MXD back to business

Want to keep an online log of your training? Here is the place

Re: MXD back to business

Postby Ader on Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:58 am

Gym-pig wrote:Saw this video and thought of this discussion
To say everyone who has an addictive type of personality has to take drugs is bollocks

Shaun Dinosaur Davis had one of the best UK built physiques ever ....and then destroyed his kidneys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSSj1mJY3Kk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just clicked on the link to him at NABBA Universe 1990 - Impressively ripped:

Ultimate Contributor

Postby Alex on Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:21 pm

Guys, some spirited sledging is fine but no need to start telling others what they can or can't do or post - we are still living in a democracy.
'Behave like you are the best...and you'll have the best chance of being the best you can be.'

'Be effective: do what works...and keep doing it.'

'Bask in the turbulence of my magnificence.'
Alex
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rilla on Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:38 pm

Max wrote:[
and she;s correct because she's a doctor? Does she pescribe statins by any chance? :roll:

She's not correct because she's a doctor, but she's got about ten years of practical as well as theoretical experience in endocrinology. Plus, she's not blindly staring at one answer refusing to see that which she does not like.

You actually categorically stated that GH is cancerous. It isn't.

You sure you wanna discuss semantics with a linguistics major?
By definition, NOTHING (except random mutation) causes cancer. By definition you cannot die of AIDS but most often to a common flu because of a weak immune system. Everybody knows this, and as such there is no point in stressing the obvious. Smoking doesn't cause lung cancer either, and radiation doesn't cause mutation. They significantly increase the risk though, just as HGH significantly increases the risk of cancer. Again, use Google if in doubt. Try to keep an open mind.

Your a twat. Totally disrespecting me by saying "you're not a bodybuilder" on your patronising all high and mighty horse. Stay out of my journal and if I ever have the displeasure of meeting you stay away from me. Arrogant tit.

But I'm right. Right now you're a hobbybuilder at best. Saying anything else is actually disrespecting the people who go through hell just to get up on a stage.
By your logic anybody can call themselves a sprinter, since they sprint (possible after a bus).

How heavy are you now compared to before you started juicing? Have you gained a full stone of solid mass over those 3-4 years?
Big Choppa wrote:Rab's face probably scares the bar up. Explains his Shit deadlift as well cause the wants to stay away from his deformed bonce.
Rilla
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Max on Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:33 am

Rilla wrote:

You sure you wanna discuss semantics with a linguistics major?
By definition, NOTHING (except random mutation) causes cancer. By definition you cannot die of AIDS but most often to a common flu because of a weak immune system. Everybody knows this, and as such there is no point in stressing the obvious. Smoking doesn't cause lung cancer either, and radiation doesn't cause mutation. They significantly increase the risk though, just as HGH significantly increases the risk of cancer. Again, use Google if in doubt. Try to keep an open mind.

Lmao. Rilla, hgh does not significantly increase the risk of cell mutation. Radiation directly causes cellular damage on the DNA intra cellular, nucleo-peptide level. The fact that you say "radiation doesn't cause mutation" shows your way out of your depth commenting on something you have VERY little knowledge about.

Your a twat. Totally disrespecting me by saying "you're not a bodybuilder" on your patronising all high and mighty horse. Stay out of my journal and if I ever have the displeasure of meeting you stay away from me. Arrogant tit.

Rilla wrote:But I'm right. Right now you're a hobbybuilder at best. Saying anything else is actually disrespecting the people who go through hell just to get up on a stage.
By your logic anybody can call themselves a sprinter, since they sprint (possible after a bus).

How heavy are you now compared to before you started juicing? Have you gained a full stone of solid mass over those 3-4 years?

