NO2?

Forum to discuss supplements and get general advice.

NO2?

Postby Oggy on Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:54 pm

Does anyone rate these products much?
Oggy
Becoming-Regular

Re: NO2?

Postby kp1512 on Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:03 pm

there ok - and can help in getting blood flow - and so Id say they are probably more effective the bigger you are as the larger the blood flow the better to lactic clearance and refreshing of blood in the area
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Dtlv74 on Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:25 pm

I haven't taken any of the branded N02 blends but have taken AAKG on it's own and found it good with medium volume/short rest between sets type training. In combo with a few pre-workout carbs it (in theory) helps hypertorphy -

N02 booster = increased insulin + increased vasodliation = more pump = greater local blood pooling = increased nutrient delivery = sacroplasmic hypertrophy + increased PS stimulation + increased lactic acid + more plasma pyruvate = increased hGH output + greater fat burning (both from the increased hGH and pyruvate).

That's the theory anyway!

Secondary benefit from greater pump is slight cushioning to the joints and injury protection.
Dtlv74
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Oggy on Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:47 pm

You know your stuff Dtlv74!

I went halves with my gym partner on plasmajet by gaspari nutrition, seems like pretty good stuff. Takes 2 hours to fully kick in and the pumps were huge! My gym buddy said it looked like I was taking steroids, not the look I'm going for but I do like the pump. I have a large amout of oats 1 hour before taking it then workout 2 hours later on workout days and 3 grams of L-Arginine on non workout days. First dose was 30 mins pre workout and never noticed anything.

What do you guys think of the ingredients? A bit OTT?

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value

Total Calories 15

- Calories From Fat 0

Total Fat 0g 0%*
Total Carbohydrates 1.2g 0.4%*
Total Protein 2.5g 5%*

Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) 1600mg 2,667%*

Gaspari Proprietary Vaso Expansion Sustained Release And Nitro Production Formula: 3,402mg †
Arginine Blend (Arginine Dichloride, Calcium Arginine Chelate), Epimedium Extract (Standardized For 50% Lcariin), Gynostemma Pentaphyllum Extract (Standardized For 95% Gypenosides), Salvia Miltiorrhiza Extract (Standardized For 35% Cryptoanshinone), Nicotinamide Adenosine Dinucleotide Hydride (NADH).

Gaspari Proprietary Hypertrophic Vaso Expansion Support Formula: 466mg †
Peak ATP® Adenosine-5-Triphosphate Disodium Salt, Inositol Hexanicotinate, R-Alpha Lipoic Acid, Red Wine Extract (Standardized For 90% Polyphenols).

Gaspari Proprietary Immediate Release Enhancement Formula: 3510mg †
Glycerol, Rhodiola Rosea Root Extract (Standardized For 5% Rosavins), Theobromide.

Seems a bit cheesy this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exgcOJ36 ... r_embedded
Oggy
Becoming-Regular

Postby kp1512 on Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:06 pm

with any supplement that has alot - it generaly means its less effective and there is seldom synergies that are worth the price.
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Oggy on Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:12 pm

So better just sticking with L-Arginine then? Like any amino acid do they not need certain co-factors to produce NO2? Like L-Tryptophan needs B3 + B6 and glucose to produce serotonin.

This is interesting, Dr. Ignarro Nitric Oxide Interview 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biDNwRHg ... re=related
Oggy
Becoming-Regular

Postby Alex on Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:57 pm

I think alot of pre workout supplements are simply a waste of time as the majority of performance gains are down to what mentality you have. A few on here will know that I used to be a complete supplement whore in the past but over time I've reduced this down to the bare essentials and basics while my gym performance has in no way been compromised.

Eat well, rest well, train smart and the rest will come.
'Behave like you are the best...and you'll have the best chance of being the best you can be.'

'Be effective: do what works...and keep doing it.'

'Bask in the turbulence of my magnificence.'
Alex
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Dtlv74 on Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:33 pm

Alex wrote:I think alot of pre workout supplements are simply a waste of time as the majority of performance gains are down to what mentality you have. A few on here will know that I used to be a complete supplement whore in the past but over time I've reduced this down to the bare essentials and basics while my gym performance has in no way been compromised.

Eat well, rest well, train smart and the rest will come.

I agree very much. I trained on and off (mostly off, lol) for years but didn't really take any of it seriously until about three years ago when I really got into the science bhind different aspects of training and started trying all kinds of routines and supp's. Some of them do what they say (and studies back it up) and others don't, but at the end of the day with most things the difference is pretty minimal, and the biggest factors in sucessful training are healthy diet, tenacity, consistency, progression and relative simplicity.

Lift lots get big, lift heavy get strong.
Dtlv74
Ultimate Contributor

Return to Supplements