Possible 75% cancer mortality reduction with Vitamin D

Have some data\research to share? Throw it in here for discussion and persual from all members!

Re: Possible 75% cancer mortality reduction with Vitamin D

Postby health4ni on Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:51 pm

what's the reason the kinesiologist suggested it?
Cluster Training
http://health4ni.com/ :: BSD Discount Code: BSD6505
health4ni
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Spit on Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:49 pm

health4ni wrote:what's the reason the kinesiologist suggested it?

He thought that the refusal of my GI issues to die away completely might be caused by a faulty autoimmune reaction to free radicals, and that a strong anti-ox might be enough to cancel that out. That's the truncated Chinese Whispers version of events anyway, the conversation was over a year ago now and mixed in with a bunch of other stuff, I wish I could remember it better.

Hard to say whether it paid off in that respect- what did definitely work however was taking shedloads of Goldenseal to kill off the candida in my gut.

Brilliantly, the supps company that I bought the Astaxanthin from sent the first package to the wrong address- my parents' house- and reshipped the order to mine, meaning that I got six pots of the price of three and am still working my way through it 8-)
Spit
Dedicated Member

Postby health4ni on Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:54 pm

^^ potency of them? how many you take a day?
Cluster Training
health4ni
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Spit on Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:54 pm

health4ni wrote:^^ potency of them? how many you take a day?

4mg Astaxanthin in a capsule, along with 49mcg Lutein, 65iu Vit A (as Beta Carotene) and 10iu Vit E
(as d-alpha tocopherol).

I usually take one a day with dinner PWO, but the pot says you can take 1-3 a day; I'll often have an extra one if I've been drinking or suchlike.
Spit
Dedicated Member

Postby Alex on Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:36 pm

'Behave like you are the best...and you'll have the best chance of being the best you can be.'

'Be effective: do what works...and keep doing it.'

'Bask in the turbulence of my magnificence.'
Alex
Ultimate Contributor

Postby kp1512 on Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:13 pm

Alex wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8414124.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

reading yday there is a device that has been made or is in the process - that will check and report on certain markers for cancers and will give the Dr results in 20 minutes instead of days and weeks.....so there is a heck of alot happening in the oncology world
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Postby health4ni on Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:22 pm

Alex wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8414124.stm

That news article wrote:Not only will the cancer maps pave the way for blood tests to spot tumours far earlier

This scares me. I guarantee I have some cancerous cells in me. And I'd say almost the entire population has. Even that crazy alkalarian Dr Young says he believes he has some. They're just too small to detect right now. And yet if we can start detecting them it's gonna scare everyone.

Apparently: 1 million cancerous cells are the size of a pinhead and are undetectable. 1 billion cancerous cells are the size of a pea which is detectable. And it take about 20-30yrs for cancer to be detected.
Cluster Training
health4ni
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Alex on Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:36 pm

Scoot pretty much 99.9% of us have cancerous growths by the time we die. It's just a lottery as to how quickly they develop.
'Behave like you are the best...and you'll have the best chance of being the best you can be.'

Alex
Ultimate Contributor

Postby GymBunny on Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:50 pm

Alex wrote:Scoot pretty much 99.9% of us have cancerous growths by the time we die. It's just a lottery as to how quickly they develop.

Bingo. Scott, don't worry about it. Everyone will have some abnormal cells simply being out in the normal atmosphere and through living we encounter free radicals that can change our cells. The immune system is very good at dealing with minor changes.

I think cancers are becoming an increasing cause of death due to longer life expectancy, pollution and over population. But, there is no reason to think that someone as healthy as you is at high risk.
Mens sana in corpore sano
Never look back with regrets and think "what if" for that way madness lies. There are those that will envy you and try and undermine you. They are not worth your time.
GymBunny
Ultimate Contributor

Postby health4ni on Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:52 pm

@Alex: I've said this before, but everything has a greater or lesser genetic predisposition to becoming ill from cancer. But imo it's not just purely a lottery. I do think that factors in one's life massively affect it. We all HAVE to drink and eat. What we choose imo has a huge impact on cancerous cell growth. One often missed life "trial" is the whole negative thoughts thing. Now, by that I mean feelings of sadness, anger etc etc all the negative things. Dealing with the loss of someone close is a horrible thing, and it will often cause the grieving person to worsen in health, even if exercise and nutrition remains the same.

Kinda getting of track I suppose. Again, interesting stuff though.

@Lys: yeah I know. We all have a past though and some things that have been ingested weren't exactly healthy :lol:
Cluster Training
health4ni
Ultimate Contributor

Postby kp1512 on Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:13 pm

health4ni wrote:

That news article wrote:Not only will the cancer maps pave the way for blood tests to spot tumours far earlier

This scares me. I guarantee I have some cancerous cells in me. And I'd say almost the entire population has. Even that crazy alkalarian Dr Young says he believes he has some. They're just too small to detect right now. And yet if we can start detecting them it's gonna scare everyone.