Yeah about 14 lean pounds in 2, yes just over 2 years actually. Taking my bench from 100*5 to 140*10. My deadlift from 180*2 to 260*2. Taking my squats from 180*3 to 230*3...Taking My body mass from 11stone 10 at 10% body fat to in sept 2010 little under 200lb at under 10% body fat.. But what does that even matter? I'm just a deluded roid abuser without a clue right? I havn't got to prove absolutely anything to you. Whatever reason you have an irk with me I don't care. Thats your problem now save some face, go talk to someone who cares, oh yeah and don't post in my journal again :)

Man kisses xxx
Pb's: Bench:140*10 - DL 260*2 - Squat to // 232.5*3
Max
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rilla on Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:57 am

Max wrote:Lmao. Rilla, hgh does not significantly increase the risk of cell mutation. Radiation directly causes cellular damage on the nucleo-peptide level. The fact that you say "radiation doesn't cause mutation" shows your way out of your depth commenting on something you have VERY little knowledge about.

Nope, HGH does not significantly increase the risk of mutation, I never said that. HGH significantly increases cell growth and cell reproduction. More cells and more growth=bigger risk of mutations=bigger risk of cancer. That's just plain math.
I was off on the radiation thing for sure, my bad. The point still stands though.
Besides, you're missing the whole point. HGH significantly increases the risk of cancer. That's the point. It is not healthy.
This link to an article on PubMed shows that agromegalics have an increased amount of malignant tumors.

Whatever reason you have an irk with me I don't care. Thats your problem now save some face, go talk to someone who cares, oh yeah and don't post in my journal again :)

Man kisses xxx

I have no problem with you, I wasn't the one calling you twat/tit/whatever. I was hoping to nudge you into making the same realizations that Rab did, which could possibly help you avoid risking your health (at least to some degree) in the future.
Big Choppa wrote:Rab's face probably scares the bar up. Explains his Shit deadlift as well cause the wants to stay away from his deformed bonce.
Rilla
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Craig on Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:02 am

What a bunch of pussys.

UP the dose.
Craig
Ultimate Contributor

Postby simon m on Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:02 am

Big Si has his Moderators Hat On

I'm enjoying the discussion between Rilla and Max, insults excepted.

Rilla, you are old enough to ignore someone calling you a "tit", so please do and refrain from being insulting. Max is a bodybuilder, but he's not a competitive one until he sets foot on stage. I think everyone would agree with that...

Max, "disrespecting" - hate that word. I don't agree with all of what Rilla says or how he's said it, but there is an undercurrrent of truth in there. I also think that you've bitten more than you would normally.

To Rilla & Max: It's good to have arguements, but please try to be less personal.

Love to all

xx
Have YOU kissed your guns today?!
simon m
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Alex on Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:23 am

Alex wrote:Guys, some spirited sledging is fine but no need to start telling others what they can or can't do or post - we are still living in a democracy.

Max, one thing I cannot stand more than anything else is having to repeat myself.

As a general note for everyone it's fair enough that you have opposing views but I think we're above telling people not to view their opinion because it's something you either don't agree with or feel they don't have sufficient knowledge in. We're not 12 and we're not in a school playground anymore. Everyone get to have their say. You can always ignore it if it bothers you that much but this remains an open forum.
'Behave like you are the best...and you'll have the best chance of being the best you can be.'

Alex
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Karlos on Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:27 am

Craig wrote:What a bunch of pussys.

UP the dose.

:lol:

I haven't read many studies on elevated levels of GH, but like most/all research I doubt it's conclusive wrt increasing likelihood of cancer. We were having a debate (IN UNI! believe it or not) about how scientific based research is never conclusive and in a lot of cases a bunch of crap. My view is levels of hgh to replace deficiencies in the range of normal-high physiological levels will be very 'pro-life'. However when you go to supraphysiological levels you certainly run the risk of things going wrong. Question is to what degree? My guess would be there are too many variables to quantify the risk.

Not sure I fully agree with your hypothesis though rilla. Cell turnover is going on continuously, to what degree does hgh elevate this? Even so, something still has to go dramatically wrong with cell signalling and proliferation. By that notion training and increased protein intake would increase cancer risk? There are SO many other factors involved.

