Alex wrote:I've posted mine up in the Nutrtion Journals section for critique or whatever.
Also I'll sticky this thread as well.
The best part of 2009 is over and my nutrition has stayed extremely stable throughout this year, the only important change was reducing meal frequency and it becoming less 'snacky' than the earlier months (which i recorded)
There havn't really been any rules on what i should eat, just habbits and when i am hungry.
Overall my diet has been around 40-45/30/25-30 CPF, changing slightly but no extreme moves as far as macronutrients go.
It's been inspired by simplicity and level-headedness, nutritious natural foods, no fads, no extremes, instinctual eating.
As i say it's been very habitual but with a few 'different' meals and treats of course.
Typical foods i have been eating:
-Mussel meat (almost daily)
-Herring rollmops (almost daily)
-Other seafood: oily fish (sprats), octopus, white fish etc (almost daily)
-Goats cheese (small amounts, couple times a week)
-Liver pate (small amounts, weekly)
-Venison/lean meat (bi-weekly)
-Cod liver oil (daily now, but didn't have it in height of summer)
-Buckwheat (almost daily)
-Sourdough bread (Couple times a week)
-Rye crackers (couple times a week)
-Potatoes/sweet potatoes (couple times a week)
-Brown rice (couple times a week)
-Soba noodles/brown rice noodles etc (couple times a week)
-About one piece of fruit a day (kiwis, berries, strawberries, orange etc)
-Kale/greens/brocolli (average about 250g a day)
-Carrots (almost daily)
-Tomatoes (daily in summer, cut down now)
-Mushrooms (couple times a week)
-Tahini (couple times a week, on/off cycles)
-Fennel (bi weekly)
-Macadamia nuts (was a major addiction, couple times a week gone cold turkey recently)
-Other nuts (weekly/bi weekly)
One or two drinks every other night usually.
(had about 5 or 6 'nights out' with elevated drinking this year)
Around 2500, up and down a little bit depending on circumstances.
That pretty much covers 90% of the foods that have entered my mouth in the last year, the other 10% is random stuff, treats etc, the 80/20 rule is good but i find 90/10 sufficient to keep me happy.
The nutrition has required 0% effort to maintain, no real temptation to eat anything else.
My weight has stayed between 186-190lb, fitness and strength have remained on skeleton training but plenty of physical work.
Relaxed, happy and no real illness to speak of.
No new years resolutions needed, i see no reason to change this diet in any significant way, slight tweaks and evolution as i go along excepted.
Rilla wrote:Up the dose.
That's the only way you fucking junkies overcome adversity.
Craig wrote:I try to get my good food in first, quality carbs mainly oats and basmati rice, as much protein as I can stomach, obv the healthy fats and veg too but once I'm at that feeling full point and still haven't hit my calorie quota I'll just eat whatever. Most peoples bulking diet looks like my cutting diet TBH.
Craig wrote:I use gluten free oats from waitrose, the problem come not from the gluten LIKE protein in oats but cross contamination from wheat, this happens when wheat grows amoungst the oats by accident and when the oats are processed in the same facilities as wheat.
My oats cost a small fortune but are worth ever penny to me!
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 11 guests