Peptopro

Forum to discuss supplements and get general advice.

Peptopro

Postby Bison on Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:13 pm

http://www.dsm.com/le/en_US/peptopro/ht ... ptopro.htm

Apparently the fastest way of getting amino acids and even quicker than BCAA's or EAA's. Never heard of it until yesterday.... anyone else seen it or tried it? Same price as EAA's aswell.
..... and you're all set!
Bison
Ultimate Contributor

Re: Peptopro

Postby Alex on Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:22 pm

Definately know of it :)
'Behave like you are the best...and you'll have the best chance of being the best you can be.'

'Be effective: do what works...and keep doing it.'

'Bask in the turbulence of my magnificence.'
Alex
Ultimate Contributor

Postby kp1512 on Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:26 pm

def - was going to get it in last year for BSD but decided against it in the end as the cost was far to much when you compare net effect and gains.

Whether its WPH, Isolate or EAA - how much difference is it going to give to 99% of people? that is the question Id be asking.

Another WPC v WPI kind of thing. or WMS v Vit.

Personally - not worth it at the current pricing and we got a good price offered as well.
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Bison on Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:29 pm

I'm going to give this a try and use it PWO during my cut along with Glutamine... I was going to use EAA's but as this is the same price I'll give it a spin instead.

WPH tastes like shit doesn't it? Apparently this stuff doesn't have the nasty taste... also EAA's don't taste too clever either. As for Isolate, it's just an expensive WPC as far as I'm concerned and certainly not worth paying a premium for.
Bison
Ultimate Contributor

Postby kp1512 on Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:35 pm

Bison wrote:I'm going to give this a try and use it PWO during my cut along with Glutamine... I was going to use EAA's but as this is the same price I'll give it a spin instead.

WPH tastes like shit doesn't it? Apparently this stuff doesn't have the nasty taste... also EAA's don't taste too clever either. As for Isolate, it's just an expensive WPC as far as I'm concerned and certainly not worth paying a premium for.

Yeh WPH is NASTY. PP is meant to be tasteless and I think not that bad to mix. The effecct may be similar to EAA's Id say as there a mixture of di and tri peptides.
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Bison on Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:42 pm

The taste thing can't be underestimated when cutting because you can't add loads of nice tasting things like Nesquick to the shake. I don't like using sweeteners either. EAA's would have me gagging sometimes when using high doses like 20g... especially if I was really thirsty PWO and trying to get it down quick lol!

20g Peptopro
20g WMS
20g Glutamine
5g Creapure
2g Leucine
2g HMB

That's my planned PWO Shake of doom to help with recovery.
Bison
Ultimate Contributor

Postby kp1512 on Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:45 pm

sounds good...although with the leu why you taking the hmb?
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Bison on Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:50 pm

Becasue I've still got a load I bought last year.... then stopped training.
Bison
Ultimate Contributor

Postby julesm on Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:54 pm

i dont know of any paediatric nutrition company using this peptopro?
i would have thought if it was that easy on the stomach, then it would be used post-operatively

would be interesting to see a head to head trial of trained and untrained using peptopro and eaa/bcaa combo to ascertain a number of biomarkers- hydroxyproline etc

but if it is same price as eaa and more palatable- could be worth giving it a shot in the name of science and all
julesm
Ultimate Contributor

Postby kp1512 on Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:18 pm

whats the solution they use for people in intensive care? Shit forgotten it. Its a di/tri mix with more empasise on di peptides? now if that was available in a price that was suitable - THAT would be extremely interesting
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Postby CHEEF!! on Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:56 pm

this stuff looks good how does it compare to whey hdroys(whatever its called) which is a fair bit cheaper
EASY WEIGHT JOHN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CHEEF!!
Regular Contributor

Postby Craig on Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:53 pm

julesm wrote:i dont know of any paediatric nutrition company using this peptopro?
i would have thought if it was that easy on the stomach, then it would be used post-operatively

would be interesting to see a head to head trial of trained and untrained using peptopro and eaa/bcaa combo to ascertain a number of biomarkers- hydroxyproline etc

but if it is same price as eaa and more palatable- could be worth giving it a shot in the name of science and all

Isn't this stuff the key ingredient in biotests highy anticipated but poorly named "anaconda" during workout nutrition?
Craig
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Gothic_Muscle on Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:14 pm

Craig wrote:
julesm wrote:i dont know of any paediatric nutrition company using this peptopro?