And Rilla not to disrespect your girlfriend, but those in the medical system have a very stubborn, specific and sometimes skewed (5 points for illiteration? ) opinions on things. It's not their fault, they had to go through a very rigorous 7 year hypnotherapy course to fit into the corrupt system. lol..nah they're not that bad. :)
Use discount code BSD16 for 5% off your first order
Karlos
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Alex on Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:45 am

Karlos wrote:
Craig wrote:What a bunch of pussys.

UP the dose.

I haven't read many studies on elevated levels of GH, but like most/all research I doubt it's conclusive wrt increasing likelihood of cancer. We were having a debate (IN UNI! believe it or not) about how scientific based research is never conclusive and in a lot of cases a bunch of crap. My view is levels of hgh to replace deficiencies in the range of normal-high physiological levels will be very 'pro-life'. However when you go to supraphysiological levels you certainly run the risk of things going wrong. Question is to what degree? My guess would be there are too many variables to quantify the risk.

Not sure I fully agree with your hypothesis though rilla. Cell turnover is going on continuously, to what degree does hgh elevate this? Even so, something still has to go dramatically wrong with cell signalling and proliferation. By that notion training and increased protein intake would increase cancer risk? There are SO many other factors involved.

And Rilla not to disrespect your girlfriend, but those in the medical system have a very stubborn, specific and sometimes skewed (5 points for illiteration? ) opinions on things. It's not their fault, they had to go through a very rigorous 7 year hypnotherapy course to fit into the corrupt system. lol..nah they're not that bad. :)

Great post.

The difficulty is that as individuals we're all genetically very unique and susceptible to different dispositions which are decided for us the moment me are conceived. Some individuals can smoke 40 a day and live to a ripe old age without suffering any real ill effects while other can develop lung cancer from small levels of passive smoking so with such variations it's hard to get a definative answer. There is always a finite exception to the rule.

However we can make a judgement call and know that there are things that we can subject ourselves to that can increase the likelihood of such dispositions or ailments from occuring and, as Karla has already highlighted, it's at what level that we cross the line and go into the red.

Alex
Ultimate Contributor

Postby health4ni on Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:48 am

Alex wrote:Some individuals can smoke 40 a day and live to a ripe old age without suffering any real ill effects while other can develop lung cancer from small levels of passive smoking so with such variations it's hard to get a definative answer. There is always a finite exception to the rule.
I think the days of seeing people live long whilst smoking heavy are gone tbh. It's quite well documented that the older generation (those born before 1920 or 1940 is it? I can't remember) have far better internal health as it were due to better quality fresh food produce. Now, of course if you ate shit then you're still gonna pay for it, but for those that ate fairly well but still smoked they have far more natural defences to battle the effects of smoking.

But I digress lol
Cluster Training
http://health4ni.com/ :: BSD Discount Code: BSD6505
health4ni
Ultimate Contributor

Postby simon m on Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:12 am

health4ni wrote:
Alex wrote:Some individuals can smoke 40 a day and live to a ripe old age without suffering any real ill effects while other can develop lung cancer from small levels of passive smoking so with such variations it's hard to get a definative answer. There is always a finite exception to the rule.
I think the days of seeing people live long whilst smoking heavy are gone tbh. It's quite well documented that the older generation (those born before 1920 or 1940 is it? I can't remember) have far better internal health as it were due to better quality fresh food produce. Now, of course if you ate shit then you're still gonna pay for it, but for those that ate fairly well but still smoked they have far more natural defences to battle the effects of smoking.

But I digress lol

I don't think you digress Scott.

I see this alot in younger adults who didn't have the same sporting background as us older fellas and they look older and are less fit than they should be.

So I do think that general health and eating will let you get away with abusing your body more in later life. Although a GP I know said that you can get away with most things until your 40 and then it hits you.

