

I have a couple we met on honeymoon from manchester coming up for the weekend to visit. Im packign away all the valuables :D
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Gym-pig on Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:48 pm

Rab wrote:...Says the man from the North East which makes him more Scottish than English compared to Dern proper Serth!

I have a couple we met on honeymoon from manchester coming up for the weekend to visit. Im packign away all the valuables :D

I live in the North West !!

have you any idea where Southport is ??? :D
" You've got to stand up for yourself.Sometimes it might backfire ,and you might get hurt ,but it won't hurt as much as letting people constantly taking away your self -worth with their words " Gregg Valentino
Gym-pig
Super Contributor

Postby Rab on Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:26 am

damn typo
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rab on Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:15 pm

Well after the weekend at the uni and flattenign off alot with the drinking and all, i was refreshed and ready to go again....trained on Monday night, Chest & Triceps

Flat DB
30k x12
40k x12
50k x12
55k x12

Hammer Str Press
30k x10
40k x10
50k x9

Pec Dek Fly machine
3 sets slow with static holds to make use of a light weight

Dips
BW x10
+20k x10
+40k x11
BW x12

Reverse Pushdowns
3 sets of 12 with a couple of them being superset with regular pushdowns when fatigued

Happy with the session. Crazy pump. Was careful with chest and called it a day at 55k. pec felt good but shoudler not 100% yet. the 55k for 12 was fast and no problem

In the doghouse at home and not been gettign my food in as planned but still eating very clean, just less so no major issue. ill probably dry and elan up as long as protein is high still which it is.
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby simon m on Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:11 pm

Great work Rab, really impresive benching and dips.
Have YOU kissed your guns today?!
simon m
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rab on Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:04 am

Thanks mate. There was more in the tank but im gonna be wise and take more care. 100% form and good slow sets. mroe volume if need be. I cant afford injurys and im due a bad one (touch wood)

Back Last night.

Tbar Rows
40k x8
60k x8
80k x10
100k x9 PB

Seated Cable Rows
3 sets of 10 ish...big stretch, static squeeze

partial Deadlifts
110k x8
160k x6
210 x5

Pulldowns
3 sets of 10ish, slow slow.

Bent over DB rear delt raises
17.5k x12
25k x13
12k x12 slower an paused

Not a bad workout. PB's in there...had a little soemthing special stuck in.

Trained at a different gym. One i used to train at years ago back in the MP days. guy has it back on track and some new kit. Gettign us 50 and 60k bells made up and is willign to get whatever we need. Not leaving the Glencairn gym where Weeman and RS etc is, just gonna train there tues thurs mid week as my training partner is now a retained fireman and its next to the station, plus its closer to home for prep so saves tiem busy mid week. Its also quieter so can go into the wee dungeon gym, ehad down arse up and work hard with no distraction. Mark is a great training partner and ensures im kept motivated and pushed me on all the time so sticking with him.

Will train at Glencairn on Sat and Sundays and be bale to keep on towe with Weeman for Prep help
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby julesm on Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:05 pm

are you going to go down the anal bleaching route?
julesm
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rab on Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:35 am

To be honest mate i aint really thought much about bleaching that area or why you would. Fiona has said i have a huge ar3ehole though when she has been tanning me and im bent over as she uses the little b&Q roller on my hams and glutes.

More serious note. This week ahs been a stressful one. Issues at homw. Not got in the food i had planned so to counter that ive eaten less but super clean all week. ive dropped a few lb but protein and carbs haev still been high enough for the average persons bulk so i know ive just shed some water and mayeb a few ounce of fat. See what happens and i may continue like so for a few more days or weeks. End of the day its all movign me forward or holding the new line i have drawn in the sand so i can live with that.

Would probably be easier infact thinking on the spot ehre if i just had 5 meals per day each with 100g protein and 100g carbs. Boom. Job done. Biggest issue im habing is my last meal of the day and not having the appetite for it till rather late and it being disruptive.
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rab on Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:04 pm

Shoulders n triceps yesterday. Weight still at 219 ish / 100 kg mark. Seems to have set there but things still slightly changing and improving at the weight I think.

