Change

If you wish to ask Scott from Health4NI any questions or to check any information or updates then you're in the right place.

Change

Postby health4ni on Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:17 am

http://www.thestateoffitness.com/industry/change/

Took me a while to realise that change is necessary and also positive. It's made me a much better trainer.
Cluster Training
http://health4ni.com/ :: BSD Discount Code: BSD6505
User avatar
health4ni
Ultimate Contributor
 
Posts: 5532
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:58 am
Location: Belfast, UK

Re: Change

Postby kp1512 on Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:17 am

health4ni wrote:http://www.thestateoffitness.com/industry/change/

Took me a while to realise that change is necessary and also positive. It's made me a much better trainer.


:D

as i said when you was less open last year - change is a big word and we hate it - and sometimes dont see the benefits as we get used to so much based on a somewhat questionable beleif mechanism
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor
 
Posts: 10517
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:26 am
Location: London \ Manchester - UK

Re: Change

Postby health4ni on Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:33 am

^^ Indeed.

Flipping the coin for a minute though, and you'll realise that we are all in the same ball-park with what we do and believe in regards to physical training. I mean, we lift weights in a training facility and most of us get stronger & bigger. Some manage to achieve this safer, faster and more effectively than others (naturally speaking). I guess for me it's trying to establish the safest, fastest and most effective way to achieve the goal of my clients and indeed myself.
Cluster Training
http://health4ni.com/ :: BSD Discount Code: BSD6505
User avatar
health4ni
Ultimate Contributor
 
Posts: 5532
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:58 am
Location: Belfast, UK

Re: Change

Postby kp1512 on Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:38 am

health4ni wrote:^^ Indeed.

Flipping the coin for a minute though, and you'll realise that we are all in the same ball-park with what we do and believe in regards to physical training. I mean, we lift weights in a training facility and most of us get stronger & bigger. Some manage to achieve this safer, faster and more effectively than others (naturally speaking). I guess for me it's trying to establish the safest, fastest and most effective way to achieve the goal of my clients and indeed myself.


Yep I agree - but wider Change as in in life in general - its shocking how much resistance there is

This last week Ive had soo many digs at me at work around people making comments on my contracting capacity - yet none of them want to change their own lifes to maybe earn more, have a better standard of life, etc etc etc. We love pointing fingers at others, be it banker bonuses etc - but we never want to pull our fingers out ourselves and make our lives better - be that better job, more money, more enjoyment from job, etc etc. It doesnt have to be financially driven - but this was an example within the current economic climate. And sadly its a inherent British thing.

Hate on others who have a "better" [i know thats percieved] life - but dont actually lead beyond your authority via other mechanisms in your life. [general comment]
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor
 
Posts: 10517
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:26 am
Location: London \ Manchester - UK

Re: Change

Postby simon m on Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:47 am

Continuity gives us roots; change gives us branches, letting us stretch and grow and reach new heights. ~Pauline R. Kezer
Have YOU kissed your guns today?!
User avatar
simon m
Ultimate Contributor
 
Posts: 8720
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:08 pm
Location: London

Re: Change

Postby Alex on Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:15 pm

I'm not convinced by using the word change as it to me it depicts an involuntary or forced reaction to a set of circumstances.

If change has to be use then I would sum it up as:

Learning + Adapting = Change
'Behave like you are the best...and you'll have the best chance of being the best you can be.'

'Be effective: do what works...and keep doing it.'

'Bask in the turbulence of my magnificence.'
User avatar
Alex
Ultimate Contributor
 
Posts: 10604
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:05 am

Re: Change

Postby kp1512 on Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:21 pm

Alex wrote:I'm not convinced by using the word change as it to me it depicts an involuntary or forced reaction to a set of circumstances.

If change has to be use then I would sum it up as:

Learning + Adapting = Change


Alex - that is the issue - thats what people fear. It doesnt have to be that.
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor
 
Posts: 10517
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:26 am
Location: London \ Manchester - UK

Re: Change

Postby Alex on Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:31 pm

I know but my issue is that "change" isn't a precursor. Leaning and adapting are the precursor that results in "change" so it's not an action in it's own right.

Changing for the sake of it isn't a positive action as there's no real precursor involved.
'Behave like you are the best...and you'll have the best chance of being the best you can be.'

'Be effective: do what works...and keep doing it.'

'Bask in the turbulence of my magnificence.'
User avatar
Alex
Ultimate Contributor
 
Posts: 10604
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:05 am


Return to Health4NI

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexa [Bot], Google [Bot] and 23 guests

cron