New Routine

Want to keep an online log of your training? Here is the place

New Routine

Postby mak26 on Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:25 pm

Hi
I am always reading on here but very rarely post as there are far more people alot wiser and knowledgable but thought I would stick my new routine up for advice
I have been training very differently of late due to new gym , lots of outdoor circuits , TRX work , hardcore circuits ( tyre flipping , rope work etc ), kettlebells and beginning to enjoy some olympic lifts . I definately feel stronger core wise and notice no losses size wise and feel alot leaner
After a great session on Wednesday of Kettlebell tabatas followed by Turkish get ups followed by a crossfit 1/2 Cindy for 10 mins solid I have decided to revamp my training and start the following routine for 8 weeks

Day 1
Cleans 5,5,3,3,1,1,1
Front Squat 4x6
Fat Boy Rows ( weight on chest or Feet on Box ) 4x6
Overhead Press 4x6

Day 2
Snatch 5,5,3,3,1,1,1
Back Squat 5X5
Bench Press 5x5
Chins 4x6 ( moving on to weighted vest )

Day3
Split Jerk 5,5,3,3,3
Barbell Lunge 4x6
Pull Ups 4x6 ( moving on to weighted vest )
D-Bell Incline 4x6

Any opinions advice greatfully accepted and it will kill me not doing loads more for chest and arms so maybe sneak the odd set of curls or flies , although I intend to keep up the circuits / bells straps maybe 2-3 times a week so that may be more than enough

Aims are to get stronger , be able to do lots more chins , enjoy a new style of training and improve shoulder and chest size ( not much eh ! )

Cheers

Mark
mak26
Becoming-Regular

Re: New Routine

Postby kp1512 on Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:39 pm

mark - never think you are any the less wiser mate - we all learn from everyone regardless of what it may be.
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Coop_de_Ville on Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:47 pm

Looks good pal

Something I have really learned over the last few months is to keep the olympic lifts quality, I used to always push further and further to see what I could lift but would end up lifting with bad form for these lifts, by just cutting off when you feel technique failing and then working at a slightly lower % you can really train the correct technique and get more out of it in terms of power and explosivity, which is what these lifts are for.
You might be doing this already but just thought i would say anyway...
C_D_V
Coop_de_Ville
Super Contributor

Postby mak26 on Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:45 pm

KP thanks for that and Coop you are right , think I am going to have to leave my ego at the gym door and get the form and technique right .

Can't wait to get started but might just have 2 weeks of getting form , technique and tweeking weights so I can start at the right level . In the past I have started routines too heavy and then just levelled out quite quickly and lost the momentum and any long term gains

Mark
mak26
Becoming-Regular

Return to Training Journals