I'm still alive!

New to the board? Throw in your details and stats in here!...Good way to get noticed and let others be aware of you!

I'm still alive!

Postby xRichx on Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:50 pm

Evening all!

I've been away for a while so some may remember, some may not know me, and some just plain old forgotten (that wasn't an age joke Si or Res)...

Anyway, I'm still training for duathlons/triathlons etc and alls going well on that factor! I'm feeling healthire stronger faster and fitter than ever! Enjoying training more than ever too!

Never been big on strength, but still workig on it... Pretty hard to build on anything what with all the endurance cardio, but seem to have found practical size/strength for the time being, and sitting around 2-3kg over my goal race weight.
Hitting PB's on the 10km run, 50km bike and my Lance Armstrong esque "The Look" is coming along nicely!

Life wise, I'm now fully based in Leeds (some may remember me being a Bristol lad all my life), enjoying the northern life (altho electricity, running water and soap is hard to come by).

Working as a civil servant, making sure everyone for the Ministry of Justice gets paid right is my current workig life, not what I want to do (need to get back in the engineering office really), but it's paying the bills and paying off the money problems that came about from no job and being fucked over by landlords etc throughout the last year!

Anyway, enough about me... How's everyone been?
1/2 Iron Man training at present...

BSD54 for a better 5% off your first order than the others offer.
xRichx
Popular Member

Re: I'm still alive!

Postby Rab on Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:24 am

Alright stranger.

There crying out for guys at Rosyth shipyard and are willing to rerain guys to piping.
Cash isnt amazing but decent enough.

Plus you get cheap ferry's from there to Amsterdam :D
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby simon m on Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:04 am

Hello Young Fella...Good to see you back

What's whippet and chips like then?
Have YOU kissed your guns today?!
simon m
Ultimate Contributor

Postby xRichx on Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:31 am

Rab, where's your geography at mate? Bit of a commute from Leeds!
Nah, I'm looking about Leeds/Manc/Sheffield etc, so something should pop up soon, but not looking to move away from here for the time being!

Simon, I've not quite gone the whole hog yet... I've dabbled in a flat cap tho! Got to say, it allows me to moan about you wussy sotherners without getting stabbed up tho!

I'm a little concerned that since I've moved here, all of the main murder news stories haven't been too far away from here! Does the North do that to you?

xRichx
Popular Member

Postby Ader on Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:11 am

Welcome back :)

So, lokking at your sig, what 1/2 iron man are you training for - Not Ironbridge is it? - Or has that been and gone this year - I seem to recall it's sometime around this time of year normally?
Ultimate Contributor

Postby cleaver on Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:15 am

welcome back sexeh ;)
Rilla wrote:Up the dose.
That's the only way you fucking junkies overcome adversity.

"I think it's all to do with influences from the Bollywood film industry," says Mr Patel.
Use code BSD10 to get 5% off your first order
cleaver
Ultimate Contributor

Postby simon m on Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:19 am

Since they closed the mills, stabbing, n capping each other is their favourite past times, bunch of inbreeds
simon m
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rilla on Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:45 pm

What kind of times are you doing on the 10's?

Will you be dropping down on the 9th/10th of oct?
Big Choppa wrote:Rab's face probably scares the bar up. Explains his Shit deadlift as well cause the wants to stay away from his deformed bonce.
Rilla
Ultimate Contributor

Postby xRichx on Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:56 pm

Ader, only two races I'm managing from now on are Weymouth Tri (1/2 IM dist), and Winter Ballbuster duathlon (box hill). Moneys been tight and I'm basically setting myself up for next year when I should be financially ready to spend a couple of hundred over a few races!

Rilla, what's happening 9/10th Oct?

10km times of late have been averaging 48-50mins with a flat cool day best of 42:36.

xRichx
Popular Member

Postby GymBunny on Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:40 am

We're all going to throw apples at Rab as he prances around on stage in teeny tiny pants. :)
Mens sana in corpore sano
Never look back with regrets and think "what if" for that way madness lies. There are those that will envy you and try and undermine you. They are not worth your time.
GymBunny
Ultimate Contributor

Postby simon m on Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:44 am

GymBunny wrote:We're all going to throw apples at Rab as he prances around on stage in teeny tiny pants. :)

He's in the British Finals in Nottingham:

09-10/10: UK BRITISH CHAMPIONSHIPS Royal Concert Hall, Nottingham, NG1 5ND

I'm gonna be there with Rilla, GB, Will and a few more reprobates, including Gym Pig if he can make it.
simon m
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rilla on Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:29 pm

RILLA!
Big Choppa wrote:Rab's face probably scares the bar up. Explains his Shit deadlift as well cause the wants to stay away from his deformed bonce.
Rilla
Ultimate Contributor

Postby xRichx on Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:50 pm

Awesome!

