Sex as a form of cardio?

Whether its the treadmill, HIIT, Plyometrics, skipping or sled pulling....ask\put it here!

Sex as a form of cardio?

Postby Oggy on Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:26 pm

I find doing cardio at the gym to be really boring and can never be really bothered unlike weight training which i really enjoy. I do enjoy cycling butdo don't have my bike here with me at my girlfriends. I was meant to be going to the gym for an hours cardio today but opted for sex instead as i didn't have time for both. The problem is this happens more than not and was thinking that due to the amount of sweating that an hours sex sesssion has would sex maybe be as effective at buring fat as an hour on the x trainer?
Oggy
Becoming-Regular

Re: Sex as a form of cardio?

Postby Karlos on Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:37 pm

Good glute activation too if you got the motion correct 8-)
Use discount code BSD16 for 5% off your first order
Karlos
Ultimate Contributor

Postby ollie on Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:40 pm

Yes, but an hour's steady state fucking is nowhere near as good as 15 minutes of HIIT smashing for fat loss.

I'd suggest 30s of max effort, followed by 60s of recovery. I'm sure if you told her what you were doing she'd be more than happy to lick off her own juices between bouts.
ollie
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Oggy on Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:01 pm

^LMAO! It was her idea actually and she sucks her own juices off me before. I sweat loads though, much more than any normal cardio at the gym, maybe I do the HIIT pace naturally!

Was just asking because I felt guilty for not going to the gym, we're still acting like we just met eachother so we can't get enough time together. Looking fowared to settling down back to a normal routine.
Oggy
Becoming-Regular

Postby GymBunny on Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:47 pm

Sounds like you have a keeper there....Calories burnt in sex. Not sure how accurate it is tho! :lol:

EDIT: this one looks ok
Mens sana in corpore sano
Never look back with regrets and think "what if" for that way madness lies. There are those that will envy you and try and undermine you. They are not worth your time.
GymBunny
Ultimate Contributor

Postby simon m on Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:32 pm

I'm more of a Usain Bolt, so I still need cardio :D
Have YOU kissed your guns today?!
simon m
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Oggy on Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:31 pm

GymBunny wrote:Sounds like you have a keeper there....Calories burnt in sex. Not sure how accurate it is tho! :lol: ok

Lol, damn it if I only had a teensy-weensy, I'd be under 10% body fat months ago!

I thought there would be a lot more calories burned during sex though, I was thinking more like 100 cals per 10 minutes as a lot of heat is being generated.

And yes I think she is a keeper, first lady I've met that wants sex more than me. Older ladies rock! Do all women turn into sex fiends at their pre menopausal state?
Oggy
Becoming-Regular

Postby simon m on Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:34 pm

Oggy wrote:
GymBunny wrote:Sounds like you have a keeper there....Calories burnt in sex. Not sure how accurate it is tho! :lol: ok

Lol, damn it if I only had a teensy-weensy, I'd be under 10% body fat months ago!

I thought there would be a lot more calories burned during sex though, I was thinking more like 100 cals per 10 minutes as a lot of heat is being generated.

And yes I think she is a keeper, first lady I've met that wants sex more than me. Older ladies rock! Do all women turn into sex fiends at their pre menopausal state?

Ask your mum :lol:
Have YOU kissed your guns today?!
simon m
Ultimate Contributor

Postby health4ni on Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:42 pm

^^ :lol: lmfao
Cluster Training
http://health4ni.com/ :: BSD Discount Code: BSD6505
health4ni
Ultimate Contributor

Postby GymBunny on Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:50 pm

Oggy wrote:

Women reach their sexual peak mid-late 30s. Apparently their sexdrive at that age is comparable to teenage guys.

I think if you are more creative you'll burn more. I reckon you'll burn more with 20mins of adventurous sex than an hour of long slow loving. :D
Never look back with regrets and think "what if" for that way madness lies. There are those that will envy you and try and undermine you. They are not worth your time.
GymBunny
Ultimate Contributor

Postby health4ni on Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:58 pm

I posted a routine in KP's training journal saying that 10s hard on* with 45s off works well for burning fat.

Not sure if it's possible to go "all out" for 10s, but if you try may I suggest some lube :P

* Pun intended
Cluster Training
http://health4ni.com/ :: BSD Discount Code: BSD6505
health4ni
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Oggy on Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:17 pm

simon m wrote:
Ask your mum :lol:

Dont think I need to, she ran off with a younger man at 47! My lady is 45 so yeah it's a bit of a freaky turn on.

But yeah, I've heard that it's quite common for women to do this mid age.
Oggy
Becoming-Regular

Postby GymBunny on Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:18 pm

Sounds good. I'd recommend a waterbased lube like astroglide
GymBunny
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Oggy on Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:25 pm

GymBunny wrote: Women reach their sexual peak mid-late 30s. Apparently their sexdrive at that age is comparable to teenage guys.

She must have been suppressing her sex drive for all her 14 years of marage then, whoohoo!
Oggy
Becoming-Regular

Postby GymBunny on Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:38 pm

Oggy wrote:
GymBunny wrote: Women reach their sexual peak mid-late 30s. Apparently their sexdrive at that age is comparable to teenage guys.

She must have been suppressing her sex drive for all her 14 years of marage then, whoohoo!

Alternatively you're a god in the sack! Post videos so we can critically analyse :lol:
GymBunny
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rilla on Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:44 pm

Unless you're doing some serious intervals or something, an hour worth of crosstrainer only burns off 5-800 on a good day.
Big Choppa wrote:Rab's face probably scares the bar up. Explains his Shit deadlift as well cause the wants to stay away from his deformed bonce.
Rilla
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Oggy on Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:48 pm

No vids as of yet, will pics do? Hehe, I've actually got some pics on my phone. I was surprised that she even let me take naked pics of her!
Oggy
Becoming-Regular

Postby GymBunny on Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:26 pm

Oggy wrote:No vids as of yet, will pics do? Hehe, I've actually got some pics on my phone. I was surprised that she even let me take naked pics of her!

Pics will do just fiiiiiine! :mrgreen: :twisted:
GymBunny
Ultimate Contributor

Postby the_cheshirecat on Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:52 am

I absolutey agree with nearly everything that has been posted on this thread. :twisted:
Craig: "you're like my own MILF, only with no kids".
the_cheshirecat
Popular Member

Postby Dtlv74 on Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:25 pm

I wouldn't know about any of this because I'm as pure as the virgin snow... :?
Dtlv74
Ultimate Contributor

Return to Cardiovascular Fitness