Going back to Max for a minute, I wouldn't pump as many chemicals in me as he does, but my experience of GH peptides and knowledge of them is that they stimulate the bodies own release, so augment what you already have, whereas direct HGH leads to a reduction in natural release and to my mind must be more problematic than peptides. The same goes for steriods as well. Although what I did last year was try and get back to a hormonal level of a 20 year old, which was fun :D
simon m
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Max on Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:36 am

Alex wrote:
Alex wrote:Guys, some spirited sledging is fine but no need to start telling others what they can or can't do or post - we are still living in a democracy.

Max, one thing I cannot stand more than anything else is having to repeat myself.

As a general note for everyone it's fair enough that you have opposing views but I think we're above telling people not to view their opinion because it's something you either don't agree with or feel they don't have sufficient knowledge in. We're not 12 and we're not in a school playground anymore. Everyone get to have their say. You can always ignore it if it bothers you that much but this remains an open forum.

Rilla wrote:
Max wrote:I just don't agree personally. As long as blood pressure and blood lipids are in check then how can it be causing damage?
GH lowers cholesterol, decreases blood pressure etc etc and its a pro life drug... Same as metformin (bg regulator).

It's not up to you to decide.
GH is cancerous.
GH as well as androgens will cause irreversible heart growth.
Those are just two major sides.

PEDs are NOT good for you - that is a fact.

Hold on a minute.. Rilla started by posting that it "was not up to to me to decide" whether PED's are beneficial or not.
That's him telling me tht my opinions un valid and I'm not allowed to do the same in return? Why am I being told this and not Rilla? If that's the case I shall no longer post here.
Rilla can post what he likes as long as its not an attack on myself or my opinions. Stating things as fact where they are not backed up with supreme arrogance and self belief is uncalled for and unnecessary.

simon m wrote:Big Si has his Moderators Hat On

I'm enjoying the discussion between Rilla and Max, insults excepted.

Rilla, you are old enough to ignore someone calling you a "tit", so please do and refrain from being insulting. Max is a bodybuilder, but he's not a competitive one until he sets foot on stage. I think everyone would agree with that...

Max, "disrespecting" - hate that word. I don't agree with all of what Rilla says or how he's said it, but there is an undercurrrent of truth in there. I also think that you've bitten more than you would normally.

To Rilla & Max: It's good to have arguements, but please try to be less personal.

Love to all

xx

Thanks Si much agreed with these sentiments. Just feel the "not a bodybuilder" jibe was a total petty remark just to rile me..

I welcome input and opinions from everyone! However if someone tells me flat out to think a certain way and that I am wrong to think what I do, then they can do one.
We're all mature enough to agree to disagree surely..
Max
Ultimate Contributor

Postby simon m on Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:56 am

I agree Max.

It's healthy to have disagreements, it makes you consider other points of view.
simon m
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rab on Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:14 pm

I thik the main point to take away from this is im an awesome bodybuilder and max is just a shmuk gym rat who takes a list of drugs longer than simons curse

Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Max on Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:18 pm

Rab wrote:I thik the main point to take away from this is im an awesome bodybuilder and max is just a shmuk gym rat who takes a list of drugs longer than simons curse

LMFAO :D :lol:
Max
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rilla on Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:30 pm

Max wrote:Hold on a minute.. Rilla started by posting that it "was not up to to me to decide" whether PED's are beneficial or not.
That's him telling me tht my opinions un valid and I'm not allowed to do the same in return? Why am I being told this and not Rilla? If that's the case I shall no longer post here.
Rilla can post what he likes as long as its not an attack on myself or my opinions. Stating things as fact where they are not backed up with supreme arrogance and self belief is uncalled for and unnecessary.

So what you're saying is that you're doing it for health reasons? That it's actually healthy for you? That you deep down inside believe it's good for you?
It's not up to me to decide either. I don't decide whether smoking is good or bad for you, and you sure as hell don't either. Same goes for PEDs. While you may be willing to accept some side effects, to get specific benefits is a whole different story.

