Para's progress pics

Your place to put your pictures and videos!

Re: Para's progress pics

Postby Ader on Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:38 pm

simon m wrote:Very good shape and condition Para, you could do with a tan though mate!
He lives in Manchester - D'oh
____________________________________________________________________________
Don’t let the sets last much longer than ten seconds, total. Kinda like sex with a hot chick, hit it hard for ten seconds.
User avatar
Ader
Ultimate Contributor
 
Posts: 2528
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:08 pm
Location: An Office, Slough :(

Re: Para's progress pics

Postby Dtlv74 on Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Good to see you posting on here Para. Compared to last years pic you definitely look to have some extra muscle density, most noticable in the back and delts but proportioned all over. Nice conditioning and a well balanced physique too.
User avatar
Dtlv74
Ultimate Contributor
 
Posts: 3048
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:50 pm
Location: SW England

Re: Para's progress pics

Postby cleaver on Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:13 pm

Dtlv74 wrote:Good to see you posting on here Para. Compared to last years pic you definitely look to have some extra muscle density, most noticable in the back and delts but proportioned all over. Nice conditioning and a well balanced physique too.


Defo more density from the lats up. Bit more stomach fat... Stress??
Rilla wrote:Up the dose.
That's the only way you fucking junkies overcome adversity.

"I think it's all to do with influences from the Bollywood film industry," says Mr Patel.
Use code BSD10 to get 5% off your first order
User avatar
cleaver
Ultimate Contributor
 
Posts: 3478
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:59 pm

Re: Para's progress pics

Postby Rab on Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:14 pm

You have cracking biceps would be great to see the true peak nd shape of those lumps with a little more fat off them

Loads of detail on your upper back mate and id bet with a bit more tighness about your waist that rear double bicep would be a strong pose for you mate

Great stuff.
Image
User avatar
Rab
Ultimate Contributor
 
Posts: 7943
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:11 pm
Location: Glasgow

Re: Para's progress pics

Postby ParaManiac on Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:43 pm

Thanks for the comments fellas,i've definitely gained some podge,stress possibly(work can be a cnut),eating more/less cardio definitely! Wasn't sure about added muscle,however,on reflection and looking at previous shots,i can see added thickness to upper back/delt area so all that extra deadlifting is finally paying off :) Will probably start some form of light cardio in the near future to stay in reasonable condition and just keep hammering away,may even venture on the sunbed ;)
Really appreciate the honest critique from this forum,cheers.

On a slightly side note,i'm approaching 38 now,and have always trained naturally,however..... i am deliberating whether to introduce AAS into my life.I always stated i would never go down this path,probably for a mixture of health and moralistic reasons,however,progress rates,natural test decline and of course curiosity!! have made me have a recent rethink,i would be grateful for any opinions and similar experiences if anyone would be willing to contribute,cheers all.
User avatar
ParaManiac
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:35 am
Location: Manchester

Re: Para's progress pics

Postby Craig on Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:03 pm

ParaManiac wrote:Thanks for the comments fellas,i've definitely gained some podge,stress possibly(work can be a cnut),eating more/less cardio definitely! Wasn't sure about added muscle,however,on reflection and looking at previous shots,i can see added thickness to upper back/delt area so all that extra deadlifting is finally paying off :) Will probably start some form of light cardio in the near future to stay in reasonable condition and just keep hammering away,may even venture on the sunbed ;)
Really appreciate the honest critique from this forum,cheers.

On a slightly side note,i'm approaching 38 now,and have always trained naturally,however..... i am deliberating whether to introduce AAS into my life.I always stated i would never go down this path,probably for a mixture of health and moralistic reasons,however,progress rates,natural test decline and of course curiosity!! have made me have a recent rethink,i would be grateful for any opinions and similar experiences if anyone would be willing to contribute,cheers all.


If you introduce gear at your age it could well be a perminant thing as recovery IMO gets harder as you get older.

