'ello ladies

New to the board? Throw in your details and stats in here!...Good way to get noticed and let others be aware of you!

'ello ladies

Postby Bison on Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:30 pm

Thought I'd post in here first, it's been a while! :D

Finally been allowed back in the gym after exactly 6 months off, feeling much better now and chomping at the bit to go and wreck myself again lol!

How's everyone??
..... and you're all set!
Bison
Ultimate Contributor

Re: 'ello ladies

Postby GymBunny on Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:56 pm

Going crazy in an airport and reminding myself I MUST be polite unless I want to get carried off and detained for being a cheaky wee sod.

Great to hear you're finally allowed to train again. Has the problem with your tendonitis actually finally REALLY sorted itself out?
Mens sana in corpore sano
Never look back with regrets and think "what if" for that way madness lies. There are those that will envy you and try and undermine you. They are not worth your time.
GymBunny
Ultimate Contributor

Postby kp1512 on Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:59 pm

Good to see you post.
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Bison on Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:07 pm

GymBunny wrote:Going crazy in an airport and reminding myself I MUST be polite unless I want to get carried off and detained for being a cheaky wee sod.

Great to hear you're finally allowed to train again. Has the problem with your tendonitis actually finally REALLY sorted itself out?

LOL :D

Cheers GB, I'm not officailly allowed to train but I was told 2 months and then 6 months.... it's been 6 months and it's killed me!! I've had to totally cut myself off from it all, hence not posting here or other sites.

I is a bit of a pudding haha
Bison
Ultimate Contributor

Postby GymBunny on Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:12 pm

Bison wrote:
GymBunny wrote:Going crazy in an airport and reminding myself I MUST be polite unless I want to get carried off and detained for being a cheaky wee sod.

LOL :D

Cheers GB, I'm not officailly allowed to train but I was told 2 months and then 6 months.... it's been 6 months and it's killed me!! I've had to totally cut myself off from it all, hence not posting here or other sites.

I is a bit of a pudding haha

Well as long as you are a double chocolate pudding with cherries everything is fine....Mmmmmmm pudding

So not officially allowed to train as in no weights what so ever? Or can you at least do things like running/cycling/tearing your hair out?

I sympathise with your frustration. Being injured sucks.
Never look back with regrets and think "what if" for that way madness lies. There are those that will envy you and try and undermine you. They are not worth your time.
GymBunny
Ultimate Contributor

Postby kp1512 on Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:13 pm

what was the actually reason they said you cant train again?
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Postby xRichx on Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:18 pm

welcome back big fella!
1/2 Iron Man training at present...

BSD54 for a better 5% off your first order than the others offer.
xRichx
Popular Member

Postby SCOTT GALTON on Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:23 pm

WELCOME BACK
BSD21 IS THE CODE THAT GIVES YOU MUSCLES AND 5% DISCOUNT

OFFICIAL MEMBER OF THE DWARF EMPIRE
The Dwarf EMPIRE WILL RULE THE WORLD OUR NUMBERS ARE GROWING

http://esnpro.ning.com/
SCOTT GALTON
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Bison on Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:24 pm

GymBunny wrote: Well as long as you are a double chocolate pudding with cherries everything is fine....Mmmmmmm pudding

So not officially allowed to train as in no weights what so ever? Or can you at least do things like running/cycling/tearing your hair out?

I couldn't train with weights at all... gutted. I can run, etc but do I want to be a long distance runner?? naaa :lol:
Bison
Ultimate Contributor

Postby GymBunny on Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:31 pm

Bison wrote:
GymBunny wrote: Well as long as you are a double chocolate pudding with cherries everything is fine....Mmmmmmm pudding

I couldn't train with weights at all... gutted. I can run, etc but do I want to be a long distance runner?? naaa :lol:

Ha! Be warned then...the Rilla is turning into Forest Gump!

Can you cycle or is that too bad for the tendonitis? I'd ask if you can swim but I have mental images of you sinking like a stone! :lol:
GymBunny
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Bison on Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:56 pm

kp1512 wrote:what was the actually reason they said you cant train again?

My hands and forearms are totally shot from tendonitis, I was just in constant pain especially across the back of my hands. Picking up heavy DB's was agony, even using a screwdriver was becoming impossible it was that bad.

There's no real cure apart from bathing them in warm water everynight and resting. No difference after 2 months so had to leave it longer. I can still feel it a bit when using tools like screwdrivers but that's only towards the end of the day.

I've suffered with my tendons all my life, took a break for years but it was my elbows last time...

I think my days of 1 rep max lifts, etc are gone but I can still bodybuild in the 6-15 rep range I reckon 8-)
Bison
Ultimate Contributor

Postby kp1512 on Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:58 pm

i see- so does it come and go? sounds like its stress related - does it act in a build up kind of fashion - so you can train for few months and it returns?

hows job situ all ok now?
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Bison on Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:59 pm

xRichx wrote:welcome back big fella!

Cheers.... are you calling me a fatty? ;) :lol:

Looking lean there mate!
SCOTT GALTON wrote:WELCOME BACK

Cheers dude
Bison
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Pingu on Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:01 pm

I don't know you but welcome back anyway! :D

You have my sympathy with tendonitis. I've never had it as bad as you though and mine was enough of a drain... good luck with it, hope it stays away for you.
Life is too short for boring socks
Pingu
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Bison on Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:02 pm

kp1512 wrote:i see- so does it come and go? sounds like its stress related - does it act in a build up kind of fashion - so you can train for few months and it returns?

hows job situ all ok now?