Arnie press
25k x12
30kx12
35k x8
30k x12 plus few partials to death

Cable side laterals
2 very slow sets of 12 statics etc

DB side laterals
18k x10 seated
25k x14 standing
14k x20 standing (5 at a time per side)

Pushdowns with rope
3 sets of 12 ish and another 2 sets reverse pushdowns with bar

Dips
Bw x8
+20k x10
+40k x11
+20k x12 slower

Shoulder injury improving further but still caution so slow Arnie press to the front. Side lateral work on cables first felt good.

Good tricep change up. Dips Fter push own isolation to feel it work better and keep weight down to avoid injury. Had more than 40k in ms on dips but would rather go slower than get too heavy. Dodgy on my lady tendons
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rab on Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:38 am

Quads & Calfs last night

ATG Squats (3 sec negs)
60k x8
90k x8
120k x8
140k x9

Leg Press
20 reps slow medium weight
20 reps slow, heavy wieght

Leg Ext
half stack x12
full stack x 13
3/4 stack x10 - 2 sec hold at top

Standing Calf Raise Machine
half stack x15
2/3 stack x15
3/4 stack x 12 with 5 sec static at top and 2 sec pause at bottom

Stretching attempts for quads....cramping and legs full to bursting. had to leave that for an hour to i limped off home

Very good session. good intensity and was low volume but brutal. My legs have always responded well to this. Not liking the less workload on legs and feel liek im missing out. Aso feel paranoid that they will shrink back.

Im thinking its safe to say now that i aint gonna be a risk to busting my weight limit so may well train them a little more. I wont end up inbalanced top to bottom and it woudl give me more leeway if doign alot of cardio for legs to shrink back  bit with workload on them. By Xmas in a few weeks we will havea good idea fo where everything is and asses from there. My new cleaner diet should have me settle out at a weight and be dryer.

Probably 2 different leg sessions week 1 - squats, sldl leg curls....week 2 - squats, leg rpess leg ext

Weeman suggested just training them every week but only going balls to the wall every 2 or 3 weeks. I dotn fancy that tbh and aint one for going to do easy ozie sessions

Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rab on Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:33 pm

Week has went well. Quads and calfs on monday, Biceps Tuesday, Chest Wednesday with yesterday and today being rest days.

Food been all pretty much tere and clean although im not happy as condition feels to have slipped slightly. puttign thi down to ghpr being gone and not getign away with the food the same.

have tightened up the game and food is cleaner now. building myself up to a dietign state of mind...mental preparation and traiing for prep if you like lol.

really fancy doign some cardio just now and just gettign into a rythm. very motivated to start chipping into it growth and gains wise. See what Weeman recons and get a few opinions.
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rilla on Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:23 pm

WTH.

I post a vid of myself pulling a goddamn truck wearing the anabolic bandana and I get nothing?!
Big Choppa wrote:Rab's face probably scares the bar up. Explains his Shit deadlift as well cause the wants to stay away from his deformed bonce.
Rilla
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rab on Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:21 pm

lol sory dude missed it

Weight hit a new crescendo at the weekend of 225lb. good going. nowhere near as watery as my previous highest of 221 before settling doen at 219 for a few weeks there.

Really cant see me gettign a hell of lot bigger now but tbh im surprised by that wee birst. defo got 30lb to come off though but at that...im gonna need top be careful with my weight. if i do keep growing good and turns out i dotn drop as much as i think i could haev a problem but tbh i find it easy to drop weight so.... i can also get my self crack ed about by the chiro and stretched out again an extra cm to 182 which will give me another kg limit.

Feel like the off season is now dragging in and im kinda rushing my life away into wanting to get on with prep as i love the journey into it as much as i moan i do liove it.

