Amino Choices

Forum to discuss supplements and get general advice.

Amino Choices

Postby Alex on Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:07 pm

Which would be the preference upon waking and around workout period?

BCAA 4:1:1
    EAA as is
    BCAA 4:1:1 and EAA even split
'Behave like you are the best...and you'll have the best chance of being the best you can be.'

'Be effective: do what works...and keep doing it.'

'Bask in the turbulence of my magnificence.'
Alex
Ultimate Contributor

Re: Amino Choices

Postby cleaver on Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:49 pm

Eaa and 211 bcaa equal
Rilla wrote:Up the dose.
That's the only way you fucking junkies overcome adversity.

"I think it's all to do with influences from the Bollywood film industry," says Mr Patel.
Use code BSD10 to get 5% off your first order
cleaver
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Alex on Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:06 pm

Don't think the extra leucine is worth it or counter productive with inclusion of EAAs?
'Behave like you are the best...and you'll have the best chance of being the best you can be.'

'Be effective: do what works...and keep doing it.'

'Bask in the turbulence of my magnificence.'
Alex
Ultimate Contributor

Postby cleaver on Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:31 pm

The weakness of eaa is the low isoleucine. Adding 411 bcaa still means that its still limiting. Leucine :D is great but without enough of the other 2 the effect flatlines. I'm sure dtet can explain it better.
Rilla wrote:Up the dose.
That's the only way you fucking junkies overcome adversity.

"I think it's all to do with influences from the Bollywood film industry," says Mr Patel.
Use code BSD10 to get 5% off your first order
cleaver
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Dtlv74 on Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:34 pm

My take on BCAAs and them being either 2.1.1 or 4.1.1. is this -

BCAAs in muscle tissue are apparently at a 2.1.1 ratio, so when adding new mass this ratio is perfect.

When muscle is oxidised during exercise however, leucine is oxidised more readily than Isoleucine and Valine - am not sure the ratio but Poliquin thinks it's closer to the 4.1.1 ratio.

So, BCAAs for 4.1.1 make a better workout supplement, 2.1.1 a better choice for adding to meals to raise general BCAA levels by that theory.

When mixing EAAs and BCAAs though it's less clear, and am not sure I have an idea for what is a 'perfect' protocol. I prefer using EAAs to whey, and very much like the studies by Tipton that show maximum PS (for a natty) can be achieved with 10-15g EAAs around the workout (equivalent to around 40g whey).

For EAAs alone, provided they are the standard formulation (representing the essential amino acid proportions of eggs or whey), am not really sure that adding BCAAs is necessary... although it is something I often do if I have both, because in some vague kind of way I feel like this gives me better results. This is probably entirely expectation and placebo though if I'm honest.

My fav workout protocol is:

EAAs 10-15g
BCAA (4.1.1) 5g
Glutamine 5g
Creatine 5g
possibly add some AAKG or BA

Taken during and pre.
Dtlv74
Ultimate Contributor

Postby julesm on Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:32 am

there is some product out which is an 8:1:1 ratio (usplabs)

interesting to see the new nitrate forms and what they can bring to the table, how much more efficacious they will be over bulk powders.
julesm
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Craig on Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:01 am

julesm wrote:there is some product out which is an 8:1:1 ratio (usplabs)

interesting to see the new nitrate forms and what they can bring to the table, how much more efficacious they will be over bulk powders.

can probably get that stuff at a resonable price, its the postage that kills it. But if you had a few things it may workout.
Craig
Ultimate Contributor

Postby julesm on Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:57 pm

Craig wrote:
julesm wrote:there is some product out which is an 8:1:1 ratio (usplabs)

can probably get that stuff at a resonable price, its the postage that kills it. But if you had a few things it may workout.

are you looking to import and add to your shop's stock?
could be worth contacting nutricology-and making yourself uk's preferred distributor

i have been looking to get some pregnenolone- it can be had over here, but it is the source naturals stuff, the nutricology is in a mlm format
preg is the future!!!
i know all you dudes are shit scared of cortisol, but you need to look after it, and by feeding it production line substrates- your t metabolism will be much happier, as will your moods
julesm
Ultimate Contributor

Return to Supplements