Problems With Sleep

New to training? Want to get in shape and want some free advice? Feel free to ask away in here!

Re: Problems With Sleep

Postby Pingu on Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:37 pm

Marks1972 wrote:I keep getting woken up by pins and needles in my arms and hands, sometimes quite painful.

I only get this on days when ive trained upper body, apparently is something to do with the muscles swelling from fluid retention and putting pressure on nerves or something.

I get a similar problem with the wonky arm sometimes Mark! I sometimes have to sleep with my left arm on a pillow and that seems to help me...no idea about the technical aspect of it but I've done it for years with the wonky one.

OK then, a related question. What if you get a decent night's sleep, but you are still really tired the next day (and have had "enough" sleep for the previous days)? It's happening today...last 3 nights I've been doing OK with sleep (well much better) but I am already starting to struggle now. I can't understand it...

Have read somewhere that adrenal function might have something to do with it, but wondering if any of you guys have come across this before?
Life is too short for boring socks
Pingu
Ultimate Contributor

Previous

Return to Beginners Lounge