cyanidin 3-glucoside aka C3G

Forum to discuss supplements and get general advice.

Postby health4ni on Sun May 15, 2011 2:37 pm

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/indigo3g_repartitions_nutrients_into_muscle_instead_of_fat

Forget the fact it's T-Nation and they are marketing it, the compound does look very interesting. It's under the umbrella of an anthocyanidin. There are a number of them. Another with some good research is cyanidin-3-rutinoside (C3R).

Anyway, T-Nation (or BioTest should I say) believe they have created a bio-available supp of C3G.

Just wondered what Jules, Det & KP thought??
Cluster Training
http://health4ni.com/ :: BSD Discount Code: BSD6505
health4ni
Ultimate Contributor

Re: cyanidin 3-glucoside aka C3G

Postby julesm on Sun May 15, 2011 4:26 pm

not heard of it for its repartitioning effects

unless that is a different compund?- one i am referring to is 3- glupyranoside. (sound too close to both referred to c3g)

what i know- major antioxidant, and has been shown to influence Nf- KB- major inflammatory pathway. i know a few pharma companies with opthalm interests were looking at it from an ocular perspective.
julesm
Ultimate Contributor

Postby kp1512 on Sun May 15, 2011 4:31 pm

so thats why this has been so popular from china!

anthocyanidin. has hit the manufacturing plants a fair bit in china - looks like band wagon jumping - but does it work?
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Postby julesm on Sun May 15, 2011 4:51 pm

i just had a quick scan of that t-nation article

major caveat is:
This is "educated speculation" on our part, but if you're one of the many who can't handle carbs, your carb intolerance might not be a "life sentence." In fact, you could find that after being on C3G for a while (maybe 12 weeks or so), you might not need to continue taking it. In other words, we're thinking that fixing the fat cell really does fix the fat cell, and hopefully you'll eventually be handling carbs like a "normal" person even without taking C3G.
julesm
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Craig on Sun May 15, 2011 6:00 pm

Have any of the biotest supps actually done 1/100th of what they said they would?

They do hype stuff well though, got to give credit where its due, now wheres my biotest myostatin inhibitors gone.........
Craig
Ultimate Contributor

Postby julesm on Sun May 15, 2011 6:28 pm

i to always scoff whenever they bring anything out, as every single article is a ruse for their new supp line

but their md6 and surge were decent products, and their neuro product from eons ago was the shit
julesm
Ultimate Contributor

Postby health4ni on Sun May 15, 2011 7:46 pm

Craig wrote:Have any of the biotest supps actually done 1/100th of what they said they would?

They do hype stuff well though, got to give credit where its due, now wheres my biotest myostatin inhibitors gone.........
We all know there is no magic bullet. But some supps do work well. And Biotest do sell some of those:
Curcumin

Receptormax
Ingredients:
Acetyl-L-carnitine
Cinnamomum burmanni (water extract, standardized for type-A polymers, tetramers, and trimers)
Na (sodium) R-alpha-lipoic acid
Coenzyme Q10
4-hydroxyisoleucine

Rez-V
resveratrol - although prob not 99% trans-res

Rhodiola
Superfood
ZMA
Leucine

And some others.

So, it's not a bad list at all tbh. They certainly do market very well.

julesm wrote:3- glupyranoside
Yeah, think it's the same.

It may be that BioTest/T-Nation people are at the forefront of this compounds use in physical training??

The bio-enhanced side of supps seems to be a big thing for companies now. Makes sense too. Many seem to be going for a emulsified supp. I don't know enough about the research or the science to determine if it stands up, but it sounds as if it would be better.
Cluster Training
health4ni
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Craig on Sun May 15, 2011 8:24 pm

the anaconda stack lmao
mag-10 or whatever it was the transdermal pro hormone
the myostatin inhibitor
the v diet that only works with their protein powder

the only good ones are available from many places, their unique products are turds.

Still guess it means they are due a good one, the t nation stuff is at least interesting but they tend to overcomplicate stuff. Its all like the new idea for building muscle............. ignore all bodybuilding techniques and so on.

They say their supps are not as good as gear then claim better results than you will get off a cycle.
Craig
Ultimate Contributor

Postby health4ni on Sun May 15, 2011 9:56 pm

^^ yup there bespoke products aren't any better than other companies. The stuff you can get elsewhere is good as you say.

The only thing that works for building muscle, gaining strength getting lean etc is HARD WORK. That's it. BUT you can be smarter about it.
Cluster Training
health4ni
Ultimate Contributor

Return to Supplements