Powerlifting,bands,boards,speed & more....

The place to discuss powerlifting and powerbuilding based training!

Re: Powerlifting,bands,boards,speed & more....

Postby Karlos on Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:53 pm

Really good post,surprised me with your writing quality too (no offense) :)
Use discount code BSD16 for 5% off your first order
Karlos
Ultimate Contributor

Postby JohnC on Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:21 am

Karlos wrote:Really good post,surprised me with your writing quality too (no offense) :)
How can that not be offensive?! :D
JohnC
Regular Contributor

Postby Karlos on Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:37 pm

Lol well its not really...im just saying he's obviously capable of writing well! where as i previously judged him from his 'quick posts' which don't always reflect that. Its a compliment. :D
Use discount code BSD16 for 5% off your first order
Karlos
Ultimate Contributor

Postby curtis on Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:46 pm

Karlos wrote:Lol well its not really...im just saying he's obviously capable of writing well! where as i previously judged him from his 'quick posts' which don't always reflect that. Its a compliment. :D

Thanks.
Currently Brit Champ 285/180/255 ~ 720 -4xBRs-

Training for BPC World's November 2008
curtis
Popular Member

Postby Richard on Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:14 am

Thanks Curt, this clearly took some time & effort to write, its well set out & easy to understand. I'll be referring to this when I start adding some speed work.
Richard
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Hillman on Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:27 pm

This is a really good post and well explained.
Current sups: ***** Guarana and Tyrosine, Vit C, Vit B,Fish Oils and whey!
Hillman
Regular Contributor

Postby Aren on Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:58 am

Great post mate.

I still need to find the cash to get my three suits, and some resistance bands (though I've got a set of high quality Ripcords, which in theory I could probably rig around barbells etc.).

Any advice on suits? The ones on Pullum come in three sizes - Regular, Meet, and Comp. Any idea how one knows which one to get? Does it mean that I have to a separate suit for equipped training and competition? I assume a "Comp" suit is too tight to use for regular equipped training...?

Cheers.
Aren
Regular Contributor

Postby Rilla on Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:45 am

Aren wrote:Great post mate.

I still need to find the cash to get my three suits, and some resistance bands (though I've got a set of high quality Ripcords, which in theory I could probably rig around barbells etc.).

Any advice on suits? The ones on Pullum come in three sizes - Regular, Meet, and Comp. Any idea how one knows which one to get? Does it mean that I have to a separate suit for equipped training and competition? I assume a "Comp" suit is too tight to use for regular equipped training...?

Cheers.

It sounds an awful lot like you need to find a PL club and learn the basics of equipped lifting before going off on your own.
In short:
The best way to go about it as a novice is to start with a pretty loose suit/shirt, then gradually as you get better switch to tighter gear.
You use the same gear for training as you do for competitions - it would be silly to train in on bench shirt, then put on a tighter one at a meet only to realize you couldn't get the weight down, right? Knowing your gear is hugely important as different makes of gear have different feels.
The best way of knowing which size to get would be to try one out at your club. :p
Big Choppa wrote:Rab's face probably scares the bar up. Explains his Shit deadlift as well cause the wants to stay away from his deformed bonce.
Rilla
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Ader on Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:30 am

I would look around for second hand suits initially and definately don't go for comp' fit suits to start with as it takes a while to get the feel of them - As Rilla says go loose to start with - That's why 2nd hand is the way to start - Also a 2nd hand suit will be slightly looser than a new one anyway and so easier to learn.

Look around on the PL sites - there are nraerly always 2nd hand suits up for sale - Only problem is sizing.
Ultimate Contributor

Previous

Return to Powerlifting