Ola =)

New to the board? Throw in your details and stats in here!...Good way to get noticed and let others be aware of you!

Ola =)

Postby Gothic_Muscle on Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:52 pm

Evening all!!

Thought I would finally introduce myself having signed up for this sometime ago. Been a long time lurker on this forum, enthusiastically enjoying what I find is a more sophisticated and intellectual level of questions/answers and general banter on all things training and more and I'm looking forward to contributing and learning from you all!!

The name is Emyr (that's about as Welsh as it comes ;) ), 29 years young. Been training for several years and achieved a very pleasing level in my physique about 3 years ago when I was struck down and diagnosed with Crohn's disease where I lost 2.5 stone in 3 weeks and ended up hospitalised for 2.5 weeks. Since then my efforts and large parts of my life has been a study in perserverence, never given up on my dream of yet again achieving a 6 pack but I definately find it quite hard these days to make any meaningfull gains, some new dietary tweaks that I've made the last few weeks seem to be helping me quite a bit so we will see where that takes me with regards to physique aspirations!
For several years I followed a typical carb rich diet until I happened upon the Anabolic Diet several months ago and from that transitioned to Rob Faigin's Natural Hormone Enhancement which I'm currently still following and loving it, this form of carb cycling definately agrees with me, my condition and my training goals moreso than a typical carb heavy diet! Training wise I keep it pretty simple and find a middle of the road approach suits me better so I currently stick to a 2 day split (upper/lower, push/pull legs etc) I prefer to keep volume reduced but up the frequency so every bodypart gets hit every 4th or 5th day. And that's pretty much it folks, I eat train sleep work and the cycle starts again, oh yeah, I'll go out now and again and get off my t*ts but that's a rarity these days with my condition and stuff. I'll sign off now by saying hi and goodbye and lookin forward to the forums, be gentle peeps ;)

Emz
Gothic_Muscle
Getting keen

Re: Ola =)

Postby julesm on Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:58 pm

welcome to the clinically insane forum
julesm
Ultimate Contributor

Postby kp1512 on Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:58 pm

welcome to the board mate.

crickey - that didnt sound good - but it sounds like you are on the mend with figuring out what works ? Which can only be good
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Dtlv74 on Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:08 pm

A warm welcome to the forum mate :)

Crohn's is horrid - a friend of mine had issues with it for a long time before she was finally diagnosed. Well done for getting it under control... am sure that six pack isn't too far away!
Dtlv74
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Craig on Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:11 pm

Hi welcome
Craig
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Gothic_Muscle on Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:12 pm

Thanks for the welcome dudes!! Crohn's ain't the best but you find a way to manage, I'm thankfull that's as bad as it is, plenty more people worse off than me. If I can enjoy a period of remission longer than 2 blocks of 3 weeks that I've had the last year I'm sure I can make some changes, I achieved a 6 pack 3 years ago I'm sure I can do it again and if I can't there's some big brains on this forum to help me along the way ;)
Gothic_Muscle
Getting keen

Postby Rilla on Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:12 pm

Hey there.

What are your stats? (Height, weight, girth, length etc). :lol:
Last edited by Rilla on Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Choppa wrote:Rab's face probably scares the bar up. Explains his Shit deadlift as well cause the wants to stay away from his deformed bonce.
Rilla
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Craig on Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:16 pm

Gothic_Muscle wrote:Thanks for the welcome dudes!! Crohn's ain't the best but you find a way to manage, I'm thankfull that's as bad as it is, plenty more people worse off than me. If I can enjoy a period of remission longer than 2 blocks of 3 weeks that I've had the last year I'm sure I can make some changes, I achieved a 6 pack 3 years ago I'm sure I can do it again and if I can't there's some big brains on this forum to help me along the way ;)

Also welcome to the auto immune club also known as the leaky gut team :D, I'm celiac and it destroyed over a year worth of gym progress for me, fortunately I'm starting to get a handle on it these days
Craig
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Gothic_Muscle on Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:18 pm

Rilla wrote:Hey there.

What are your stat? (Height, weight, girth, length etc). :lol:

he he lol, not as big as you I'm sure ;)
Gothic_Muscle
Getting keen

Postby Rilla on Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:19 pm

Gothic_Muscle wrote:
Rilla wrote:Hey there.

What are your stat? (Height, weight, girth, length etc). :lol:

he he lol, not as big as you I'm sure ;)

Simon is the one with the hugomondo bat around here. ;)
Big Choppa wrote:Rab's face probably scares the bar up. Explains his Shit deadlift as well cause the wants to stay away from his deformed bonce.
Rilla
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Alex on Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:20 pm

Welcome across Emyr.

Great to see the determination to do what you love despite the obstacles placed in front of you. As the saying goes "... it makes you stronger."

Think I may have seen you on some other boards...
'Behave like you are the best...and you'll have the best chance of being the best you can be.'

'Be effective: do what works...and keep doing it.'