Send us a link and I'll get myself a ticket and come down!
I'll get the eggs and tomatoes rotting now!

xRichx
Popular Member

Postby Ader on Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:58 am

xRichx wrote:Ader, only two races I'm managing from now on are Weymouth Tri (1/2 IM dist), and Winter Ballbuster duathlon (box hill). Moneys been tight and I'm basically setting myself up for next year when I should be financially ready to spend a couple of hundred over a few races!

10km times of late have been averaging 48-50mins with a flat cool day best of 42:36.

Sounds like a plan :)

The 42.36 10k time is good - Was that in a gri or just a straight 10k? Fo some reason my 10k times in a tri were always faster than my straight 10k times (not that I did many straighyt 10ks).

ps - Was half thinking about joing the crew in Nottingham in October, but looks like I'll be competing myself that weekend down in Bournemouth - I won't be waring a small red thong though - At least not on stage :lol:
Ultimate Contributor

Postby simon m on Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:15 am

Ader wrote:
xRichx wrote:Ader, only two races I'm managing from now on are Weymouth Tri (1/2 IM dist), and Winter Ballbuster duathlon (box hill). Moneys been tight and I'm basically setting myself up for next year when I should be financially ready to spend a couple of hundred over a few races!

Sounds like a plan :)

The 42.36 10k time is good - Was that in a gri or just a straight 10k? Fo some reason my 10k times in a tri were always faster than my straight 10k times (not that I did many straighyt 10ks).

ps - Was half thinking about joing the crew in Nottingham in October, but looks like I'll be competing myself that weekend down in Bournemouth - I won't be waring a small red thong though - At least not on stage :lol:

That's a shame because unless Ressie turns up I'll be the oldest!
simon m
Ultimate Contributor

Postby GymBunny on Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:39 pm

simon m wrote:

That's a shame because unless Ressie turns up I'll be the oldest!

Chronologically perhaps, but definitely not mentally. :)
Mens sana in corpore sano
Never look back with regrets and think "what if" for that way madness lies. There are those that will envy you and try and undermine you. They are not worth your time.
GymBunny
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Ader on Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:00 pm

simon m wrote:That's a shame because unless Ressie turns up I'll be the oldest!
Yeah sorry mate - I'd put it in my diary as a possibility but was going to decide nearer the time - Then realsied I had my first equipped comp' that weekend in Bournemouth. You can still put those young uns to shame though :D

Sorry Rich - We've hijacked your thread already :oops:
Ultimate Contributor

Postby simon m on Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:00 pm

Ader wrote:Sorry Rich - We've hijacked your thread already :oops:

No one's said **** yet..........

Doh! :D
simon m
Ultimate Contributor

Postby xRichx on Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:31 am

Carry on guys and gals it at least makes me look popular on the main page!

Ader, the 42 run was straight off, and yes generally I "feel" that my runs are quicker/easier after a cycle, but maybe thats due to easing up on the cycle and not running long distance afterwards...

Got a nice cycle in last night. Pretty much exactly 20mile - 67mins. Felt pretty good at the end too! Reckon I coulda hit sub 60min easy! Tomorrows gonna be a long session if the weather holds out. Plan is 25mile cycle and 8mile run. Aiming for sub 90min bike and sub 60min run, which should give me a very good idea of how ballbuster will go and try out nutrtition plans.

Fingers crossed for sunny dry evening!

xRichx
Popular Member

Postby simon m on Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:02 am

xRichx wrote:Carry on guys and gals it at least makes me look popular on the main page!

You'b be even more popular in prison....

I must stop hanging about with Rab...
simon m
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Dtlv74 on Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:53 am

Hey Rich, great to see that things are going well... did wonder what you were up to during your absence. Nice time for the 10k... done a few of those recently but untimed and just to get back into cardio shape... would love to do a proper triathlon but I swim about as well as a block of granite. Tough discipline youve chosen, mucho respecto.
Dtlv74
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Alex on Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:58 pm

Had any more ink done?
'Behave like you are the best...and you'll have the best chance of being the best you can be.'

'Be effective: do what works...and keep doing it.'

'Bask in the turbulence of my magnificence.'
Alex
Ultimate Contributor

Postby xRichx on Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:27 pm

Det, the swim is by far my worst discipline, but hopefully get some more coaching in the next few months to bring that up to scratch. Had a few sessions back in Bristol and learnt a lot of technique so progressing.

Alex, no more ink since my back was finished... Moneys been tight an getting back to Bristol for mates rates is difficult at the mo. Hopefully October I shall be getting back in the saddle for some regular sessions!

Training wise, I managed a 57min 20mile ride with just under 1000ft of climb t'other day, spoken to a few riders that ride in clubs and race time trials and they reckon I shouldn't get laughed at if I entered a few races... 20mile winners are about 45mins, so I think when I start hitting regular sub 55mins I'll start racing regular with them!

Loving the hills around Yorkshire tho, so much better and more want to get out and take in the views at the top of the hills than I found back down in bris!

xRichx
Popular Member

Return to Introductions