Trampettes

Whether its the treadmill, HIIT, Plyometrics, skipping or sled pulling....ask\put it here!

Trampettes

Postby Alex on Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Wonder if anyone has used these as a recovery aid during a circuit based workout?
'Behave like you are the best...and you'll have the best chance of being the best you can be.'

'Be effective: do what works...and keep doing it.'

'Bask in the turbulence of my magnificence.'
Alex
Ultimate Contributor

Re: Trampettes

Postby health4ni on Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:50 am

They're more known as Rebounders.

Not used one, but meant to be very good. For our purposes on ESN they're great for recovery. For people just starting to get fit (obese etc) they're great for them too. You can do some tough stuff on them.
Cluster Training
http://health4ni.com/ :: BSD Discount Code: BSD6505
health4ni
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Alex on Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:57 am

Fancy getting one and pretty cheap.

Was going to ask you about mats, specifically Crash Mats that you can jog on the spot with or do 2 footed jumps across onto. These must be specific and maybe not quite as soft as a traditional Crash Mat and definately light enough to flip over quickly. Some I've seen are circular as well as rectangular. Wondered if you've come across such things?
'Behave like you are the best...and you'll have the best chance of being the best you can be.'

Alex
Ultimate Contributor

Postby kp1512 on Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:59 am

i thought they were a bunch of poor ladies standing around.
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Postby health4ni on Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:03 am

^^ lol true. But if you haven't been on a trampoline recently, then you have no idea just how pumped you'll legs get. Great for recovering after a legs day. My nephew and nieces have one (a large outdoor kids one) and damn it's hard! So yeah, I think they have they're place. I personally would rather use a prowler/sled for one or two sets to get blood pumping into my sore muscles though.

@Alex: soz mate I've not had any experience with those type of things. Keep us informed if you find out about them though. I'll ask complete gyms and see what they say.
Cluster Training
http://health4ni.com/ :: BSD Discount Code: BSD6505
health4ni
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Alex on Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:06 am

kp1512 wrote:i thought they were a bunch of poor ladies standing around.

Alex
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Alex on Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:08 am

health4ni wrote:^^ lol true. But if you haven't been on a trampoline recently, then you have no idea just how pumped you'll legs get. Great for recovering after a legs day. My nephew and nieces have one (a large outdoor kids one) and damn it's hard! So yeah, I think they have they're place. I personally would rather use a prowler/sled for one or two sets to get blood pumping into my sore muscles though.

@Alex: soz mate I've not had any experience with those type of things. Keep us informed if you find out about them though. I'll ask complete gyms and see what they say.

I quite like the application of using them between sets if you're circuit training as a 10 sec recovery period.

I've had an initial look online and so far just found tradtional Crash Mats so I'm guessing these may have a more specific name.

Alex
Ultimate Contributor

Return to Cardiovascular Fitness