Garage base being concreted up in 2 weeks, and the garage constructed the following. 20ft by 10ft so big enough for some basic equipment. wee bike and xtrainer in the first instance so i will be able to do my mornign cardio in there come jan rather than out in the minus temperatures of the Scottish winter probably gail force and raining too. big bonus that is. Would love a big proper xtrainer or stepper but they are a fortune
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rab on Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:52 am

Finding training very difficult right now especially on legs and back. feeling my own weight and not used to it. gassing out and lower back pumps are unbearable. got 140k atg for 15 reps the other night and thought i was going to die....then a se of 80k for 10 reps bottom range of the movement then 20 more full ROM.

cut super supplements right down ove the last few weeks. next shot is just 200mg of test. ease it to next to nothing till prep is underway and decide what to do from then.
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby simon m on Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:23 pm

The body needs time to rest as well Rab, take it easy for a couple of weeks then come back refreshed. Still train, but not balls to the wall.
simon m
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rab on Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:12 am

I feel fresh and ready to train hard mate, not burned out, just finding it hard to handle my opwn weight. gassed out with it, body not used to it but i defo think that it will be a good thing for me to get used to actually being heavier and let my body hold onto more size as what is demanded of it.

Thinking shorter workouts might be better, inparticular on the big things like legs and after shoudlers im also gubed! Im also at the old gym again mid week which is 7 min from the house drive so i can go there more times per week

looking at this for a split just now

Sat chest & tris
Sunday Back
Tues Bi's and hams
Wed Shoulders & calfs
Thurs Quads

Satrting this as of saturday.

In limbo ood wise. dont wanna get any fatter now...im fat enough getting....but dotn wanna start dieting as such its too early and i could be doign myself out of some more growing...plus the lettign my body adjust to being heavier..Eating slightly less simple carbs for sure and as much as possible tidying the food up but not dieting i think for now
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rab on Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:03 am

Shoudlers & Triceps last night. not too bad. cable machine is garbage at new gym as smooth as a badgers arse or a tramps chin. dbs are the meat of my work annyways.

Arnie pressing still due to shoudler pain. bit fed up with it now. it is improving though but still. frustrating.

weight 224.4 today so holding the line at this new weight. not too bloated either. defo fatter. After discussins with Dr Conrad Jules, ive decided to man up and hold this weight till xmas. if i can recomp any then thats a bonus but gonna hold the line till xmas/new year and see if it helps me hold onto the new muscle
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby simon m on Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:09 pm

Fat CVNT
simon m
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rab on Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:57 am

baldy

224.6 today. weight staying the same/increasing but kcals have been significantly reduced for a week or so. Feck knows how this all works its a load of nonsense!!!

Last night was utter torture. sugar cravings were crippling me and im sure will do for a week or so till i let it pass. i dont bother takign the edge off it with sugar free fizy juice etc. i think its better to just lety it pass over and settle into it naturally.

Food Yesterday

Brekkie
70g whey
100g oats

Brunch
60g rice
200g turkey
clementine

Lunch
60g rice
200g turkey
clementine

Dinner
250-300g beef
100g noodles
little veg

Supper
75g rice appx
230g turkey

Bed time
70g whey in water

Had a bloody big dinenr but nothign was stoppign the sugar cravings at this point or after supper. just had to sit it out
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rab on Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:47 am

Biceps and Hamstrings last night

EZ curls
30k x12
40k x10
50k x12
50k x10 plus few cheats (no spoter)

Seated DB hammer Curls
17.5 x10
22.5 x10
25k x12 standing looser form

Machine Preacher
2 sets of 10 ish reps single arm good slow squeeze

Leg Curls
30k x12
40k x12
50k x8

SLDL/RDL
60k x10
80k x10
120k x10
140k x10
170k x5

Enjoyed that and making moves to fall in line with the new training regime and split. Got a bloody cold now. 2 days off and will resume saturday and sunday with chest & triceps then back & rear delts
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rab on Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:21 am

Training on Saturday was chest & triceps and Sunday was back & rear delts

Chest was higher volume and slow. shoudlers about 75% now but still beign careful. 45k for 4 sets of 10-12 on flat, some drop sets of hamemr str press.

