Hi, I'm MartinM, I'm a Newbie

New to the board? Throw in your details and stats in here!...Good way to get noticed and let others be aware of you!

Hi, I'm MartinM, I'm a Newbie

Postby MartinM on Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:34 pm

Hello All,

Just thought I'd say hi... and KP says I have to post here or else :o

Just looked down the recent posters list and what a blast from the past, so many old friends.... well people I know... or at least have met... well spoken to them on a forum... or at least I've spoken to their alias...

Oh how I love forums. :)

Thanks to the people who linked me to the site. Looks great.
MartinM

Re: Hi, I'm MartinM, I'm a Newbie

Postby kp1512 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:36 pm

Hi Martin

Good to see you here....you may have a turbulent welcome but nothing you prob cant handle. :D

Good to see you are doing well.

Have you put on weight is what I want to know and are you still scared of adding it! :D :D :D [I couldnt help it! gota ask!]

KP
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Marks1972 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:38 pm

Ah.. that's where the other end of the scale is :)

Welcome Martin.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Current gym PBs - Deadlift 280kg, Squat 230kg (knee wraps and belt), Bench 160kg (wrist wraps)
Marks1972
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Resurrected on Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:40 pm

How you doing skinny :D ......Yes somethings never change, I'm still old and still have an awful sense of humour!

Business going well?
Thoughts determine what you want... Actions determine what you get!

Why are Chavs like slinkies? They have no real use but it's great to watch one fall down a flight of stairs.
Resurrected
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Dtlv74 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:42 pm

Hello Mate, welcome to MyProt... oops wrong forum! Welcome to ESN! Nice vibrant forum commmunity here... good mix of knowledge and total silliness. Welcome aboard :)
Dtlv74
Ultimate Contributor

Postby health4ni on Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:46 pm

Welcome to ESN :)
Cluster Training
http://health4ni.com/ :: BSD Discount Code: BSD6505
health4ni
Ultimate Contributor

Postby MartinM on Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:55 pm

Haha! Nothing changes!

KP - I was up to 94kg actually, after a bit of time off competing, dropped back to 80kg and now on the way back up, sitting at 86kg and the strongest I've ever been, granted not that strong but I've never considered myself a decent lifter.

43aso, I mean Res - been a while! Yes, you're humour is the same ;) I'm good and business is... busy.

Dtlv - you've hit the nail on the head there mate. Its like a clone forum.. but the clone is improved from what I can see!!!

Health - man.. you need to eat... hahaha :twisted:
MartinM

Postby simon m on Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:57 pm

Hi Martin

What's your thoughts on pre exhaust? :D
Have YOU kissed your guns today?!
simon m
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Pingu on Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:00 pm

Bonjourno! :D
Life is too short for boring socks
Pingu
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Craig on Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:11 pm

MartinM wrote:Haha! Nothing changes!

KP - I was up to 94kg actually, after a bit of time off competing, dropped back to 80kg and now on the way back up, sitting at 86kg and the strongest I've ever been, granted not that strong but I've never considered myself a decent lifter.

43aso, I mean Res - been a while! Yes, you're humour is the same ;) I'm good and business is... busy.

Dtlv - you've hit the nail on the head there mate. Its like a clone forum.. but the clone is improved from what I can see!!!

Well as your strong these days we have a few friendly contests going on here, first to 1.75bw on the front squat (better hurry up if you want that one as a few of us are close) or for the longer term we have the first to do BW plus 125kg for five reps with dips............. no ones close to that.
Craig
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Gym-pig on Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:18 pm

Martin ,

I remember that on MP you were quite obnoxious with some of the younger members . I hope that this will not be the case here and that you join the family .

Unfortunately I cannot quote the posts from MP as Im banned for suggesting that Nu swallow his own sperm on his high fat diet but regardless ...a cautious welcome . GP
" You've got to stand up for yourself.Sometimes it might backfire ,and you might get hurt ,but it won't hurt as much as letting people constantly taking away your self -worth with their words " Gregg Valentino
Gym-pig
Super Contributor

Postby MartinM on Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:22 pm

Craig wrote:
MartinM wrote:Haha! Nothing changes!

Well as your strong these days we have a few friendly contests going on here, first to 1.75bw on the front squat (better hurry up if you want that one as a few of us are close) or for the longer term we have the first to do BW plus 125kg for five reps with dips............. no ones close to that.

Wow, I'm not THAT strong! I could probably get close on front squat, I'm at about 1.6ish now. I'll happily say I'll never get anywhere near BW + 125kg on dips. If any natural gets close to that they are amazing and should be given a certificate :D
MartinM

Postby MartinM on Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:27 pm

Gym-pig wrote:Martin ,

I remember that on MP you were quite obnoxious with some of the younger members . I hope that this will not be the case here and that you join the family .

Unfortunately I cannot quote the posts from MP as Im banned for suggesting that Nu swallow his own sperm on his high fat diet but regardless ...a cautious welcome . GP

There's that turbulent welcome... :mrgreen:

I sincerely hope that I was never obnoxious on the MP forum however the written word is often ambiguous so I apologise for giving that impression. One of the reasons I left that forum was because too often I wanted to say things along the lines of 'swallow your own sperm on your high fat diet' but those who know me know that simply isn't me. So I am actually surprised I gave you that impression unless you said something REALLY stupid :lol:

simon m wrote:Hi Martin

What's your thoughts on pre exhaust? :D

hahaha! Hi Simon M, good to see/hear/read you. So weird how so many people are now on the forum. Looks like I got out just in time! Must be REAL bad over there?!? Or did they just Ban anyone who ate less than a 50% fat diet? :twisted:

See Gym-pig, Simon and I had our differences but we're still forum buddies :D
MartinM

Postby Gym-pig on Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:36 pm

In that case welcome Martin

I think somethings need to be said and perhaps that may clear the air

You're still a skinny git though :twisted:
" You've got to stand up for yourself.Sometimes it might backfire ,and you might get hurt ,but it won't hurt as much as letting people constantly taking away your self -worth with their words " Gregg Valentino
Gym-pig
Super Contributor

Postby simon m on Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:56 pm

Perhaps we should let bygones be bygones and all that.

