Intro

New to the board? Throw in your details and stats in here!...Good way to get noticed and let others be aware of you!

Intro

Postby Benny on Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:21 am

Hi,

I better start by telling you a bit about myself!

I'm 20 and currently studying 'Furniture' at University in Lincoln. Since joining Uni I've become more and more passionate about fitness and lifting. This spawned from my childhood when I was a little on the 'chubby' side and suffered at the hands of bullies until I pulled my finger out, cleaned my diet up and lost the weight!

I'm not quite sure about my career path and have been considering one amongst the fitness industry as I do have a massive passion for training. On the side of my degree I've completed a Level 2 Gym Instructor Course and am hoping to do the Level 3 in March and then some Personal Training Modules in the summer. I'm begining to become more interested in nutrition too and whilst I don't know a great deal I do find it very interesting!

I've trained in a variety of methods including a dooming 10 weeks of GVT during the summer. Currently 5'10" and finished a bulk last semester at 90KG. 'Trimming' down a bit after christmas (as we all do!) and am now around 87/88KG. I've got slightly higher bodyfat than I would like (not had it measured but I would imagine between 16-18%) but I plan to give it the boot along with adding 30KG to my 'Big Three' to hit 500KG this year. For an idea of proportioning: waist 34", Thighs 25.5", Chest 45.75", Arms 16".

Enough about me! I look foward to lurking and being a part of your community :)

Benny
Use discount code 'BSD324' for 5% off your first order.
B - 120KG, S - 170KG, DL - 200KG//490KG -10KG to go.
Benny
ESN Regular

Re: Intro

Postby Rab on Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:26 am

Welcome Benny.

How did you find the GVT overall?

Nice to have you and look forward to your input
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Alex on Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:40 am

Hello and welcome :)
'Behave like you are the best...and you'll have the best chance of being the best you can be.'

'Be effective: do what works...and keep doing it.'

'Bask in the turbulence of my magnificence.'
Alex
Ultimate Contributor

Postby kp1512 on Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:46 am

Hi Benny and welcome to the madhouse! :D
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Benny on Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:09 pm

Rab wrote:How did you find the GVT overall?

Where to begin!
I discovered it on T-nation and liked the sound of it so gave it ago with my brother. It's deffinatley ego destroying. By this I mean you leave it at the door because you're going to be working no where near your full capacity, nearer to 60% with slow 4 second negatives, supersetted exercises and strict rest intervals. Had me sweating like something unreal as each 'main' set takes 30 minutes! :o

I found my endurance went through the roof. I was so fatigued and exhausted but still able to crank the reps out. Normally where I would slow and stall I would slow but not stall for another 2-3 reps. I noticed a changed in my body composition as it's using alot of energy due to the volume so a slight drop in bodyfat. I put on some fair size and could see this as my stretch marks shot out from my armpits across the outter of my chest.

Mentally it's quite tough, despite changing angles of presses(flat to incline) and grips for exercises (rows from pronated to supprinated) and subsidary exercises it still got incredibly boring and I was so glad to have finished it.

Physically when you're not working out I felt like an old man. My diet wasn't perfect but wasn't bad as I was at home from Uni and not entirely in controll. I was also working for the NHS over the summer doing some data entry sat behind a desk. Which is good because DOMS lasted on average 3-4 days for each part, and then began to fade/disappear around the 4/5 day. I could also feel my tendons aching a bit too.

It didn't do anything (probaly lost a bit) for my strength, however it is very challenging and am glad I was able to complete it an not give up. I had to adapt the exercises to suit the gym at home, some exercises weren't supersetted but had shorter rest periods as a result to still ensure maximim fatigue for the muscles.

Hoping to give AGVT a go this summer. Make sure you eat, stretch and rest well because you're in for a world of pain if you ever try it!
Benny
ESN Regular

Postby simon m on Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:55 pm

Hi Benny, do you know Miss Diane?

That's a crap Crossroads pun - so sorry!

Good to see you here.

Your goals seem very sensible and I'm sure you'll get there sooner than you think.
Have YOU kissed your guns today?!
simon m
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Alex on Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:00 pm

Another good fat loss alternative is Chad Waterbury's 3x10 Routine.
'Behave like you are the best...and you'll have the best chance of being the best you can be.'

'Be effective: do what works...and keep doing it.'

'Bask in the turbulence of my magnificence.'
Alex
Ultimate Contributor

Postby cleaver on Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:32 pm

Bonjourno Benny!

Rilla wrote:Up the dose.
That's the only way you fucking junkies overcome adversity.

"I think it's all to do with influences from the Bollywood film industry," says Mr Patel.
Use code BSD10 to get 5% off your first order
cleaver
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Benny on Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:45 pm

Thanks for all the welcomes. I'm hoping this year is going to be a good year of training!

I'll have a read of that routine thanks as I'm currently in between routines at current.
Benny
ESN Regular

Postby Rilla on Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:00 pm

Hey cutie, welcome! :)
Big Choppa wrote:Rab's face probably scares the bar up. Explains his Shit deadlift as well cause the wants to stay away from his deformed bonce.
Rilla
Ultimate Contributor

Postby ollie on Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:10 pm

Welcome mate.
ollie
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Will on Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:25 pm

Bonjour Benny! About time you came over here! :D Now you'll know where I learn all my stuff from! :lol:

Welcome. :)
Will
Super Contributor

Postby Resurrected on Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:44 pm

Welcome :)

Thoughts determine what you want... Actions determine what you get!

Why are Chavs like slinkies? They have no real use but it's great to watch one fall down a flight of stairs.
Resurrected
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Tartulho on Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:48 pm

Welcome to th emad house :)
All that I say is hypothetically speaking and I do not condone the use of illegal substances. You should also eat your vegetables and use high SPF sunscreen :roll:
Tartulho
Regular Contributor

Postby GymBunny on Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:18 pm

Hi and welcome Benny. GVT is definitely an ego crushing routine, but absolutely fantastic if you can stick at it. So kudos. :D
Mens sana in corpore sano
Never look back with regrets and think "what if" for that way madness lies. There are those that will envy you and try and undermine you. They are not worth your time.
GymBunny
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Will on Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:43 pm

Benny and I constantly egg each other on about GVT :D
Will
Super Contributor

Postby Benny on Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:04 pm

Your turn to do GVT and my turn to do AGVT :mrgreen:

Then we can completely relate!
Benny
ESN Regular

Postby Will on Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:54 pm

Well I promised a friend I'd take him through AGVT in March. Give me a couple of months to recover, and then you're on! :D
Will
Super Contributor

Postby Dtlv74 on Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:37 pm

Hey Benny is good to meet you. Great write up on the GVT - has got me wanting to do it now :D
Dtlv74
Ultimate Contributor

Return to Introductions