Food Intolerance

Whether you are anti-fat, pro-fat, pro-carb, or simply want to ask a diet based question, here is the place!

Food Intolerance

Postby kp1512 on Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:46 pm

What do people think of food intolerance blood tests?

Anyone had one done?
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Re: Food Intolerance

Postby Alex on Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:27 pm

Better than trial and error I guess although the obvious starting point is to eliminate things like processed, startches and gluten.

Think Scott did something similar with Phil Richards but maybe not into so much detail?
'Behave like you are the best...and you'll have the best chance of being the best you can be.'

'Be effective: do what works...and keep doing it.'

'Bask in the turbulence of my magnificence.'
Alex
Ultimate Contributor

Postby julesm on Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:00 am

are you trying to convince yourself you are kfc intolerant

what happens if you intolerant to your veggie regime?
julesm
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Spit on Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:56 am

I had some done by York Laboratories; pricey, and ultimately confirmed what I already suspected (wheat and dairy are bad news) but worth it at the time as I was pretty crook.

A cheaper yet still effective alternative would be to go and see a kinesiologist, they are remarkably astute at this sort of thing.
Spit
Dedicated Member

Postby kp1512 on Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:50 am

Spit wrote:I had some done by York Laboratories; pricey, and ultimately confirmed what I already suspected (wheat and dairy are bad news) but worth it at the time as I was pretty crook.

A cheaper yet still effective alternative would be to go and see a kinesiologist, they are remarkably astute at this sort of thing.

shut up Jule!

Spit - agree - i found this lot that do it from home. So you just prick yourself with a pin they provide send it back and they give you a reading.

http://www.yorktest.com/en/our-tests/pr ... 4Qodexn_HA

So I assume this is who you meant?
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Spit on Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:04 pm

That's the badger- that 'first step' test looks like a waste of a tenner though, if it comes back negative I'll eat my hat. Just meant to pique your interest for the £245 real deal, which was what I went for, and gives you a breakdown of all sorts of different food. Apparently I should only eat tahini sparingly, shock horror!
Spit
Dedicated Member

Postby kp1512 on Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:32 am

Spit wrote:That's the badger- that 'first step' test looks like a waste of a tenner though, if it comes back negative I'll eat my hat. Just meant to pique your interest for the £245 real deal, which was what I went for, and gives you a breakdown of all sorts of different food. Apparently I should only eat tahini sparingly, shock horror!

so would you say it was worth it?
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Spit on Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:30 pm

In my case probably yes, because I was really quite ill at the time. Also seeing 'exclude gluten and dairy from your diet' in black and white probably give me the kick up the arse I needed to really make the change.

As I say though it is a lot of money, and for £40 a good kinesiologist will likely give you the same info, so that would be my first port of call.
Spit
Dedicated Member

Postby health4ni on Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:01 pm

Alex wrote:Think Scott did something similar with Phil Richards but maybe not into so much detail?
No, not quite the same thing. I had a blood microscopist analysis done. Live Blood and dried blood. Very interesting and very useful imo. You just have to make sure you get someone who is very good at it and can thus interpret what they see accurately.
Cluster Training
http://health4ni.com/ :: BSD Discount Code: BSD6505
health4ni
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Karlos on Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:29 pm

Surely you can get a good idea of what foods don't go down well with you yourself? I mean, there's the main allergy foods, which encompass the majority of food intolerances. If you eat them and get dodgy guts or feel cruddy afterwards, you're likely intolerant. I don't see the need to spend hundreds of quids? Milk gives me the farts and squits so I avoid completely. Cottage cheese bungs my nose up, avoid. Bread is a bit better but can get bloted, so I limit that.
Use discount code BSD16 for 5% off your first order
Karlos
Ultimate Contributor

Postby health4ni on Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:59 pm

tbh if you just eat real foods, you'll massively limit the number of foods that can cause a reaction.
Cluster Training
http://health4ni.com/ :: BSD Discount Code: BSD6505
health4ni
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rab on Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:39 am

Certain seafood in big portions can give me a bit of a dicky belly

Milk i have no issue with in terms of guts but when im in god condition i do notice a diffence if i have milk. slightly puffs me up.

I found the route cause of my excessive snoring too....bloody milk. it leaves be bunged up and with a bitof a runny nose if i have it in cereal/poridge. I use rice mlk now besides for my coffee
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Karlos on Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:54 pm

Rab wrote: it leaves be bunged up and with a bitof a runny nose if i have it in cereal/poridge. I use rice mlk now besides for my coffee

ditto!
Use discount code BSD16 for 5% off your first order
Karlos
Ultimate Contributor

Return to Diet and Nutrition