Now you've cum out against high cum diets I have to accept that.

BTW, what's your thoughts on keto diets for sports people. I can't see they can work. Okay, for BB's who are getting into contest shape of to reduce fat fast but outside of that I'm not convinced.
simon m
Ultimate Contributor

Postby xRichx on Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:07 pm

MartinM wrote:Or did they just Ban anyone who ate less than a 50% fat diet? :twisted:

anyone who within the last six months had updated their training journal got banned as it made their mods look even more like bearded garden gnomes...

Welcome over fella! I remember a little about you from those days, but I won't let that get in the way... ;)
1/2 Iron Man training at present...

BSD54 for a better 5% off your first order than the others offer.
xRichx
Popular Member

Postby MartinM on Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:26 pm

haha! I'm loving this forum more by the minute!

xRichx wrote:
MartinM wrote:Or did they just Ban anyone who ate less than a 50% fat diet? :twisted:

anyone who within the last six months had updated their training journal got banned as it made their mods look even more like bearded garden gnomes...

Welcome over fella! I remember a little about you from those days, but I won't let that get in the way... ;)

I don't get the relevance of the training journal jibe but .... 'bearded garden gnomes'...haha!! :lol:

Plus.. wow.. what on earth can I have done that was that bad :roll: I was the nice Mod when I was one. Ask Res!.. and I'm pretty sure I left long before there was a carbohydrate ban on the forum ;)

simon m wrote:Perhaps we should let bygones be bygones and all that.

Now you've cum out against high cum diets I have to accept that.

BTW, what's your thoughts on keto diets for sports people. I can't see how they can work. Okay, for BB's who are getting into contest shape of to reduce fat fast but outside of that I'm not convinced.

this made me laugh!

Re: Keto diets. I don't rate them for sports people OR BBers. Not by that name anyway. Firstly never anything less than 100-150g CHO is good IMO. No need for it at all even in BBers. Sports people DO overconsume CHO on most occasions but I'd never get them on a keto diet. So... looks like we agree :ugeek:
MartinM

Postby Rab on Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:30 pm

Hi Martin. Nice to see yo here.

Rab

(aka Rbcra744)

I got banned from that bause i put up a poll on what delivery would arrive first...one i places in the USA or MP's....plus a lot of other things if i'm honest. :twisted:

PS - you have a lot of very funny Ripped Caveman "edited" pictures to catch up on. Thats what the garden gnome thing is about :lol:
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby xRichx on Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:31 pm

They don't like people who train... Only people who talk about how they don't train anymore and look better than ever.

I think i was only there very shortly whilst you were posting, but you seemed to be a little condescending, but hey, we can all be proved wrong second time around eh!?!

xRichx
Popular Member

Postby MartinM on Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:42 pm

xRichx wrote:They don't like people who train... Only people who talk about how they don't train anymore and look better than ever.

Thats brilliant! I'm so glad you said that, its made my day. That was going on while I was there too, maybe even before you joined... terrible ay!?

xRichx wrote:I think i was only there very shortly whilst you were posting, but you seemed to be a little condescending, but hey, we can all be proved wrong second time around eh!?!

Ah hah.. I can handle condescending ;) it was probably accurate at times... but do you blame me on that forum? haha.

Rab wrote:Hi Martin. Nice to see yo here.

Rab

(aka Rbcra744)

I got banned from that bause i put up a poll on what delivery would arrive first...one i places in the USA or MP's....plus a lot of other things if i'm honest. :twisted:

PS - you have a lot of very funny Ripped Caveman "edited" pictures to catch up on. Thats what the garden gnome thing is about :lol:

Rab! you idiot! I'm actually laughing out loud at that poll. At least you went down in style. :twisted:
MartinM

Postby Karlos on Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:46 pm

Good to see you here MartinM. You were always my favorite MP mod. ;) :D
Use discount code BSD16 for 5% off your first order
Karlos
Ultimate Contributor

Postby xRichx on Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:48 pm

Thing is Rab got banned (again) before being able to post the results, which to my recollection, the US order came first...

And yeah, can see why you would be sometimes, but I came along as a noob at the time, and probably felt some of it coulda been aimed toward myself... Like I said tho, I'm not gonna hold it against you.

xRichx
Popular Member

Postby MartinM on Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:54 pm

Rich,

Thanks, big hug :D

Karlos wrote:Good to see you here MartinM. You were always my favorite MP mod. ;) :D

...right, now I'm proper baffled! what are YOU doing here Karlos? I thought you were die hard MP? :? :mrgreen:

(I'm actually not sure if I should ask, but seeing as I am a newbie to the forum i can get away with touching on touchy subjects :twisted: )

edit: oooo, I've got it... did you start a thread entitled 'Jelly Babies - The new superfood'?
MartinM

Postby Flash Sketcha on Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:57 pm

nice to see you over here bud!
Use discount code BSD25 to recieve 5 percent off your order
Flash Sketcha
Super Contributor

Postby simon m on Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:58 pm

Karlos is the only ghey in our village, well apart from rab, rilla, and KP!
simon m
Ultimate Contributor

Next

Return to Introductions