Pullups / Chinups

Your place to post about exercise technique and research

Pullups / Chinups

Postby health4ni on Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:36 pm

http://www.dieselcrew.com/ultimate-pull ... -pull-ups/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A great video of nearly all pullup/chinup variations and exercises to use to try to do pullups/chinups.

I think Rilla will like this.

A few comments:

- the side-to-side pullups they do is different to how I've seen them before... and indeed how I do them. I described the technique I use in a thread Rab created a few weeks ago. But as always this is just another variation to use. I think overall I prefer lowering back down so as to get more pull-ups out of it... I also think it's harder than staying the top and moving side-to-side.

- thick rolling bar is hard as nails. Those of you with Fat Gripz can give it a go. Whilst they don't move much (but they do move a little), you'll find this very tough.

- there's a lean-away pull-up that simply means you actively try to keep your upper body leaning away from the bar. Especially hard on the lowering.

- their pop-out is similar to a (poliquin called) Subscapularis Pull-up, whereby you Pull-up, then at the top position push away and lower under control. If you've never done this before expect some serious DOMs in muscles you didn't know existed!

- not that I've ever done them, but they missed Clap Pull-Ups. I think the Reach Pull-ups is a good way to progress to a Clap Pull-Up.

- A muscle-up is very hard... but even harder on Rings!

- one-arm / two- or even one-finger pullups are missed but tbh you'll not see many people that lift heavy weights (squats, deadlifts etc) doing these.
Cluster Training
http://health4ni.com/ :: BSD Discount Code: BSD6505
health4ni
Ultimate Contributor

Re: Pullups / Chinups

Postby Rab on Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:15 pm

Have a look at that link when i get a min. Cheers
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Re: Pullups / Chinups

Postby Rilla on Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:31 pm

Good little video for sure. :)
Big Choppa wrote:Rab's face probably scares the bar up. Explains his Shit deadlift as well cause the wants to stay away from his deformed bonce.
Rilla
Ultimate Contributor

Return to Exercise Kinesiology and Research