D Aspartic Acid

Forum to discuss supplements and get general advice.

D Aspartic Acid

Postby Dtlv74 on Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:29 pm

There's been a big fuss about this in a few places about it's ability to raise tesosterone. Does anyone have any views on it or experience of using it?

http://www.rbej.com/content/7/1/120
Dtlv74
Ultimate Contributor

Re: D Aspartic Acid

Postby Flash Sketcha on Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:55 pm

I've also seen this mentioned for a while now but don't really know anyone who has used it? Looks a bit too good to be true, keep thinking there has to be a catch..
Use discount code BSD25 to recieve 5 percent off your order
Flash Sketcha
Super Contributor

Postby julesm on Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:42 am

usually price
usually bioavailability
julesm
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rab on Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:59 pm

test and deca

end of thread
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Dtlv74 on Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:28 am

rab you dirty roider... is not an 'alpha male' juicing forum over here you know :lol:
Dtlv74
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Dtlv74 on Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:13 pm

Ok, have been taking this for twelve days now and thought I'd do a little report.

What I've been approximately trying to do is as closely as possible replicate the study that showed the 40% free test increase over twelve days. The product they actually used was Na D Aspartic Acid dissolved in a drink, amounting to a single 3.2g daily dose. Not quite the same as DAA caps. The supplement also contained some b vits (b6, b9 and b12), so I've been taking b vit complex tab at the same time as 3g of BSD's DAA as my supp's with breakfast.

The supp in the trial was actually designed to increase semen volume in serpatogenisis impaired men, although the test subjects were considered healthy in this respect, and had nothing to do with bodybuilders. The trial only lasted 12 days because previous studies using DAA in rats showed significant HDl cholestrol reduction after twelve days and also signs of some mild renal distress and toxicity after this time.

Anyway, not really noticed anything in terms of improved performance, and was beginning to write this thing off, but for the last two days have begun to feel what maybe the signs of a mild bump in test - could be coincidence and down to other things but seem to be a little more tight and muscular, and feel pretty strong and pumped up.

Nothing magic happening with strength increases, and no sudden surge in bodymass, but 40% extra test above baseline i don't think is quite as radical as suggested in some places - it's nowhere near AAS or even prohormone levels.

I guess if took twelve days to elevate test then maybe any difference will show in how I respond to it from the workouts I do now, so will report back over the next few days.

Am tempted to carry on with the DAA for another week to see if carrying on longer than the original trial appears to have a greater effect. Should also tell me if my feeling good and muscular over the last few days is related to the supp or just a lucky good few days.

Verdict so far - too soon to tell, but definitely nothing miraculous.
Dtlv74
Ultimate Contributor

Return to Supplements