That GH and other drugs can do wonderful things in therapeutic doses is not what I'm debating, actually scratch that - I'm not debating they can do wonderful things period. But it comes at a cost. Irreversible organ growth is one, risk of cancer is another. Risk of diabetes a third and that's if we leave out human error completely. The more meds you do, the bigger the risk of getting something contaminated or of simply fucking up a dose/injection.

So Max, I ask you to take a deep look inside and tell me this; do you really think it's healthy? Are you doing you body a favor?
Rilla
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Alex on Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:31 pm

Max, have another read mate at the bolded text.

My only gripe was telling Rilla not to post in your Journal anymore as this is an open forum, nothing more. The rest was a general note to everyone else if you read through it.

Alex
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Gym-pig on Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:27 pm

I think a discussion of this type was inevitable on this forum .
A lot of us have known or know of , each other for years .
More and more the forum has become pro steriod hgh etc However some still do not use and do not see the appeal .

When you get someone you have known of since their " black vest trio" days taking what looks like mad risks , you have to speak up .

Max - personal insults are only allowed on here against Rab (check the rules and the exclusion on camp Scots)

Rilla - a bobybuilder is what it says on the tin , a competitive bodybuilder is what it says on the tin .

Still its been ages since Ive read a discussion this good on here !!!

Love to the nattys and drug addicts ;)
" You've got to stand up for yourself.Sometimes it might backfire ,and you might get hurt ,but it won't hurt as much as letting people constantly taking away your self -worth with their words " Gregg Valentino
Gym-pig
Super Contributor

Postby simon m on Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:23 pm

GP, would you like to baton charge Rilla and Max, then beat them with a length of hose pipe covered with gaffer tape?
simon m
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Gym-pig on Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:27 pm

simon m wrote:GP, would you like to baton charge Rilla and Max, then beat them with a length of hose pipe covered with gaffer tape?

I can just see Rilla getting his wank sock out at the mere thought of that !
" You've got to stand up for yourself.Sometimes it might backfire ,and you might get hurt ,but it won't hurt as much as letting people constantly taking away your self -worth with their words " Gregg Valentino
Gym-pig
Super Contributor

Postby simon m on Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:28 pm

Gym-pig wrote:
simon m wrote:GP, would you like to baton charge Rilla and Max, then beat them with a length of hose pipe covered with gaffer tape?

I can just see Rilla getting his wank sock out at the mere thought of that !

Good point. I'm sure he cracked one out looking at me sleeping in Nottingham - filthy bastard!
simon m
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Gym-pig on Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:01 pm

My trainin log cut from here after being posted in error !!

I accept todays " Making a twat of yourself award" .

Thank you !!
Last edited by Gym-pig on Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gym-pig
Super Contributor

Postby Rab on Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:30 pm

Gym-pig wrote:Weight today 16' 5"

Yesterday was legs day at the gym . Nothing fancy , leg press, smith machine squats , sledge squats , ham curls lying and then seated , seated calves

Can't remember weights as I dont tend to record them now as I do the exercises in all sorts of orders .

Leg press was around 200kg for sets of 12 .

On all exercises there is a full rom and no lockout . Negs done slow and tend to explode on on positives .

Took about 70 minutes of torture !

Now binning the two leg workouts a week idea - totally draining although may still do a light one just to loosen them up .

Legs are slowly slowly growing and fat is slowly going down

Im bloody hungry !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats all sounding good but dont you have your own journal you senile old c*nt

Are you lost?
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby health4ni on Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:55 pm

Gym-pig wrote:Rilla - a bobybuilder is what it says on the tin , a competitive bodybuilder is what it says on the tin .
personal opinion of course, but I believe that a bodybuilder is someone that actively competes or is preparing to compete (in the very near future).

"Building your body" is what most people (men mostly) do in the gym... and do badly.
Cluster Training
http://health4ni.com/ :: BSD Discount Code: BSD6505
health4ni
Ultimate Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Training Journals