Isn't this stuff the key ingredient in biotests highy anticipated but poorly named "anaconda" during workout nutrition?

Yup, that's the stuff - I've read the hype surrounding their new para workoout nutrition using Anaconda but damn, that stuff is well expensive - shocking!!! Cheapest I found it was about $40 for 1lbs
Gothic_Muscle
Getting keen

Postby Gothic_Muscle on Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:48 pm

Correction, cheapest I've seen is £40 for 1kg - just noticed mp is going to be stocking which sucks as I'm not a huge fan and I really fancy trying this!!
Gothic_Muscle
Getting keen

Postby Craig on Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:47 pm

Gothic_Muscle wrote:Correction, cheapest I've seen is £40 for 1kg - just noticed mp is going to be stocking which sucks as I'm not a huge fan and I really fancy trying this!!

ye if you want to do the carb load before then they are the only ones doing palinatose (sp!), there no one doing the rice dextrin but add some him salts and I would say it equals the workout fuel.
Craig
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Dtlv74 on Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:12 pm

kp1512 wrote:Whether its WPH, Isolate or EAA - how much difference is it going to give to 99% of people? that is the question Id be asking.

I think that's the key point - short peptides are in theory the dogs danglers but in real terms the advantage over a good quality protein is not going to do much unless you use it for ages... and then the difference wouldn't be that huge. I think it boils down to economics and preference with things like that - when cash is flush then why not go for the best, but on a budget i'd spend the difference on higher priority stuff.
Dtlv74
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Max on Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:30 pm

Been using this a week now and I can absolutely feel the difference. I take 25g pre and post workout. I have alot more endurance and energy especially to get through cardio post workout. This imo is a very good product..
Pb's: Bench:140*10 - DL 260*2 - Squat to // 232.5*3
Max
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Craig on Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:33 pm

Max wrote:Been using this a week now and I can absolutely feel the difference. I take 25g pre and post workout. I have alot more endurance and energy especially to get through cardio post workout. This imo is a very good product..

I'm also using it, about a week too, hard to give any conclutions yet. I can say it mixes perfectly and tastes like puke, still better than the taste of EAA's though.
Craig
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Max on Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:03 pm

Craig wrote:
Max wrote:Been using this a week now and I can absolutely feel the difference. I take 25g pre and post workout. I have alot more endurance and energy especially to get through cardio post workout. This imo is a very good product..

I'm also using it, about a week too, hard to give any conclutions yet. I can say it mixes perfectly and tastes like puke, still better than the taste of EAA's though.

Yep defo, you been taking it pre work out aswell?
Max
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Alex on Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:13 pm

You think it's a better choice over EAA's?
'Behave like you are the best...and you'll have the best chance of being the best you can be.'

Alex
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Max on Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:17 pm

Alex wrote:You think it's a better choice over EAA's?

Having used both pre workout I can say certainly yes.
I have use a blend of 9g eaa 5g bcaa and 3g leucine pre and post. I find this more effective in terms of delaying fatiuge cetainly.
Max
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Alex on Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:46 pm

I guess if you're training for more than an hour it could help fatigue but anything under wouldn't see so much of a benefit. Obvious applications could be more endurance sport based.

Alex
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Craig on Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:17 pm

Max wrote:
Craig wrote:

Yep defo, you been taking it pre work out aswell?

ye pre and during
Craig
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Max on Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:47 pm

What doses bro?
Max
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Craig on Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:34 pm

Max wrote:What doses bro?