Not really it gets worse and worse, sometimes I'll just pick something like a bottle of milk up and get an electric shock type pain across my hand and up my arm, made me drop the milk once.

No, lost my job, got a new one and lost that... currently working week to week. Though at least I'm working which is more than can be said for a growing number of poor buggers out there!
Bison
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Bison on Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:04 pm

Pingu wrote:I don't know you but welcome back anyway! :D

You have my sympathy with tendonitis. I've never had it as bad as you though and mine was enough of a drain... good luck with it, hope it stays away for you.

Cheers. Yeah I just seem to suffer from it, training like a demented idiot doesn't help either lol!

Cissus has been a big help but you have to keep taking it and I've found all it does it allows me to keep training and apparently make it worse in the long run.
Bison
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Pingu on Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:08 pm

Bison wrote:Cheers. Yeah I just seem to suffer from it, training like a demented idiot doesn't help either lol!

Umm...yes...that would be how I got it.... :? :lol:

Bison wrote:Cissus has been a big help but you have to keep taking it and I've found all it does it allows me to keep training and apparently make it worse in the long run.

Oh does it?
Life is too short for boring socks
Pingu
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Will on Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:18 pm

I was wondering what had happened to you!

Welcome back mate. :)
Will
Super Contributor

Postby simon m on Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:23 pm

Rilla's special muscle rub with extracts of Rab would help!

Welcome back and best of luck with the tendons.

If you've been reading the site of late you will see that many [people believe that an alkaline diet is the panacea to all the world's ills. Might be worth a look at?
Have YOU kissed your guns today?!
simon m
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Shicky on Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:53 pm

Been too long mate, welcome back. Life just isnt the same without your wine gums, cheeky merlot's and rainbow underwear.

Sounds like a horrible situation to be in, sympathise with you immensely as im not even close to as bad as you yet moan on a daily basis about injury. Hope you can get sorted, maybe at least the roid accusations have stopped since u've had to quit training.
Simon M - For those who don't know, could you give the definition of a blumpy...
Cleaver - the joy of getting a bj whilst taking a dump
Discount code BSD34 for 5% off your first order :)
Shicky
Popular Member

Postby xRichx on Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:01 pm

Bison wrote:
xRichx wrote:welcome back big fella!

Cheers.... are you calling me a fatty? ;) :lol:

Looking lean there mate!

Yes!*

and thanks! getting a little bigger and better and leaning up fairly well I reckon!

* The yes is based purely on this response and nothing else.
" I've just spent the last 6 months eating nothing but chocolate, cookies, cakes, crisps, pizza, kebabs, chips, McDonalds, KFC and all washed down with bottles of vino and coffee.... it's been hard work but I managed it "
1/2 Iron Man training at present...

BSD54 for a better 5% off your first order than the others offer.
xRichx
Popular Member

Postby Resurrected on Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:16 pm

Welcome back me old mucker :D
Thoughts determine what you want... Actions determine what you get!

Why are Chavs like slinkies? They have no real use but it's great to watch one fall down a flight of stairs.
Resurrected
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Alex on Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:31 pm

Welcome back mate.

Training wise look into time under tension which will force you into lower weights and in theory help joints etc.

The Alkaline diet Simon mentioned is worth a look although it's not practical to step completely in unless you want to be a veggie but I've noticed a significant drop in aches and pains in joints since trying it out while retaining meat.
'Behave like you are the best...and you'll have the best chance of being the best you can be.'

'Be effective: do what works...and keep doing it.'

'Bask in the turbulence of my magnificence.'
Alex
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Bison on Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:08 pm

Pingu wrote:
Bison wrote:Cissus has been a big help but you have to keep taking it and I've found all it does it allows me to keep training and apparently make it worse in the long run.

Oh does it?

I'm not making any claims of fact but my experience with it is kind of leading me to think it could be the case. I'm a huge fan of Cissus aswell.
Will wrote:I was wondering what had happened to you!

Welcome back mate. :)

Cheers big Willy :lol:
simon m wrote:Rilla's special muscle rub with extracts of Rab would help!

Welcome back and best of luck with the tendons.

If you've been reading the site of late you will see that many [people believe that an alkaline diet is the panacea to all the world's ills. Might be worth a look at?

Cheers. Yeah the acid/alkaline thing is something I've had my eye on for quite some time and I'd been planning to try out. Haven't been on any BB sites at all, will be good to have a catch up and see what the latest trend is! ;)
Bison
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Bison on Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:11 pm

Resurrected wrote:Welcome back me old mucker :D

Cheers young spunk :D
Alex wrote:Welcome back mate.

Training wise look into time under tension which will force you into lower weights and in theory help joints etc.

The Alkaline diet Simon mentioned is worth a look although it's not practical to step completely in unless you want to be a veggie but I've noticed a significant drop in aches and pains in joints since trying it out while retaining meat.

You've read my mind about the time under tension and that's what I intend to do within a HST routine.

I sort of half follow it but I know what info I have will be flawed. For example I eat loads of raisins as they were apparently one of the most alkaline things you can eat... it's probably been proved otherwise by now though lol :lol:
Bison
Ultimate Contributor

Next

Return to Introductions