Milk

Whether you are anti-fat, pro-fat, pro-carb, or simply want to ask a diet based question, here is the place!

Re: Milk

Postby health4ni on Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:19 pm

There's too many negatives of animal's milk to outweigh the positives imo.
Cluster Training
http://health4ni.com/ :: BSD Discount Code: BSD6505
health4ni
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Pain on Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:29 pm

health4ni wrote:There's too many negatives of animal's milk to outweigh the positives imo.

What are the negatives ?

I notice that you say animal milk, it's interesting because many people have tried attributing negatives to cows milk only, or certain breeds of cow (a1 and a2 protein comes to mind)
Do you feel that drinking of all milk is negative, if so for what reasons? or are there specific elements (immunological etc) of certain types of milk, it certainly isn't unhealthy for a child to drink human milk if so what differs with adulthood and consumption of other animal milks?
Pain
Becoming-Regular

Postby health4ni on Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:43 pm

A human baby drinking milk from it's human mother is very different from the same baby drinking milk from a cow or goat etc. Animal milk is intended for it's own species not a different species.

http://nutriliteforlife.blogspot.com/20 ... -milk.html - this pretty much sums up the negatives of milk. No point in me just copying and pasting it.
Cluster Training
health4ni
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Karlos on Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:30 pm

I recently realized that milk has been contributing to my allergies! For that reason alone I stopped drinking it and within a few days my allergies have almost disappeared!
Use discount code BSD16 for 5% off your first order
Karlos
Ultimate Contributor

Postby health4ni on Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:32 pm

Karlos wrote:I recently realized that milk has been contributing to my allergies! For that reason alone I stopped drinking it and within a few days my allergies have almost disappeared!
we have a winner :mrgreen:
Cluster Training
health4ni
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Spit on Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:55 pm

Drinking milk is like doing behind-the-neck presses; both are a means to an end if you're in peak physical health, but if you've got any issues them give them a miss, there are plenty of alternatives.

N.B. If doing behind-the-neck presses gives you a runny nose then I'm afraid I can't help you.
Spit
Dedicated Member

Postby health4ni on Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:01 pm

afaik we all have allergies. It's just many of us do not exhibit any of the symptoms. Our body copes with it better than others. I feel that milk consumption over many years will make some allergies worsen.

There's still far worse to drink/eat. But I really don't think milk is as good as it's made out to be.
Cluster Training
health4ni
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Alex on Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:40 pm

Forget milk, dairy = bad ;)
'Behave like you are the best...and you'll have the best chance of being the best you can be.'

'Be effective: do what works...and keep doing it.'

'Bask in the turbulence of my magnificence.'
Alex
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Karlos on Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:43 pm

Im still going to be eating a small amount cottage cheese and hard cheeses. Do these exhibit the same bad effects? As far as i'm aware milk is the main baddy.
Karlos
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Alex on Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:07 pm

I'll still eat cheese as well as I enjoy it but I guess in quantity the overall effects will be similar. It's also good to remember that whey is dairy which really we all know but it's easy to forget so I'm sticking more to Concentrate/Isolate mixes only.
'Behave like you are the best...and you'll have the best chance of being the best you can be.'

Alex
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Karlos on Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:34 pm

Truuuue dat. Imo a lot of potential benefits to hard cheeses/whey/mpc outweigh the negatives. Milk is also the only really insulinogenic one which is another reason for avoiding it.

From experience milk is the only one which bloats me and aggravates my allergies.
Karlos
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Alex on Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:37 pm

Same for me with regards to milk and allergies.

Cottage Cheese is also fairly insulinogenic which is why I tend to avoid it now pre bed.

Alex
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Dtlv74 on Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:55 pm

health4ni wrote:http://nutriliteforlife.blogspot.com/2007/05/whats-wrong-with-milk.html - this pretty much sums up the negatives of milk. No point in me just copying and pasting it.

Nice coincidence - the author of that blog post, Prof Jeff Holly, was a friend and collegue of my late aunt at Bristol Uni. I think I've met him, lol. He is an endocrinologist not a dietician though for what it's worth.
Dtlv74
Ultimate Contributor

Postby health4ni on Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:52 pm

Small world! He took that info from Patrick Holford though.
Cluster Training
health4ni
Ultimate Contributor

Postby health4ni on Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:26 am

Cluster Training
health4ni
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Aren on Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:15 am

Interesting. Well, my 2p worth is that if I have "allergies" that are "unexhibited", they must be so unbelievably mild as to be practically non-existant.

I've always drunk about 1 pint of whole milk, practically every day, for literally the last 20 years, if not longer. I get no bloating, no issues, and in fact I've always felt it highly beneficial to my diet. I also have no skin conditions, no allergies or reactions to any food (that I'm aware of).

All that being said, I obviously don't endorse those individuals who take it to excess and drink stupid amounts (such a 4 pints a day) on their "bulking" diets.

And meanwhile, I don't know how anyone can drink those "milk" alternatives, they all taste unbelievably horrific to me...! Each to their own, I guess!
Aren
Regular Contributor

Postby Will on Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:59 pm

Ditto Aren. :)
Will
Super Contributor

Postby RoB on Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:14 pm

It all depends on the state of your gut health IMO. If you've got a healthy gut, don't consume problem grains and other irritants and you can easily digest lactose, then there is absolutely no reason not to consume dairy products in moderate amounts. When you've got extremely poor gut health, your gut is so permeable that almost everything can become allergenic. Some of the paleo guys like Robb wolff and Coredain are pretty hot on this stuff, although they are bit fanatical about it.
RoB
Regular Contributor

Previous

Return to Diet and Nutrition