Other than that man up and take the little prick in the butt :lol:
User avatar
Craig
Ultimate Contributor
 
Posts: 3083
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:51 pm

Re: Para's progress pics

Postby Dtlv74 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:43 pm

ParaManiac wrote:Thanks for the comments fellas,i've definitely gained some podge,stress possibly(work can be a cnut),eating more/less cardio definitely! Wasn't sure about added muscle,however,on reflection and looking at previous shots,i can see added thickness to upper back/delt area so all that extra deadlifting is finally paying off :) Will probably start some form of light cardio in the near future to stay in reasonable condition and just keep hammering away,may even venture on the sunbed ;)
Really appreciate the honest critique from this forum,cheers.

On a slightly side note,i'm approaching 38 now,and have always trained naturally,however..... i am deliberating whether to introduce AAS into my life.I always stated i would never go down this path,probably for a mixture of health and moralistic reasons,however,progress rates,natural test decline and of course curiosity!! have made me have a recent rethink,i would be grateful for any opinions and similar experiences if anyone would be willing to contribute,cheers all.


Have been having thoughts on the same things as you about the darkside stuff, and have been thinking seriously about this summer. In my case though I want to be training more consistently for longer as I don't feel I could justify it without that. Everything has been so patchy in the last few years - no real training consistency at all. Also other priorities are higher than training at the moment so this year is looking doubtful now for any experiments.

Am sure any decision you make will be well thought out and considered...the natural test decline that starts to become noticable to us 'thirty somethings' is the one that keeps making me think about it!
User avatar
Dtlv74
Ultimate Contributor
 
Posts: 3048
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:50 pm
Location: SW England

Re: Para's progress pics

Postby Craig on Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:49 pm

How far away from me are you dtlv, I'm in clevedon these days, to far to train with me?
User avatar
Craig
Ultimate Contributor
 
Posts: 3083
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:51 pm

Re: Para's progress pics

Postby ParaManiac on Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:44 pm

Thanks gents(you worry me greatly Craig :D ),the decision would definitely not be taken lightly,much consideration has already been taken into account,and advice will continue to be sought until i decide either way.

I am having my bloods,liver/kidney function,test levels,cholesterol etc tested(all courtesy of the lovely NHS) next week as this will also obviously influence my decision,i'll keep you informed ;)
User avatar
ParaManiac
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:35 am
Location: Manchester

Re: Para's progress pics

Postby Alex on Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:51 pm

Running HGH/Peptides would be worth considering from a more health/well being perspective if you can manage the costs.
'Behave like you are the best...and you'll have the best chance of being the best you can be.'

'Be effective: do what works...and keep doing it.'

'Bask in the turbulence of my magnificence.'
User avatar
Alex
Ultimate Contributor
 
Posts: 10604
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:05 am

Re: Para's progress pics

Postby cleaver on Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:05 pm

ParaManiac wrote:Thanks gents(you worry me greatly Craig :D ),the decision would definitely not be taken lightly,much consideration has already been taken into account,and advice will continue to be sought until i decide either way.

I am having my bloods,liver/kidney function,test levels,cholesterol etc tested(all courtesy of the lovely NHS) next week as this will also obviously influence my decision,i'll keep you informed ;)



Stay up drinking without eating much for two days prior to it and your test level should be low enough to get TRT. :lol:
Rilla wrote:Up the dose.
That's the only way you fucking junkies overcome adversity.

"I think it's all to do with influences from the Bollywood film industry," says Mr Patel.
Use code BSD10 to get 5% off your first order
User avatar
cleaver
Ultimate Contributor
 
Posts: 3478
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:59 pm

Re: Para's progress pics

Postby ParaManiac on Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:56 pm

Got my blood test results back,all within normal range,with the exception of SHBG,which was elevated at 64.Now this does not mean a great deal to me and the clinic offered very little except to say it could be a number of things and so just keep an eye on it :roll: So i will make a few enquiries via work within Heamatology,see if they can add anymore.
Test level came back as 16,so not bad but not great(range 10-30)
Ldl low and Hdl high,which is good
Bp 124/75
Liver function and LH fine.

