Magnesium

Forum to discuss supplements and get general advice.

Re: Magnesium

Postby Richard on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:58 am

I get this one
http://purebulk.com/magnesium-citrate
I take 2-3g a day & never had a problem with it having a laxative effect - I think that only happens if you have absorbtion issues or take massive doses.
Richard
Ultimate Contributor

Postby health4ni on Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:32 am

Magnesium laxative effects are most prevalent from the oxide form. And whilst the oxide form is one of the poorest absorbed forms, it is the best for digestive health. It helps clean the large & small intestine by breaking down the impacted faecal matter from animal protein and other stuff.

So, I'd use mag citrate (or some other chelate form) or perhaps even orotate, and then oxide for digestive health.
Cluster Training
http://health4ni.com/ :: BSD Discount Code: BSD6505
health4ni
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Alex on Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:59 am

Using citrate myself at the moment although only at 1g daily but then I'm eating alot of fresh spinach daily to bump it up a little more. Zinc I'm up to 60mg daily split over the first 2 meals.
'Behave like you are the best...and you'll have the best chance of being the best you can be.'

'Be effective: do what works...and keep doing it.'

'Bask in the turbulence of my magnificence.'
Alex
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Craig on Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:48 am

health4ni wrote:Magnesium laxative effects are most prevalent from the oxide form. And whilst the oxide form is one of the poorest absorbed forms, it is the best for digestive health. It helps clean the large & small intestine by breaking down the impacted faecal matter from animal protein and other stuff.

So, I'd use mag citrate (or some other chelate form) or perhaps even orotate, and then oxide for digestive health.

I thought you needed ozonated magnesium oxide for cleaning along with other oxides
Craig
Ultimate Contributor

Postby health4ni on Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:03 pm

^^ yeah that helps, but is not necessary.

Neck 1-5g of mag oxide and you'll visit the loo soon enough ;)
Cluster Training
http://health4ni.com/ :: BSD Discount Code: BSD6505
health4ni
Ultimate Contributor

Postby RoB on Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:23 am

You can clear your whole system on a bout 15-20g of mag citrate, it's what they use to prep patients for bowel surgery's. I've heard of people using it pre-power lifting comp to make weight.
RoB
Regular Contributor

Previous

Return to Supplements