Whey plus anabolic clothing improves LBM and strength

Your place to post about exercise technique and research

Whey plus anabolic clothing improves LBM and strength

Postby Dtlv74 on Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:44 pm

Study that says what we've been aware of for a while now...

Whey Plus Anabolic Clothing Improves LBM, Strength and Muscle Torque in Resistance Trained males

University of Sports Science Awesomeness, Daedalus Crater, Dark side of the Moon.

B. Rilliant, I. Ncredible, S. Uperb, F. Antastic, B U Ttotally, M adeup.

Abstract

Our purpose was to assess muscular adaptations during 8 weeks of resistance training in 44 males randomly assigned to supplementation with whey protein (W; 1.2 g/kg/day), whey protein and anabolic clothing (WAnC; 1.2 g/kg/day, blue bandanna, trunks or t-shirt), or placebo (P; 1.2 g/kg/day maltodextrin). Measures included lean tissue mass by dual energy x-ray absorptiometry, bench press and squat strength (1-repetition maximum), and knee extension/flexion peak torque. Lean tissue mass increased to a much greater extent with training in WAnC compared to the other groups (W; 4.1kg, WAnc; 63.2kg, P; 1.3kg). Bench press strength increased to a greater extent for WAnC compared to W and P (W; 10.4kg, WAnc; 122kg, P; 4.3kg). Knee extension peak torque increased with training for WAnC and W (p < .05), but not for P. All other measures increased to a similar extent across groups. Continued training without supplementation or use of anabolic clothing for an additional 8 weeks resulted in maintenance of strength and lean tissue mass in all groups.

The authors declare no competing or vested interests or associations with whey protein or clothing manufacturers
Dtlv74
Ultimate Contributor

Re: Whey plus anabolic clothing improves LBM and strength

Postby Will on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:03 pm

Interesting study. Having been directly part of that study myself I can say that the results were dramatic and evident, as well and quantifiable, certainly based on personal relfection as well as hard facts. I was never told how the control group faired, but I'm sure that without the assistance of whey and anabolic clothing their results would be further behind.

Hopefully this will open people's eyes to anabolic clothing efficiency. What's great is once the clothing is removed, the effects are still active!!! I just thought I'd add that to reinforce the study. Whilst I haven't got to 8 weeks, I am certain that the effects are still directly affecting me adn my training.
Will
Super Contributor

Postby Pingu on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:20 pm

PMSL!!!!! :lol: Det you are a genius.
Life is too short for boring socks
Pingu
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Tartulho on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:58 pm

:D Very good indeed.
All that I say is hypothetically speaking and I do not condone the use of illegal substances. You should also eat your vegetables and use high SPF sunscreen :roll:
Tartulho
Regular Contributor

Postby Ader on Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:09 pm

Time to start a new company "The Anabolic Clothing Company Ltd" - Plus anyone with spare cash should seriously consider investing in companies that manufacture blue dye. :mrgreen:
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Dtlv74 on Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:33 pm

Glad you guys found that useful. I knew that Will, as well as several of the other ESNers, have been extensively involved in several other studies on anabolic clothing too.

Apparently there's an exciting study coming out soon on the effects of colour on other factors, especially hormones.

It suggests you can jab test in your arse cheeks all day long but if you wear the right shade of blue pants you won't ever shut down and your balls will even grow larger... the pants can't be taken off or washed though for the effect to continue.
Dtlv74
Ultimate Contributor

Postby simon m on Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:34 pm

I'm wearing a blue Arab Strap and that explained why I'm so much stronger than last week.
Have YOU kissed your guns today?!
simon m
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Dtlv74 on Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:27 pm

simon m wrote:I'm wearing a blue Arab Strap and that explained why I'm so much stronger than last week.

What more proof is needed than this? With all the evidence there's no way anyone could doubt.
Dtlv74
Ultimate Contributor

Return to Exercise Kinesiology and Research