My Quest To Beat Asthma Medication

Want to keep an online log of your nutrition and supplement regime? Here is the place

My Quest To Beat Asthma Medication

Postby Coop_de_Ville on Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:57 am

Its been 11 years since I suddenly became asthmatic and since then I have relied on 3 types of inhalers a reliever and preventer and a nasal spray. I have decided I am going to beat this cnut and cure myself of asthma medication!
Since Friday I have started using some natural remedies to help me and they have worked. So far I am drinking a pint of water with 1 squeezed lemon and half a ginger root chopped in to it. As well as this I am sniffing a jar of honey a few times a day lol.
To my surprise this is actually working, my chest has never felt better and I havnt used an inhaler of any form for almost 3 days even when I was pushing yesterday.

I will write in this every so often with updates etc but just wondering if anybody else knows of any other ways to beat this bracksted of a disease?
C_D_V
Coop_de_Ville
Super Contributor

Re: My Quest To Beat Asthma Medication

Postby health4ni on Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:30 pm

Good stuff mate.

Have a read of this: http://articlesofhealth.blogspot.com/20 ... sthma.html
Cluster Training
http://health4ni.com/ :: BSD Discount Code: BSD6505
health4ni
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Alex on Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:34 pm

I'd agree that a more alkaline approach to diet help Asthma.

In addition I'd look to cut out anything that triggers a histamine reaction. For me I found that cutting all alcohol, dairy and processed/refined sugars (especially milk chocolate) made a big difference. I'm more fortunate that my Asthma is seasonal for around 6 weeks with Hayfever but it does allow me to monitor how consuming different foods and drink can make it better or worse.
'Behave like you are the best...and you'll have the best chance of being the best you can be.'

'Be effective: do what works...and keep doing it.'

'Bask in the turbulence of my magnificence.'
Alex
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rilla on Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:44 pm

If you are to take any meds, be sure to talk to some doctors that know about the IOC banned substances list...
Big Choppa wrote:Rab's face probably scares the bar up. Explains his Shit deadlift as well cause the wants to stay away from his deformed bonce.
Rilla
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Dtlv74 on Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:17 pm

Have been doing a bit of reading/research on fatty acids recently and through that stumbled upon an article talking about inflammation in asthma and how balancing omega3/6 is important to limit this - which makes sense.

It also suggested focusing on ensuring the following nutrients are taken adequatly to help the body deal with the inflammatory aspects of asthma;

balanced omega3/6
vit c
vit b 3 (niacin)
vit b 6 (pyroxidine)
magnesium
zinc
Dtlv74
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Karlos on Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:34 pm

Dude i had asthma when i was young, but my ma refused to get me medicine and i can see why, we come dependent. I get tightening when i run on roads, so i don't do it. Other than that i've totally beat it.

As others have said avoid inflammatory foods and eat anti-inflam foods. You're probably half way there already.
Use discount code BSD16 for 5% off your first order
Karlos
Ultimate Contributor

Postby GymBunny on Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:32 am

Hey Coop, only just saw this thread. How is the new protocol working out for you?

As for cutting out problem foods, milk is the one that causes me most trouble breathing. Soon as I cut it down/out I don't cough gunk.
Mens sana in corpore sano
Never look back with regrets and think "what if" for that way madness lies. There are those that will envy you and try and undermine you. They are not worth your time.
GymBunny
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Coop_de_Ville on Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:24 pm

I havnt taken my inhaler now since i started this thread and have felt fine! I went off dairy for 2 weeks but I found no difference, so i am back on dairy (moderately) and feeling fine.
C_D_V
Coop_de_Ville
Super Contributor

Postby Pingu on Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:38 pm

Superb Coop!! I think it just goes to show what you can do without pharmaceuticals. Obviously they have their place and, if you find you still need it then fine, but the less we have to rely on them the better. Clearly for some illnesses you really should do what the doctor tells you, but I do think complementary medicine and diet is often overlooked. I know since I started weight training and eating properly I've cut the pain medication for the nerve damage in my arm to less than a third of what I was on, and from three types of pain relief to just one at a minimal dose.

Well done! :D
Life is too short for boring socks
Pingu
Ultimate Contributor

Return to Nutritional and Supplement Journals