Private Messages Not obvious

Have an idea to make this place better? Throw it in here, or PM the Moderators!

Private Messages Not obvious

Postby Rab on Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:54 pm

Its not very obvious when you get a PM. Ive geen on and off 2 or 3 times on occasion and not realised i had one.

Any chance of your messages tab being highlighted / flashing or something when you have a PM?
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Re: Private Messages Not obvious

Postby Alex on Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:14 pm

Try learning to read and counting past "0".

If you want I can get Simon to lend you some of his alphabet and number building blocks that he uses when interviewing potential employee's...
'Behave like you are the best...and you'll have the best chance of being the best you can be.'

'Be effective: do what works...and keep doing it.'

'Bask in the turbulence of my magnificence.'
Alex
Ultimate Contributor

Postby kp1512 on Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:20 pm

Rab wrote:Its not very obvious when you get a PM. Ive geen on and off 2 or 3 times on occasion and not realised i had one.

Any chance of your messages tab being highlighted / flashing or something when you have a PM?

HAve you set it to auto notify you via the popup?...and also email?
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rab on Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:21 pm

Alex wrote:Try learning to read and counting past "0".

If you want I can get Simon to lend you some of his alphabet and number building blocks that he uses when interviewing potential employee's...

Thanks for those ideas ....Image

I dodnt know you could do that with the pop-ups KP! Cheers
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby kp1512 on Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:23 pm

Rab wrote:
Alex wrote:Try learning to read and counting past "0".

Thanks for those ideas ....Image

I dodnt know you could do that with the pop-ups KP! Cheers

Come on man give us some credit! :D we do try and make things as easy as possible.... :mrgreen:
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Alex on Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:31 pm

This is whaty happens when you allow devolution of Scotland and let them carry on unsupervised :)
'Behave like you are the best...and you'll have the best chance of being the best you can be.'

'Be effective: do what works...and keep doing it.'

'Bask in the turbulence of my magnificence.'
Alex
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rab on Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:47 pm

Alex wrote:This is whaty happens when you allow devolution of Scotland and let them carry on unsupervised :)

Less of your cheek and give me some more of your English tax money to subsidise my council tax freeze! :lol:
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby simon m on Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:52 pm

Rab wrote:
Alex wrote:This is whaty happens when you allow devolution of Scotland and let them carry on unsupervised :)

Less of your cheek and give me some more of your English tax money to subsidise my council tax freeze! :lol:

Have you really got a tax freeze?!
Have YOU kissed your guns today?!
simon m
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rab on Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:03 pm

simon m wrote:
Rab wrote:

Have you really got a tax freeze?!

tool face salmond made it one of his pledges and is struggling to implement it but yes. local councils cannot be forced to freeze it but most have signed up to it, possibly all of them now.

....So yes!

I dont think its a good thing though as there is no additional money for it and it could be better spent imo.

they are currently trying to scrap council tax altogether in favour of a local income tax....does what is says on the tin...you pay a council tax basically base on your income.

Using the figures provided, me and my gf would be paying the same ..£110 per month with a household income of £38.5k...so allot of average joe hard working families would be better off. the guys on bigger incomes would be a little worse off!

The consensus is that it isnt going to happen as Westminster isn't happy about the idea, the cost to set this up would be massive, and a few other things that are going tit-for-tat.
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Return to Comments and Suggestions