Greens

Forum to discuss supplements and get general advice.

Re: Greens

Postby Bison on Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:48 pm

I do exactly that and mix the Mega Greens with a pinch of Him Salts with my protein shakes. Also adding Udo's Choice Oils and Glutamine aswell.
___________________________
Sleep like the dead,
Eat like a God,
Train like a demon,
..... and you're all set!
User avatar
Bison
Ultimate Contributor
 
Posts: 2479
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:59 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: Greens

Postby Alex on Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:10 pm

As Bison with adding Greens to shakes.

With regards to MP's product I've no idea on the quality but you get what you pay for, especially with this particular form of product.

I'd give the Dr Young product a try personally despite the extra cost as this is excellent quality.

http://www.energiseforlife.com/item--Dr ... 1.4IB.html

http://www.energiseforlife.com/item--Yo ... SCAPS.html
'Behave like you are the best...and you'll have the best chance of being the best you can be.'

'Be effective: do what works...and keep doing it.'

'Bask in the turbulence of my magnificence.'
User avatar
Alex
Ultimate Contributor
 
Posts: 10604
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:05 am

Re: Greens

Postby Gothic_Muscle on Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:19 pm

Alex wrote:As Bison with adding Greens to shakes.

With regards to MP's product I've no idea on the quality but you get what you pay for, especially with this particular form of product.


Not a fan then ;)

Alex wrote:I'd give the Dr Young product a try personally despite the extra cost as this is excellent quality.

http://www.energiseforlife.com/item--Dr ... 1.4IB.html

http://www.energiseforlife.com/item--Yo ... SCAPS.html


Damn, I forgot to mention this in my previous thread as an all in one alternative to a Megagreens/Superfood combo that I also had my eye on!! So the fruits and phoilage is also an excellent product worth considering? Cheers dude ^_^
User avatar
Gothic_Muscle
Getting keen
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 7:45 pm

Re: Greens

Postby Alex on Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:50 am

Gothic_Muscle wrote:
Alex wrote:As Bison with adding Greens to shakes.

With regards to MP's product I've no idea on the quality but you get what you pay for, especially with this particular form of product.


Not a fan then ;)



For the basics in their range I'm sure they're fine but if a company wants to extend their product range to include food stuffs then they should either act more as a reseller for recognised quality brands or not bother and leave it to the specialist companies. Of course the nature of their business is to self brand everything which is evident with their Coconut Oil product as this is simply re-branded Coconoil (which is a decent brand) so it would be fair to assume that the same for their Superfoods product. If this was a Dr Young product then I'd be making a song and dance about it as this would help it sell but as no reference is made then you question either the quality of the product or the sheer ignorance of the company re-branding it - I have no time for either.
'Behave like you are the best...and you'll have the best chance of being the best you can be.'

'Be effective: do what works...and keep doing it.'

'Bask in the turbulence of my magnificence.'
User avatar
Alex
Ultimate Contributor
 
Posts: 10604
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:05 am

Re: Greens

Postby Flash Sketcha on Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:06 pm

I personally think BSD should start selling Mega greens if a certain forum member is reading this post! It's certain to sell as its becoming a staple for people on here every month, you would always be able to sell it if its sold around 30 quid.
Use discount code BSD25 to recieve 5 percent off your order
User avatar
Flash Sketcha
Super Contributor
 
Posts: 1913
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: Gravyland

Re: Greens

Postby Gothic_Muscle on Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:39 pm

Alex wrote:
Gothic_Muscle wrote:
Alex wrote:As Bison with adding Greens to shakes.

With regards to MP's product I've no idea on the quality but you get what you pay for, especially with this particular form of product.


Not a fan then ;)



For the basics in their range I'm sure they're fine but if a company wants to extend their product range to include food stuffs then they should either act more as a reseller for recognised quality brands or not bother and leave it to the specialist companies. Of course the nature of their business is to self brand everything which is evident with their Coconut Oil product as this is simply re-branded Coconoil (which is a decent brand) so it would be fair to assume that the same for their Superfoods product. If this was a Dr Young product then I'd be making a song and dance about it as this would help it sell but as no reference is made then you question either the quality of the product or the sheer ignorance of the company re-branding it - I have no time for either.


That's a damn good answer, cheers Alex. I'll give the fruits and phoilage a go when my Megagreens runs out.
User avatar
Gothic_Muscle
Getting keen
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 7:45 pm

Re: Greens

Postby cleaver on Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:38 pm

Gothic_Muscle wrote:Also, does anyone have some experience with MP's Superfood XS, I was thinking of using this in addition to Megagreens as a cheap way to boost my fruit intake (although it's only an extract) without the increase in fructose (I'm low/cyclical carb) and a large number of fruits are totally off limits due to my condition?



I tried it as a greens booster. Mixing it with whatever green I was using to boost the nutrient level. Due to the amount of extracts is does not taste very good. The red wine extract overpowers the whole drink. Like drinking a harsh red wine without the alcohol. Not good :o

Will not buy it again and have no intention of trying their $hitty superveg
Rilla wrote:Up the dose.
That's the only way you fucking junkies overcome adversity.

"I think it's all to do with influences from the Bollywood film industry," says Mr Patel.
Use code BSD10 to get 5% off your first order
User avatar
cleaver
Ultimate Contributor
 
Posts: 3478
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:59 pm

Re: Greens

Postby Gothic_Muscle on Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:46 pm

cleaver wrote:
Gothic_Muscle wrote:Also, does anyone have some experience with MP's Superfood XS, I was thinking of using this in addition to Megagreens as a cheap way to boost my fruit intake (although it's only an extract) without the increase in fructose (I'm low/cyclical carb) and a large number of fruits are totally off limits due to my condition?



I tried it as a greens booster. Mixing it with whatever green I was using to boost the nutrient level. Due to the amount of extracts is does not taste very good. The red wine extract overpowers the whole drink. Like drinking a harsh red wine without the alcohol. Not good :o

Will not buy it again and have no intention of trying their $hitty superveg


Agreed, I'm not a huge fan of mp in particular, haven't used them in years since I switched to bsd!!
User avatar
Gothic_Muscle
Getting keen
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 7:45 pm

Previous

Return to Supplements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests

cron