FLU!!!

If you wish to ask Scott from Health4NI any questions or to check any information or updates then you're in the right place.

FLU!!!

Postby Gym-pig on Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:50 pm

H4N,

Ive had a bloody cold and cough for 4 weeks now and cant seem to get rid of it .
Any idea on what supplements may assist in shifting it ??

Ta

GP
" You've got to stand up for yourself.Sometimes it might backfire ,and you might get hurt ,but it won't hurt as much as letting people constantly taking away your self -worth with their words " Gregg Valentino
Gym-pig
Super Contributor

Re: FLU!!!

Postby health4ni on Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:02 pm

http://sodiumbicarbonate.imva.info/inde ... d-and-flu/ - bicarbonate salts

Fresh ginger in food and warm water (a la tea), fresh lemon on food and in tea. Garlic if you can stomach it.

The neti pot nasal rinse is great for getting rid of nasties that like to lurk in the nasal passages.

Saunas can help as they slightly increase body temp which can kill nasties in the body.

If you take vit c use natural stuff like acerola and camu powder.

Lots of water, pinch of him salts in it, lots of green veg and avoid foods that require lots of work by the body to process (meat, processed foods, dairy, alcohol, coffee etc); this diverts the body's resources and energy away from getting rid of nasties in the body and making you better.

No real supps to speak of (except bicarb salts) will shift it without a slight lifestyle change.

Hope that helps
Cluster Training
http://health4ni.com/ :: BSD Discount Code: BSD6505
health4ni
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Dtlv74 on Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:29 pm

Neti pot may sound crazy but it really does help.

NAC x3 per day is pretty good for shifting mucus off your chest, vit c and vit e together help I think if in high dose, and in theory high dose vit d3 should boost immunity, although not tried it.

Sliced fresh ginger root in boiling water as a tea is great for sore throats, and also seems to help symptoms of fever a bit - I use that a lot.
Dtlv74
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Gym-pig on Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:11 am

Thanks gents
" You've got to stand up for yourself.Sometimes it might backfire ,and you might get hurt ,but it won't hurt as much as letting people constantly taking away your self -worth with their words " Gregg Valentino
Gym-pig
Super Contributor

Postby Bison on Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:00 pm

Dtlv74 wrote:Neti pot may sound crazy but it really does help.

Neti pot is shit hot, very highly recommended from me!
..... and you're all set!
Bison
Ultimate Contributor

Return to Health4NI