Anyway,i've had a serious think about my options and i've come to the conclusion that i will not be running a course,i would just be doing it for the wrong(in my mind) reasons.I am even reconsidering my entire training philosophy,i have pretty much dedicated most of my thirties to training,and sacrificed plenty,and given my decision not to supplement i feel i'm just pissing in the wind at present,very little gains,maybe even going backwards,for maximum effort,so i feel it's time to chill a little and just keep fit rather than 'chase the dream' and risk losing my sanity! :)

So,quite a dramatic change of thinking,however,it's one which i feel will benefit me long term,especially mentally and emotionally,cheers :)
User avatar
ParaManiac
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:35 am
Location: Manchester

Re: Para's progress pics

Postby Gym-pig on Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:54 am

ParaManiac wrote:Got my blood test results back,all within normal range,with the exception of SHBG,which was elevated at 64.Now this does not mean a great deal to me and the clinic offered very little except to say it could be a number of things and so just keep an eye on it :roll: So i will make a few enquiries via work within Heamatology,see if they can add anymore.
Test level came back as 16,so not bad but not great(range 10-30)
Ldl low and Hdl high,which is good
Bp 124/75
Liver function and LH fine.

Anyway,i've had a serious think about my options and i've come to the conclusion that i will not be running a course,i would just be doing it for the wrong(in my mind) reasons.I am even reconsidering my entire training philosophy,i have pretty much dedicated most of my thirties to training,and sacrificed plenty,and given my decision not to supplement i feel i'm just pissing in the wind at present,very little gains,maybe even going backwards,for maximum effort,so i feel it's time to chill a little and just keep fit rather than 'chase the dream' and risk losing my sanity! :)

So,quite a dramatic change of thinking,however,it's one which i feel will benefit me long term,especially mentally and emotionally,cheers :)



How do you think you would fair in a natty contest ??

I know what you mean though I think Ive reached the limit of growth my body will allow - which is still less than some people carry without training .
Taking it easier can make it more fun

What gains have you had from when you started Para ??
" You've got to stand up for yourself.Sometimes it might backfire ,and you might get hurt ,but it won't hurt as much as letting people constantly taking away your self -worth with their words " Gregg Valentino
User avatar
Gym-pig
Super Contributor
 
Posts: 1790
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:12 pm
Location: My own little world

Re: Para's progress pics

Postby kp1512 on Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:12 am

ParaManiac wrote:Got my blood test results back,all within normal range,with the exception of SHBG,which was elevated at 64.Now this does not mean a great deal to me and the clinic offered very little except to say it could be a number of things and so just keep an eye on it :roll: So i will make a few enquiries via work within Heamatology,see if they can add anymore.
Test level came back as 16,so not bad but not great(range 10-30)
Ldl low and Hdl high,which is good
Bp 124/75
Liver function and LH fine.

Anyway,i've had a serious think about my options and i've come to the conclusion that i will not be running a course,i would just be doing it for the wrong(in my mind) reasons.I am even reconsidering my entire training philosophy,i have pretty much dedicated most of my thirties to training,and sacrificed plenty,and given my decision not to supplement i feel i'm just pissing in the wind at present,very little gains,maybe even going backwards,for maximum effort,so i feel it's time to chill a little and just keep fit rather than 'chase the dream' and risk losing my sanity! :)

So,quite a dramatic change of thinking,however,it's one which i feel will benefit me long term,especially mentally and emotionally,cheers :)


Para - my immediate thoughts are - take something to lower estrogen, natural or not

Id be willing to put money on your nat test levels increasing somewhat.
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor
 
Posts: 10517
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:26 am
Location: London \ Manchester - UK

Re: Para's progress pics

Postby ParaManiac on Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:34 am

[quote="Gym-pig

How do you think you would fair in a natty contest ??

