Discount Sites

A place to discuss issues which dont fall into other areas and just basic banter and humour!

Discount Sites

Postby kp1512 on Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:58 am

Anyone here use Groupon?

How long before they go under!

Unreal valuation and what a mess! Ive yet to see a business have success with it let alone a customer have a nice experience with what they bought?
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Re: Discount Sites

Postby cleaver on Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:32 pm

use groupon for ten pin bowling deals and Shit like that.

it is on _ is another one.

is that you in your avatar?
Rilla wrote:Up the dose.
That's the only way you fucking junkies overcome adversity.

"I think it's all to do with influences from the Bollywood film industry," says Mr Patel.
Use code BSD10 to get 5% off your first order
cleaver
Ultimate Contributor

Postby julesm on Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:43 pm

i know a chap who works in groupon complaints department- said they are sharpening up their act
my mrs got me that indoor skydiving gift through groupon- no myther at all, only issue was the window of opportunity i had to use the voucher
julesm
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Resurrected on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:15 pm

I've bought a few things from Groupon. Always researching first as they are not always bargains.

As for the business model. K.P. you're only spouting what a few journo's etc have said over the last six months or so.
Thoughts determine what you want... Actions determine what you get!

Why are Chavs like slinkies? They have no real use but it's great to watch one fall down a flight of stairs.
Resurrected
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Gym-pig on Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:44 am

I ordered a new memory foam mattress which I was told would be here is 21 days . Its now week 5 and the company concerned as hopeless . I suspect they have been overwhelmed by demand but the customer service is so poor ( automated replies to e mails )
The experience has seriously put me off TBH I'd rather have paid full price rather than get pissed about this much !
" You've got to stand up for yourself.Sometimes it might backfire ,and you might get hurt ,but it won't hurt as much as letting people constantly taking away your self -worth with their words " Gregg Valentino
Gym-pig
Super Contributor

Postby kp1512 on Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:36 pm

that seems to be the norm - there are actually businesses that have had to close down due to the loss leading nature of the whole deal.
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Resurrected on Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:51 pm

Gym-pig wrote:I ordered a new memory foam mattress which I was told would be here is 21 days . Its now week 5 and the company concerned as hopeless . I suspect they have been overwhelmed by demand but the customer service is so poor ( automated replies to e mails )
The experience has seriously put me off TBH I'd rather have paid full price rather than get pissed about this much !

I looked at that very same mattress offer. You can get it just as competitively priced (possibly cheaper) elsewhere.

I never made a saving though as the missus went out and spent £700 on one :roll:
Thoughts determine what you want... Actions determine what you get!

Why are Chavs like slinkies? They have no real use but it's great to watch one fall down a flight of stairs.
Resurrected
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Gym-pig on Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:17 am

Yeah Res the saving looked like about £100 - £150 too me .

Whats businesses need to realise is that these offers damage their reputation .

The company Im dealing with might be good but on this offer have been very poor and I would never order from them again . Ive just googled and they are now getting negative posts on various forums

Anyone used the hotel offers ???
" You've got to stand up for yourself.Sometimes it might backfire ,and you might get hurt ,but it won't hurt as much as letting people constantly taking away your self -worth with their words " Gregg Valentino
Gym-pig
Super Contributor

Postby Alex on Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:04 pm

Quidco is where it's at. Not strictly the same sort of business but probably a safer bet.
'Behave like you are the best...and you'll have the best chance of being the best you can be.'

'Be effective: do what works...and keep doing it.'

'Bask in the turbulence of my magnificence.'
Alex
Ultimate Contributor

Return to Off Topic