overcomplicate

Whether its the treadmill, HIIT, Plyometrics, skipping or sled pulling....ask\put it here!

overcomplicate

Postby kp1512 on Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:58 am

Do people overcomplicate

Saw a post somewhere else about a guy that wants to diet down for his wedding or something

He first wanted to ask about which gear to take and came down to fina,mast,test daily.....50/50/100

then cardio and his program was

1) Cardio is currently a combination of Hill Sprints (10-15 sets of 45 second all out effort) 2-3x per week and 60 min run 4-5x per week.

im thinking to myself...the later should get you cut pretty well within 6-8 weeks if thats what you are doing....and its the diet that will make you lose not so much the gear in this case....additionally that level of cardio especially Hill Sprints is going to be tough to do 3 times amount if its max effort

but his slant was more on what gear to take.....as opposed to the effect the 3x hill sprints are going to have on his recovery......

strange
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Re: overcomplicate

Postby health4ni on Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:06 am

not strange really cos many people are lazy and want shortcuts.

if he really really wanted it, then he could get in amazing shape and leanness by doing a super healthy diet and smart cardio. His cardio isn't too bad tbh. Hill Sprints are hard and unless he has been doing them already he'll not be able to that intensity straight away. Plus a 60min run is a waste of time imo. But any exercise helps in such a short time period.
Cluster Training
http://health4ni.com/ :: BSD Discount Code: BSD6505
health4ni
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Karlos on Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:10 am

hah, yeah. Eat clean consistently and hit the weights hard and the fat comes off. Add sprints 2-3 times a week 50m x 10 would be fine to speed things up.

Consistently eating clean has been the major thing for me, meat, veg, fruit, nuts, eggs, brown rice and oats is my diet. Carbs mainly around training. Don't even count cals! and I stay around 10% fat without much effort at all. EASY
Use discount code BSD16 for 5% off your first order
Karlos
Ultimate Contributor

Postby kp1512 on Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:01 pm

totally agree - but its a dependency with people

need eph, need t3, need t5, etc etc

No you need to get off your fat ass and put in periods of tough tough...not difficult.
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Postby simon m on Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:25 pm

See it all the time. Okay, some people do need a little push that you get with gear, but you don't need gear at all to get in shape.

Eat clean, weight train 5 times per week and add in some cardio post weights - easy
Have YOU kissed your guns today?!
simon m
Ultimate Contributor

Postby cleaver on Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:59 pm

10-15 sets of 45 sec all out. fucking bullshit you gullible cvnt :lol:
Rilla wrote:Up the dose.
That's the only way you fucking junkies overcome adversity.

"I think it's all to do with influences from the Bollywood film industry," says Mr Patel.
Use code BSD10 to get 5% off your first order
cleaver
Ultimate Contributor

Postby kp1512 on Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:49 pm

cleaver wrote:10-15 sets of 45 sec all out. fucking bullshit you gullible cvnt :lol:

all out is relative. it will be all out for him as cumalative exhaustion occurs -

it sure wont be constant all out.....unless you are thick and thought that :lol:
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Postby cleaver on Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:09 am

still way out there unless we are talking significant recovery between sets. even Michael Johnson at his peak never did Shit like that.

"I think it's all to do with influences from the Bollywood film industry," says Mr Patel.
cleaver
Ultimate Contributor

Postby julesm on Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:50 am

chopper you are trying to rationalise with someone who consumes trace elements of faecal matter

you will always have 2 supporting arguments for both camps- would be interesting to see epidemiological evidence to see the "wear and tear" element on this HIIT stuff and comparable injury rates between the two groups
julesm
Ultimate Contributor

Postby kp1512 on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:35 am

cleaver wrote:still way out there unless we are talking significant recovery between sets. even Michael Johnson at his peak never did Shit like that.

hmmmm no i think you are missing the point here mate

15 hill sprints for HIM at HIS max effort is going to be relative

The cumalitive exhaustion over each sprint will be by a) glyco and b) oxygen deficit

So each one is clearly going to be max effort for him...as thats how its designed...anythign over 90% v02 effort will break down fat and glyco equally.

his isnt trying to recover to get max effort per the first output set - he is trying to break down fat and cause a significant metabolic response.......thus he can do 15 easily.....now the intensity and effort of the 1st versus the 15th is clearly going to be different unless he is superman....which he isnt

regardless - my point is that everyone looks for a drug, or a fat loss stack, or taking something.....yet noone wants to put themselves in the space where theres pain. the amount of sheer laziness is nuts. its only when you dig down do you realise that its to do with weakness and laziness. so many posts like these
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Postby kp1512 on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:37 am

julesm wrote:chopper you are trying to rationalise with someone who consumes trace elements of faecal matter

you will always have 2 supporting arguments for both camps- would be interesting to see epidemiological evidence to see the "wear and tear" element on this HIIT stuff and comparable injury rates between the two groups

shut it slag!

rem that not all want to find a paper to put an excuse for being lazy...some put in hard effort......dont be shy of putting in the hard work.....and if you cant...try not to look for an excuse...its a path to failure as you know.
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Postby cleaver on Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:21 am

just as well doing a tempo session instead.

cleaver
Ultimate Contributor

Postby kp1512 on Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:29 am

^ agree mate

basically 10 mins steady state > 10 x 30 sec max bursts > 10 mins steady state

the thought is that when you break down fat during the hiit you can actually leave it cir in blood and if proned to fat storage itll get re-deposited..hence finishing with a decent steady state reduces bg and also uses fat cals.......
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Craig on Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:50 am

What about GH and ice cream thats a valid approch too right?
Craig
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Ader on Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:09 pm

Craig wrote:What about GH and ice cream thats a valid approch too right?

Don't think that was on Mr Whippy's list last time I looked :(

Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rab on Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:57 pm

People over complicate things and spend a fortune on expensive gear when it's not necessary

Dont even need to have a super brilliant diet to get lean. Just do enough and when nothing Ganges do a bit more or eat a bit less. Really simple.

Seen someone the other day 14 weeks out, smooth as shit on 120mcg clen per day and still had bacon and chicken drumstics in his diet....with the nowadays standard test tren mast anavar gh stack
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Dtlv74 on Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:16 pm

Karlos wrote:hah, yeah. Eat clean consistently and hit the weights hard and the fat comes off. Add sprints 2-3 times a week 50m x 10 would be fine to speed things up.

Consistently eating clean has been the major thing for me, meat, veg, fruit, nuts, eggs, brown rice and oats is my diet. Carbs mainly around training. Don't even count cals! and I stay around 10% fat without much effort at all. EASY

Pretty much exactly the same for me - eat fairly clean without too much refined sugar or sat fat, higher energy foods around training and high activity, no direct count of kcals any more, a mix of weights and some varied cardio (sometimes steady state, sometimes HIIT type sprints, sometimes plyometric complexes), and i stay pretty much constantly within 9-11% b/fat.
Dtlv74
Ultimate Contributor

Postby julesm on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:12 pm

hello ......................is it me you're looking for
I can see it in your eyes
I can see it in your smile
You're all I've ever wanted
And my arms are open wide
'cause you know just what to say
And you know just what to do
And I want to tell you so much