I know what you mean though I think Ive reached the limit of growth my body will allow - which is still less than some people carry without training .
Taking it easier can make it more fun

What gains have you had from when you started Para ??[/quote]

Hi Gp

I don't think i would look out of place,although legs are a weak point,despite endless hours,and various rep ranges, spent in the squat rack!
However,being honest,i really don't think i want to compete,i've never really trained for that reason,which has contributed to me questioning my true reasons and motivations for training.I honestly believe for me,and probably the majority,it's a psychological thing - a need - for a variety of reasons,possibly mine are,to be that bit different or making up for,or even disguising,certain self doubts and inadequancies,wow,i'm getting too deep now :)

The fun thing is probably what i've lost so yeah,you make a good point.

Gains wise,i think mainly i've simply remoulded my weight :D I started out a podgy 78kg,and have since moulded a build anywhere between 70 and 76 kg,which i honestly believe,especially now,is my natural level as further gains are not quality and spoil my physique.
User avatar
ParaManiac
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:35 am
Location: Manchester

Re: Para's progress pics

Postby ParaManiac on Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:43 am

kp1512 wrote:
Para - my immediate thoughts are - take something to lower estrogen, natural or not

Id be willing to put money on your nat test levels increasing somewhat.


This definitely crossed my mind,as i've always suspected i may have high estrogen levels and probably would be prone to gyno,i will look into it,cheers Kp.
User avatar
ParaManiac
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:35 am
Location: Manchester

Re: Para's progress pics

Postby kp1512 on Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:47 am

ParaManiac wrote:
kp1512 wrote:
Para - my immediate thoughts are - take something to lower estrogen, natural or not

Id be willing to put money on your nat test levels increasing somewhat.


This definitely crossed my mind,as i've always suspected i may have high estrogen levels and probably would be prone to gyno,i will look into it,cheers Kp.


no worries - even go the natural route mate

DIM or something like that...dont have to be arimidex or exemestane although they would be ideal

http://www.iherb.com/DIM?gclid=CI_PsOnW ... 2AodlDd9vw
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor
 
Posts: 10517
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:26 am
Location: London \ Manchester - UK

Re: Para's progress pics

Postby ParaManiac on Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:53 am

kp1512 wrote:
ParaManiac wrote:
kp1512 wrote:
Para - my immediate thoughts are - take something to lower estrogen, natural or not

Id be willing to put money on your nat test levels increasing somewhat.


This definitely crossed my mind,as i've always suspected i may have high estrogen levels and probably would be prone to gyno,i will look into it,cheers Kp.


no worries - even go the natural route mate

DIM or something like that...dont have to be arimidex or exemestane although they would be ideal

http://www.iherb.com/DIM?gclid=CI_PsOnW ... 2AodlDd9vw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks mate#
Ordered ;) along with Zinc,magnesium,vit D and chromium - cheers,now skint :o :D
User avatar
ParaManiac
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:35 am
Location: Manchester

Re: Para's progress pics

Postby Gym-pig on Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:24 pm

I fully understand what you are saying re training - and legs :(


Still waiting for my invite to Olympic ???
" You've got to stand up for yourself.Sometimes it might backfire ,and you might get hurt ,but it won't hurt as much as letting people constantly taking away your self -worth with their words " Gregg Valentino
User avatar
Gym-pig
Super Contributor
 
Posts: 1790
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:12 pm
Location: My own little world

Re: Para's progress pics

Postby Craig on Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:17 am

Para your not at your natural limit, you've progressed as far as you can with your current training pholosiphy.

As for your legs how much can you squat for 5 reps, if you don't have some basic strength then all the rep ranges and set schemes in the world won't help you.

If you want to give it a few more weeks I'll give you a direction to go in. My wife has now been training for 14 months and has a 90kg squat, as your a bloke and been training for many more years I guess its way higher........ if not then we know why they not growing! Ty is now calling me smug......... stupid wife!
User avatar
Craig
Ultimate Contributor
 
Posts: 3083
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:51 pm

Re: Para's progress pics

Postby ParaManiac on Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:34 pm

Gym-pig wrote:I fully understand what you are saying re training - and legs :(


Still waiting for my invite to Olympic ???


