AAS and arthritis

This forum has been provided for Information Purposes ONLY. The idea is to share,learn and educate on this area and not, in anyway, to promote or condone the use of any performance enhancing substances. ESN believe that by not having such a forum would merely be ignoring a very important yet controversial subject within the Sports and Fitness arena today.

AAS and arthritis

Postby Dtlv74 on Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:26 am

Anyone have any knowledge of the effect of various AAS, GH and TRT on arthritis (both rheumatoid and osteo)?

I know corticosteroids are sometimes used to help with reducing the inflammation and overactive immune response in rheumatoid arthritis, but am curious about the appropriateness/efficacy/safety etc of performance enhancing steroids (and GH) which are of course very different to corticosteroids.

Have read conflicting things in different places - some suggestions that AAS and GH will wreck the joints further, other suggestions that the condition of collagen can be improved.

Haven't spent a huge amount of time searching yet but so far have not found any solid research.

Any help appreciated :) .
Dtlv74
Ultimate Contributor

Re: AAS and arthritis

Postby Rab on Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:41 am

From what i understand, some AAS can help woth bone density and ligament/tendons.

Deca, Boldenone aka equibol are two that re ment to be good int hat department and there seems to be some evidence to suggest so

How high the risk to benifit ratio is i dunno!

From people i know (ahem) that have had some shoulder issues and have used deca...they have cleared up and even continued to remain in better condition after the course was finished despite continuing to push more weight than before. Very anecodtal but it has been noticed by a lot of people from what i hear and read so i think there is something in it
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby simon m on Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:39 pm

Deca is the one from what I hear.
Have YOU kissed your guns today?!
simon m
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Dtlv74 on Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:47 pm

Thanks fellas. The problem with researching this is that as steroid use is considered taboo, there are very few studies to look at.

Doesn't deca shut you down if not also taking test? What would be considered a sensible and practical low dose long duration course (or is that not the way to use deca)?
Dtlv74
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Tartulho on Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:52 pm

The ones known to do so are (arguably from best to worst):

• HGH
  • IGF-1
  • Boldenone undecylenate (Equipoise)
  • Nandrolone decanoate (Deca)
  • Methenolone acetate (Primobolan)
  • Oxandrolone (Anavar)
  • Stanozolol (Winstrol)

Trenbolone will increase IGF-1 and is a relative of Nandrolone, so it may also be of some help. Winstrol does increase but the result is not the expected (apparently it makes tendons bigger but also more fragile) and is not a good option.

Anavar was studied with a maximum dose of 20mg/ED, Deca at 3mg/kg/week, Bold 3mg/kg/week, Primo at 5mg/kg/week.

Some AAS also increase the sinovial fluid and others have opioid like effects which contribute to lower pain on the joints.
All that I say is hypothetically speaking and I do not condone the use of illegal substances. You should also eat your vegetables and use high SPF sunscreen :roll:
Tartulho
Regular Contributor

Return to The Dark Side