Euro Disney

A place to discuss issues which dont fall into other areas and just basic banter and humour!

Euro Disney

Postby kp1512 on Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:41 pm

Anyone been to Euro Disney? Thinking of taking he kids there maybe end of July or beg July

Any experience or comments?
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Re: Euro Disney

Postby Rab on Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:55 pm

spoke to a family the other year at the bauvais airport ( we were going to Paris) and they thought it was superb for the kids
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby simon m on Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:25 pm

I haven't been, but friends have. It's a little expensive, but great fun, just make sure you stay in the park as you get extra hours and benefits
Have YOU kissed your guns today?!
simon m
Ultimate Contributor

Postby kp1512 on Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:49 pm

simon m wrote:I haven't been, but friends have. It's a little expensive, but great fun, just make sure you stay in the park as you get extra hours and benefits

yeh heard about that - we are looking at a deal which is for the disney hotel inside the park. Personally - want to do Orlando - but kids are still too young for them to be able to go on alot of the rides etc. So will see how this is.

Not a bad deal - got two deals so far £1400 for 4 of us inc everything for 4 nites and inc return tickets by train.
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Postby simon m on Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:05 pm

Sounds a little pricy, which hotel is that for, the main expensive one?
Have YOU kissed your guns today?!
simon m
Ultimate Contributor

Postby kp1512 on Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:52 pm

simon m wrote:Sounds a little pricy, which hotel is that for, the main expensive one?

not sure mate - its the disney hotel inside the resort?

other prices have been 1800 - 2000.

i thought it wasnt a bad price as it works out at 350 ish per person for 4 days with everything inc 2 meals - break and dinner...
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Postby cleaver on Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:57 pm

My sister got back today. Good time but covering 10 miles on foot each day. She got a decent half board deal but people from other euro countries were on full board for same price. Juice and the like is pricey, think airport prices.
Rilla wrote:Up the dose.
That's the only way you fucking junkies overcome adversity.

"I think it's all to do with influences from the Bollywood film industry," says Mr Patel.
Use code BSD10 to get 5% off your first order
cleaver
Ultimate Contributor

Postby kp1512 on Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:00 pm

cleaver wrote:My sister got back today. Good time but covering 10 miles on foot each day. She got a decent half board deal but people from other euro countries were on full board for same price. Juice and the like is pricey, think airport prices.

yeh heard that prices inside are majorily rip off - apparently you can take a cab 5 mins away at a local supermarket and thats where people who knows about it go.
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rilla on Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:27 pm

Not sure your kids would like the same as normal kids though. Aren't they used to playing with kites or something? Isn't that what they do around your parts? :lol:
Big Choppa wrote:Rab's face probably scares the bar up. Explains his Shit deadlift as well cause the wants to stay away from his deformed bonce.
Rilla
Ultimate Contributor

Postby kp1512 on Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:34 pm

Rilla wrote:Not sure your kids would like the same as normal kids though. Aren't they used to playing with kites or something? Isn't that what they do around your parts? :lol:

rilla- take piss out of me - im totally cool - and can laugh and will join in as i have a warped sense of humour - touch or talk about family and ill break you! and will be happy to pay the visit to do that...or will simply wait when you are here and give you a good public beating :)

hope we are clear :D
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rilla on Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:43 pm

As long as you don't give me your personal chocolate flavored manjuice in my whey. :)
Big Choppa wrote:Rab's face probably scares the bar up. Explains his Shit deadlift as well cause the wants to stay away from his deformed bonce.
Rilla
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Resurrected on Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:49 pm

Thoughts determine what you want... Actions determine what you get!

Why are Chavs like slinkies? They have no real use but it's great to watch one fall down a flight of stairs.
Resurrected
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Resurrected on Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:58 pm

Also try looking at budget flights to Charles de Gaul & then use the shuttle to get to the hotel at Disney & rather than booking a package book flight & Disney independently.

I've just done a very quick basic search & found return flights for average of £60.00 pp, then obviously you'd need to add on shuttle & Disney hotel.
Thoughts determine what you want... Actions determine what you get!

Why are Chavs like slinkies? They have no real use but it's great to watch one fall down a flight of stairs.
Resurrected
Ultimate Contributor

Postby julesm on Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:55 pm

going in september for bambas 3rd birthday

3 flights- 175quid
hotel- 280- 4nights- just outside of mouseville- free shuttlebus all day/night
julesm
Ultimate Contributor

Postby kp1512 on Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:44 am

Res - thanks for the few posts and suggestions - will defo look into that pass! As part of staying in the disney hotel I am told [by them] that we get an hour each side where it is just those from the hotel that can access the rides. But the pass looks a good one to get.