Anytime you want mate,let me know :)
User avatar
ParaManiac
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:35 am
Location: Manchester

Re: Para's progress pics

Postby ParaManiac on Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:48 pm

Craig,appreciate the input.

Your wife would make an excellent training partner.....

My squat for 5 reps is 120kg,so yeah,pretty poor.

Other lifts(5reps)

Dead 160kg
DB press 50kg
OHP 75kg

However,like i've said,not so sure i'm too arsed anymore about the size thing,only time will tell.....

Have you any advice re. the SHBG elevation?

Cheers
User avatar
ParaManiac
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:35 am
Location: Manchester

Re: Para's progress pics

Postby Dtlv74 on Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:14 pm

I think nettle root is linked with SHBG reduction... something about it providing a compound which binds to SHBG with a greater affinity than testosterone (or at least comparative affinity to test). Will look for the studies for you.

Ideally you want to identify the cause behind the elevated SHBG though.

ParaManiac wrote:Anyway,i've had a serious think about my options and i've come to the conclusion that i will not be running a course,i would just be doing it for the wrong(in my mind) reasons.


I think you are probably right. I've been thinking about it too but come to the conclusion that that path is one only really worth following for two reasons - serious bodybuilding aspirations or as a form of HRT in later years. I may return to the idea when I'm the other side of 40 for HRT type purposes but for now and my own goals and patchy dedication it would not be appropriate.
User avatar
Dtlv74
Ultimate Contributor
 
Posts: 3048
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:50 pm
Location: SW England

Re: Para's progress pics

Postby Craig on Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:16 pm

ParaManiac wrote:Craig,appreciate the input.

Your wife would make an excellent training partner.....

My squat for 5 reps is 120kg,so yeah,pretty poor.

Other lifts(5reps)

Dead 160kg
DB press 50kg
OHP 75kg

However,like i've said,not so sure i'm too arsed anymore about the size thing,only time will tell.....

Have you any advice re. the SHBG elevation?

Cheers



Yes high SHBG is most likely high estrogen as mentioned (shbg binds to estrogen not just testosterone so if either is high the body will increase SHBG to even things out). Aromisin would be best TBH. The natural stuff like calcium d glucurate, DIM etc helps but aromisin has few sides and works better. Do you hold fat around the chest area when you put on weight?

TBH you will find it tough to put more size on the chest and shoulders given your lifts but legs and back could still fill out more with the right lifting program even if you let the diet go a bit.

I'm not sure where the whole 6 meals a day thing came from for size, 3-4 plus a shake is all thats needed, 6 meals only ever held me back if thats what you mean by "maximum effort" then its just not necasery or even benificial beyond cutting which should make up a small portion of your lifting year.

I went through the whole over zelious approach and made much poorer gains then now when I still train hard but go much easier on the diet side of things. Good sleep, enough cals, plenty of protein, the right lifting program, none of this really impact on your life too much apart from enough sleep :lol:
User avatar
Craig
Ultimate Contributor
 
Posts: 3083
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:51 pm

Re: Para's progress pics

Postby ParaManiac on Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:23 pm

Thanks Craig.
Yes,for as long as i can remember,ive held fat around the chest,it's always the last place to come off when dieting,even when i've been very low bf,my chest has still been a problem,puffy nips etc.

This is why i've always suspected an imbalance.... anyway,i've bought the DIM so will see if it helps any,will get retested in about 12 weeks.

My problem with the diet thing is i'm unwilling to fully let myself go,i need to stay in shape(the chest issue may well be the overriding factor here) and i'm aware this has held me back somewhat.

Cheers mate
User avatar
ParaManiac
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:35 am
Location: Manchester

PreviousNext

Return to Members Gallery and Pics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 39 guests

cron