Knee wraps

The place to discuss powerlifting and powerbuilding based training!

Knee wraps

Postby Gym-pig on Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:54 pm

I have a minor injury to my knee .

Will wraps help to prevent injury or as Dorian Yates says do they cause more problems by compressing the joint ?

I need to get squatting and am constantly being held back by little niggles - just age I guess

Advice appreciated - and also recommendations if relevant
" You've got to stand up for yourself.Sometimes it might backfire ,and you might get hurt ,but it won't hurt as much as letting people constantly taking away your self -worth with their words " Gregg Valentino
Gym-pig
Super Contributor

Re: Knee wraps

Postby Rab on Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:46 pm

Tricky one mate. Id say no while you have an injury as its only masking it and not letting it heal or maybe doing more damage

Once you are better though try again an maybe dich the squats for leg press if its causing issue as your a tall dude with sparrow short legs and mechanics my be n issuefor squat form...where as you can play about with foot position on a leg press to make it suit

Tryt he wraps though. I use them for the heavy sets but most sets without to not become reliant
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Re: Knee wraps

Postby Rab on Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:48 pm

Maybe a set of knee sleeves might be enough. little bit of support, keep some good heat in the joints but not compression like wraps

http://www.strengthshop.co.uk/index.php ... eeves.html
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Return to Powerlifting