Current thoughts on peri-workout aminos

Forum to discuss supplements and get general advice.

Current thoughts on peri-workout aminos

Postby health4ni on Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:12 pm

Anyone got any thoughts on peri-workout aminos based on the latest products and research in the past couple of years?

I've used rice, hemp & pea protein exclusively since 2009. I'm thinking of trying out a EAAs again just around the training session.

Thinking of this:

BREAKFAST: 10g glutamine with my fresh lemon drink. Wait 30mins before consuming anything else (this is currently done)
30MINS PRE: 15g EAAs + 5g citrulline + 3g creatine + some sodium & potassium bicarbonate (prob 1-3g) + fresh lemon or lime
DURING: green drink with salt (this is currently done)
POST: 15g EAAs + 3g creatine + some sodium & potassium bicarbonate (prob 1-3g) + fresh lemon or lime

I may add some magnesium chloride into both the EAA drinks (500mg each [liquid form]).

Then I just continue with my current alkaline based nutrition.
Cluster Training
http://health4ni.com/ :: BSD Discount Code: BSD6505
health4ni
Ultimate Contributor

Re: Current thoughts on peri-workout aminos

Postby Alex on Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:03 am

I've been tweaking around with this for ages and settled on what seems to work for me...

First of I make sure I've eaten solids at least 90 mins before training now - ideally it's a couple of hours.

I share the same drink pre and during which is 500ml water to which I'll have already soaked in Green Tea & Lemon. To this I add around 8g-10g EAA's and some Himalayan Salt. I'll drink around 1/3 30 mins out and then the rest through my session. I'm also a fan of the BSD Tri Creatine Malate Caps at the moment so 5 of those pre and post as well.

Having tried out various veggie protein powder sources I'm almost sad to say that good whey old has come back to haunt me in terms of functional results so a few scoops of this with coconut water or almond milk is my post workout drink. If I were dieting for a comp or looking you drop under 8% BF then I'd maybe trade for a veggie source but as this is my only use of whey I don't see it as any issue.

I'll eat a solid meal around 45mins or so after this and I'll make sure there's Cottage Cheese consumed at this point. I won't bother with the details but it seems there's a fair shout for consuming as pat of a post workout meal.

I don't bicarb post anymore but still in the morning. My green veg consumption is such that I feel it's not really necessary for me to do so.
'Behave like you are the best...and you'll have the best chance of being the best you can be.'

'Be effective: do what works...and keep doing it.'

'Bask in the turbulence of my magnificence.'
Alex
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rab on Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:02 pm

Whats the thoughts on how you would roll with aminos and carb pre/peri/post workout if you introduce some fast acting insulin into the mix such as novorapid?

Never thought much of pre peri and post workout aminos in terms of hassle:results however i may be missing a trick when ive used insulin in the past rpe workout with a tonne of carbs and solid protein when i may have been able to shuttle a tonne of aminos right to where you want.
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Craig on Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:21 pm

Rab wrote:Whats the thoughts on how you would roll with aminos and carb pre/peri/post workout if you introduce some fast acting insulin into the mix such as novorapid?

Never thought much of pre peri and post workout aminos in terms of hassle:results however i may be missing a trick when ive used insulin in the past rpe workout with a tonne of carbs and solid protein when i may have been able to shuttle a tonne of aminos right to where you want.

I just use two scoops of humapro pre and post, when using slin, adding in glutamine post. You could use scivation xtend also as it has the glutamine in with the bcaa's.
Craig
Ultimate Contributor

Postby kp1512 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:07 pm

health4ni wrote:Anyone got any thoughts on peri-workout aminos based on the latest products and research in the past couple of years?

I've used rice, hemp & pea protein exclusively since 2009. I'm thinking of trying out a EAAs again just around the training session.

Thinking of this:

BREAKFAST: 10g glutamine with my fresh lemon drink. Wait 30mins before consuming anything else (this is currently done)
30MINS PRE: 15g EAAs + 5g citrulline + 3g creatine + some sodium & potassium bicarbonate (prob 1-3g) + fresh lemon or lime
DURING: green drink with salt (this is currently done)
POST: 15g EAAs + 3g creatine + some sodium & potassium bicarbonate (prob 1-3g) + fresh lemon or lime

I may add some magnesium chloride into both the EAA drinks (500mg each [liquid form]).

Then I just continue with my current alkaline based nutrition.

Thats one schedule

Ive gone to the other extreme now - really simple!

I am getting old! Or just dont care!
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Postby health4ni on Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:28 am

^^ which is? :)
Cluster Training
http://health4ni.com/ :: BSD Discount Code: BSD6505
health4ni
Ultimate Contributor

Return to Supplements