Back was good strict rowing. bb rows, hammer str rows, partial deadlifts and pulldowns. felt good. the scapula/shoudler rehab is gettign me a better back workoput and mind/muscle in it which ive always lacked and it shows

Diet settling in now and appetite increasing for solid food which is pretty much al im having at the moment...but if i run out of the ghrp i amy need to get some from liquids

yesterday - rest day

brekkie
70g whey
100g oats porridge made with 250ml rice milk

brunch
200g turkey
250g potatoes
clementine

lunch
200g turkey
250g potatoes
apple

dinner
200g turkey
100g noodles

supper
250g beef mince chilli
60-70g wholegrain rice

bed time
70g whey shake

sugar cravings now managable and under control after a few days of cold turkey pain.

training feels better now im not bloated up with exessive food and liquid food. lower back pumps aint crippling me and just gettign a natural good pump. also dont feel terribel after training fro 2 hours. lookign forward to seeign what results i get from the 5x epr week training (sat sun tues wed thurs)

weight holdign bang on 222lb despite the drop in kcals. I would be delighted if i can hold over 220 and keep drying up/recomping slightly. Im feelign mroe confident now that ive gianed a good bit o muscle and its not just all gear and gut bloat weight.
gear wise its <1ml of test prop every couple of days. let all the long acting stuff get our (undecanoate test ester in t400) and get a nce little spike from the prop as opposed to a small dose of enanthate or something which is gash in comparison.
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rab on Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:20 am

Biceps and hamstrings on tuesday night

ez curls, preacher ez curls, seated hammer curls and a set of preacher machine single arm curls to finish
leg curls and stiff/romanian deadlifts for hams. really good session. feels great giving biceps and hams a bit of priority like that

Shoudlers & Calfs last night
Arnie Db press, machine press similar grip to arnie, db side laterals and machine calf raises. bloody calfs are killing me today. more efort put into them from fresher than a token set or two after an exhausting leg session. much more effective this i think

Quads only tonight which is a releif. squats, peg press and leg ext.....afte those done hard and proper im fuked
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rab on Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:41 am

Ok brief update.

Weight staying around the 99-100k mark and looking alot sharper. Food staying around 300-450g carbs and 350 protein. Fats still kept low

Half hour fasted cardio on my see static bike begun for anfew weeks till Xmas and food slightly increased too

Just now it's get into diet frame of mind (done) start to sharpen up and refine things, Rest from gear and eat enough to be recompin a bit hopefully.

Biceps and hams last night. Did db preacher for the first time inna long time. Wow delt awesome and will add these and some heavy partial ones too. Get the guns growing to over 18
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rab on Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:20 am

weight now 98kg. appetite now through the roof and im guessign metabolism burning well. Have decided to up the food slightly to accomodate this and hopefully get a good effect along with some cardio. little extra oats for brekkie (110-120g) and little extra carbs post workout (100g now was 75-80g). small tweak but enough

animal flesh consumption is at 850g per day from chicken and turkey mostly with a protion of red meat as my last solid meal. carbs are at 380-400g per day from oats rice, kidney beans or mixed beans and post workout simples

Cardio is about a half hour very easy going on the static bike 6 ish days per week fasted first thing in the morning.

training going well. arms are losign the sheet of water and fat slowly and are still hittign 18" cold. Look significantly improved now. back is defo thicker but the width issue plagues me and always will. have kept my waist tight though so thats helping

gear still at 75mg test prop every 2-3days with an AI. thats been a considerable tiem now on humanish levels. lost all the crazy deca traps and fullness abotu the delts but also some of the bloat. have discussed what the 16-18 weeks contest cycle is going to look like and have got soem soponsorship from my gym which is helping towards super supplements. will detail later the contest cycle
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby simon m on Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:35 pm

Looking very good, love the shot of your gunz you sent me. My arms are just under 17" at the moment, but I'm eating eff all protein or food tbh. Waiting for New Year and then will go fuck steam ahead as body needs 3 months rest from food etc
simon m
Ultimate Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Training Journals