Apparently: 1 million cancerous cells are the size of a pinhead and are undetectable. 1 billion cancerous cells are the size of a pea which is detectable. And it take about 20-30yrs for cancer to be detected.

Yep i beleive we all do and they are programmed by our DNA to self destruct past a certain point of abnormality. Its those that ignore the DNA instructions that are the bastards.
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Postby RoB on Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:05 pm

kp1512 wrote:
health4ni wrote:

Yep i beleive we all do and they are programmed by our DNA to self destruct past a certain point of abnormality. Its those that ignore the DNA instructions that are the bastards.

Well it's the immune system that keeps cell death in check with proliferation, and it's only when the cancerous tissue is allowed to proliferate for extended periods of time that it can present in a tumour. The morale of the story is to follow a lifestyle that allows you to mantain a functional immune system that isn't over stressed.
RoB
Regular Contributor

Postby Flash Sketcha on Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:15 pm

cleaver wrote:if anyone is going to order D3 from iherb I suggest the Healthy Origins 5000IU softgels. 360 for $15

It's been in iherbs weekly top 5 sellers for ages ;)

I rate the mixed tocepherol 400IU vitamin E as well from the same company.

How much u reckon customs will rinse me if i order 4 bottles of these?
Use discount code BSD25 to recieve 5 percent off your order
Flash Sketcha
Super Contributor

Postby Flash Sketcha on Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:40 pm

ahh just frickin bought these D3s off iherb then notice scott says it should be taken with saturates?! On the iherb site it says it contains olive oil? SHould i despieratyl try to change my order?
Use discount code BSD25 to recieve 5 percent off your order
Flash Sketcha
Super Contributor

Postby cleaver on Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:17 am

its a tiny amount mate. The softgels are small. Much smaller than BSD Krill gels.

As for customs, if you go with international airmail delivery you might get through for nothing. Else it will be £8 plus the vat which would be around £8 as well.
Rilla wrote:Up the dose.
That's the only way you fucking junkies overcome adversity.

"I think it's all to do with influences from the Bollywood film industry," says Mr Patel.
Use code BSD10 to get 5% off your first order
cleaver
Ultimate Contributor

Postby kp1512 on Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:48 pm

thought id throw this in here

We're winning the war on cancer
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Postby kp1512 on Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:30 pm

kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Postby RoB on Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:43 pm

kp1512 wrote:mercola and Vit D

http://products.mercola.com/vitamin-d-spray/?source=nl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mercola confuses me, most of the time he produces good articles and then out of the blue he'll run a huge article ranting about how amazing homeopathy is!
RoB
Regular Contributor

Postby kp1512 on Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:40 pm

RoB wrote:
kp1512 wrote:mercola and Vit D

http://products.mercola.com/vitamin-d-spray/?source=nl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mercola confuses me, most of the time he produces good articles and then out of the blue he'll run a huge article ranting about how amazing homeopathy is!

totally agree with this Rob - I get his email shots and read them and he does give good info and then youll get a realy odd write up or recommendation that almost seems it was from Alex Jones!
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Postby cleaver on Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:09 pm

^^ Mercola seems to be sensible about most things, and is certainly far removed from the mainstream. Shameless product whore though, but I guess you got to make your shermoolies somehow.

"I think it's all to do with influences from the Bollywood film industry," says Mr Patel.
cleaver
Ultimate Contributor

Postby kp1512 on Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:53 pm

yeh def - id imagine running that site and all isnt cheap but he certainly isnt in your face as say T.net
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Postby cleaver on Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:03 pm

kp1512 wrote: but he certainly isnt in your face as say T.net

Nobody is as shameless as those cnuts. Lets all get fecking jakked on anaconda and Thib the fud's new 'perfect' rep protocol. I don't know how that prick can sleep at night :lol:

cleaver
Ultimate Contributor

Postby kp1512 on Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:12 pm

cleaver wrote:

Nobody is as shameless as those cnuts. Lets all get fecking jakked on anaconda and Thib the fud's new 'perfect' rep protocol. I don't know how that prick can sleep at night :lol:

lol that was a bit harsh!
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Postby RoB on Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:05 pm

cleaver wrote:

I like how they don't mention the fact that thibs has blatantly been on a boat load of 'supplements' and yet use him as the poster boy for the perfect rep and anaconda shiz.
RoB
Regular Contributor

Postby Alex on Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:40 pm

Alex
Ultimate Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Supplement Research