Jules - didnt want to bother with the shuttle thing - we wanted to be in the park as lugging kids here and there - especially mine with the kites - kind of gets annoying.
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Tartulho on Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:24 am

I went twice, one with the family. If going with the kids stay on the hotels inside the resort. I'll send you a message with the details.
All that I say is hypothetically speaking and I do not condone the use of illegal substances. You should also eat your vegetables and use high SPF sunscreen :roll:
Tartulho
Regular Contributor

Postby Tartulho on Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:53 pm

Heck, I'll just post it here:

My daughter turned 6 last April and my son turned 2 in January when I went there with them and they both enjoyed it. My daughter had loads of fun and tried more of the roller coaters and stuff (1.02m tall is the minimum in most of the coasters). Lots of fun also for the little ones (less than 1.02m tall). Be prepared to spend lots of EUR, the merchandising is brutal and with kids there's no way you can avoid it :D

Stay at one of the hotels closer to the parks and you can walk to to the park. Some years ago I stayed at the New York hotel (no kids back then, 10 min walk to the parks), this time we stayed at the Sequoia Lodge (15 min walk to the parks). The closer to the parks, the more expensive is the hotel :)

You can go with the stroller everywhere and people park/leave it close to the rides with no problems. If someone has to stay with the kids because they cannot ride (or are taking a nap, hence the stroller), you can ask for the baby switch. They'll give a special ticket and that way one of you waits in the line and go to the ride and the other waits at the exit. When it's over, you hand the baby switch ticket to the other person and she/he doesn't have to wait. You have to ask for it at every ride. Some rides also have a fast pass, that way you can book you entrance to those rides and don't have to wait in line.

If you want to take pictures with the most famous toons (Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Chip'n'Dale), book a dinner at the Cafe Mickey, Mickey and friends are always there and stop at your table and pose with you. Other toons are walking on the parks and at specific locations but you'll wait lots of time to take pictures with them.
All that I say is hypothetically speaking and I do not condone the use of illegal substances. You should also eat your vegetables and use high SPF sunscreen :roll:
Tartulho
Regular Contributor

Postby kp1512 on Sat May 07, 2011 12:50 pm

Ok - so we went week before last for 4 days!

Thoughts

- Excellent journey - straight from Kings Cross and arrive dead in the centre of Eurodisney
- Prepare to be ripped off to HELL and Back - everything is extortion!!
- Stay in a hotel close to the park or the ones in the Village
- Expect alot of walking - and I mean ALOT
- Food choices are very bad - all junk - in fact 90% junk
- if you havent done full or half board you will be screwed in terms of food! As its around 20-30 euro a person for the evening meals
- Rides - not bad - a number obv for Kids and a few of them for adults are okish
- Customer service in a lot of the stores was pretty bad

Was it worth it in terms of cost? No. Was it worth it in terms of the smiles on the kids face and there amazement - YES - on that basis alone its worth taking the wee ones hands down.
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Postby julesm on Sat May 07, 2011 1:03 pm

i am going in september
staying just outside with a shuttle bus every 10 mins
my littl'un will be 3 and necessitating sleeps still- so though best to stay out of- plus it was a good deal i think

unsure what board basis, but defo going to the l'auberge de cendrillon for her birthday- princesses and booze
julesm
Ultimate Contributor

Postby kp1512 on Sat May 07, 2011 1:41 pm

julesm wrote:i am going in september
staying just outside with a shuttle bus every 10 mins
my littl'un will be 3 and necessitating sleeps still- so though best to stay out of- plus it was a good deal i think

unsure what board basis, but defo going to the l'auberge de cendrillon for her birthday- princesses and booze

youll regret staying that far mate - trust me!
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Postby julesm on Sat May 07, 2011 2:06 pm

i know someone who has been, she says it is alrite and she dont stay at grim places- so i am sure she has got my back on this one

looking forward to going just to see the baby's head fall off when she sees the mouse house (as she calls it)
julesm
Ultimate Contributor

Postby kp1512 on Sat May 07, 2011 2:07 pm

julesm wrote:i know someone who has been, she says it is alrite and she dont stay at grim places- so i am sure she has got my back on this one

looking forward to going just to see the baby's head fall off when she sees the mouse house (as she calls it)

i think you should take your own choppa!
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Postby julesm on Sat May 07, 2011 2:32 pm

i am not averse to walking like you
dont forget i have just had a 4mth period of rediscovering what my feet were for

and i will walk 10 miles if necessary if i can get something a euro cheaper :-)
julesm
Ultimate Contributor

Postby kp1512 on Sat May 07, 2011 2:36 pm

flaming scouse!!!
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Return to Off Topic