'Bask in the turbulence of my magnificence.'
Alex
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Gothic_Muscle on Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:22 pm

Craig wrote:
Gothic_Muscle wrote:Thanks for the welcome dudes!! Crohn's ain't the best but you find a way to manage, I'm thankfull that's as bad as it is, plenty more people worse off than me. If I can enjoy a period of remission longer than 2 blocks of 3 weeks that I've had the last year I'm sure I can make some changes, I achieved a 6 pack 3 years ago I'm sure I can do it again and if I can't there's some big brains on this forum to help me along the way ;)

Also welcome to the auto immune club also known as the leaky gut team :D, I'm celiac and it destroyed over a year worth of gym progress for me, fortunately I'm starting to get a handle on it these days

Tell me bout it, leaky gut sucks, I tried following a gluten free diet and ashamed to say I found it real tough and broke several times so I sympathise with your plight mate. Following a carb cycling protocl ensures the bad stuff only come every so often and in limited quantity (but I'm not immune to the odd slice of cheescake, ommmmmmm nom nom!!) Sucks the way disease robs us of our hard fought gainbut great to hear your getting it sorted tho
Gothic_Muscle
Getting keen

Postby Bison on Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:25 pm

Welcome mate :)
..... and you're all set!
Bison
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Gothic_Muscle on Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:26 pm

Alex wrote:Welcome across Emyr.

Great to see the determination to do what you love despite the obstacles placed in front of you. As the saying goes "... it makes you stronger."

Think I may have seen you on some other boards...

Cheers butt, I love training, no such thing in my world as give up or quit when it comes to training/nutrition, it's the one thing that keeps me balanced during the dark days of a flair up and also keeps my weight up!! Yeah, I do frequent some other boards, not as much these days, guess I should have been a bit more original with the user name ;)
Gothic_Muscle
Getting keen

Postby GymBunny on Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:29 pm

Hey there, I have a friend with Crohns and she suffered terribly until it was diagnosed. Still is a bit manic but dealing with it much better. I knew I recognised the user name.

Great to have you across, I wouldn't necessarily peg this motley crew as sophisticated but there's very little ass kissing around here and you will get good, and definitely honest advice.
Mens sana in corpore sano
Never look back with regrets and think "what if" for that way madness lies. There are those that will envy you and try and undermine you. They are not worth your time.
GymBunny
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rorschach on Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:59 am

Hello, nice to see you aboard. Just exchoing what has already been said, I have a friend with Crohns, and you have my sympathy.
Glad to see you're staying positive, and I presume you're already pretty disciplined from the training, when it comes to diet and such.

Feel free to put up a journal or two (or 8, or 9.... going on some of our members :D).
Rorschach
Popular Member

Postby simon m on Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:44 pm

Gothic_Muscle wrote:Evening all!!

Thought I would finally introduce myself having signed up for this sometime ago. Been a long time lurker on this forum, enthusiastically enjoying what I find is a more sophisticated and intellectual level of questions/answers and general banter on all things training and more and I'm looking forward to contributing and learning from you all!!

Damn, I thought we were going for idiotic and purile? :D

Welcome!
Have YOU kissed your guns today?!
simon m
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Dtlv74 on Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:48 pm

simon m wrote:
Gothic_Muscle wrote:Evening all!!

Damn, I thought we were going for idiotic and purile? :D

Welcome!

Gothic obviously hasn't read all the threads. He will learn... :twisted: :D
Dtlv74
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rilla on Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:19 pm

Hah sophisticated.
Rilla
Ultimate Contributor

Postby cleaver on Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:15 pm

welcome mate. Watch out for Rab, he's a closet turd burgler :lol:
Rilla wrote:Up the dose.
That's the only way you fucking junkies overcome adversity.

"I think it's all to do with influences from the Bollywood film industry," says Mr Patel.
Use code BSD10 to get 5% off your first order
cleaver
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rorschach on Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:35 am

Closet?
Rorschach
Popular Member

Postby the_cheshirecat on Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:19 am

Gothic_Muscle wrote:
Craig wrote:

Tell me bout it, leaky gut sucks, I tried following a gluten free diet and ashamed to say I found it real tough and broke several times so I sympathise with your plight mate.

To be honest, the only thing that is IMPOSSIBLE is bread.
I can do anything else with the sodden gluten-free flour.
Even cheesecake, if we liked it 8-)

Gothic_Muscle wrote:Following a carb cycling protocl ensures the bad stuff only come every so often and in limited quantity (but I'm not immune to the odd slice of cheescake, ommmmmmm nom nom!!)

Hey, apparently carb cycling (yay! happy now? :x) is looming for me, I'll let you know how I get along! :(
Craig: "you're like my own MILF, only with no kids".
the_cheshirecat
Popular Member

Postby Rilla on Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:46 am

If we liked it. Heh.
Rilla
Ultimate Contributor

Postby the_cheshirecat on Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:48 am

Rilla wrote:If we liked it. Heh.

Why do I feel as I had made a HUGE syntax horror now? :?
Craig: "you're like my own MILF, only with no kids".
the_cheshirecat
Popular Member

Postby Rilla on Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:51 am

There's no error I think.

I merely found it funny that you said "we" while obviously meaning "he". You just made a funny. :)
Rilla
Ultimate Contributor

Next

Return to Introductions