Budget 2011

A place to discuss issues which dont fall into other areas and just basic banter and humour!

Budget 2011

Postby kp1512 on Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:57 pm

So, thoughts on the Budget?

I thought it was pretty good and very growth inclined. The CT reduction will be big for attracting the businesses we lost under Labour I would suspect and will hopefully trickle down to assist in absorbing the public sector job cuts.

Petrol - bit of a joke 1pence cut?! but then its pretty much impossible to do anything with fuel as it is key to paying off our debt in terms of the tax it generates

Things I would have hoped for - some help to uni course fees - education should be a right to some degree and I would have expected key disciplines like medicine,dentistry, etc to have been subsidised due to the limited numbers we are churning out.
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Re: Budget 2011

Postby cleaver on Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:03 pm

I agree re: education.

100% funding in areas where we need people and fuck all for people doing fluff degrees.
Rilla wrote:Up the dose.
That's the only way you fucking junkies overcome adversity.

"I think it's all to do with influences from the Bollywood film industry," says Mr Patel.
Use code BSD10 to get 5% off your first order
cleaver
Ultimate Contributor

Postby simon m on Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:10 pm

It's all cock.

Personally I don't care, I'll just get even more of an arse raping. Burn the bankers
Have YOU kissed your guns today?!
simon m
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rab on Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:50 am

the 1p cut is a joke for the average motorist but its a lot for business and haulage companies who are going through thousands of litres

Thing is though its not solving the route of the problem as the cost of fuel went up the other week so thats still to feed through to the pump....prices will have fell a penny today but they are still gonna go up in a week or two again.

I think that the lib dem election proposal of takign the first 10k of earnings out of tax was a good idea. Whats the point in taxing people who are earning bugger all just to give it back in family tax credits etc etc. It would also encourage people into work...maybe less than they would have earned in teh good times but saves all this apparent pish of jobs going to foreigners
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby kp1512 on Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:13 pm

probably agree my take is

lower the higher rate of tax to 30-40 as opposed to 50%
increase the threshold to 10k
stop child benefits after the 2nd child
slash corp tax even more
introduce ISA for children so parents can invest tax free for them
offer tax breaks to companies that bring jobs back onshore
look at legalising cannabis as a tax source thus allowing petrol tax to decrease
be more aggressive in turbine technology
sterlise all people at birth and have a application policy when they turn 21
abolish legal aid for non brits
immediately deport people who have no right here to their country of origin and erect a holding area under British Control
look at introducing a fat tax as the burden of fat people without medical reasons is now taking its toll on society and NHS

thats a start
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Postby ollie on Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:19 pm

kp1512 wrote:probably agree my take is

slash corp tax even more
look at legalising cannabis as a tax source thus allowing petrol tax to decrease
immediately deport people who have no right here to their country of origin and erect a holding area under British Control
look at introducing a fat tax as the burden of fat people without medical reasons is now taking its toll on society and NHS

thats a start

Are you a Mail reader perchance?

I agree with some of that - but the sterelisation idea in particular is a bit 1984...
ollie
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rab on Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:24 pm

Id have said a bit closer to 1944 mate
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby cleaver on Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:29 pm

kp1512 wrote:probably agree my take is

slash corp tax even more

thats a start

you're a right facist bastard ;)
Last edited by cleaver on Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rilla wrote:Up the dose.
That's the only way you fucking junkies overcome adversity.

"I think it's all to do with influences from the Bollywood film industry," says Mr Patel.
Use code BSD10 to get 5% off your first order
cleaver
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Dtlv74 on Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:56 am

This makes me think there's no way kp could be a mail reader -
kp1512 wrote:look at legalising cannabis as a tax source thus allowing petrol tax to decrease

But then this makes me think he is 100% mail -
kp1512 wrote:sterlise all people at birth and have a application policy when they turn 21

Am confused.
Dtlv74
Ultimate Contributor

Postby kp1512 on Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:38 am

and what is wrong with controlling birth rates? It just means that we dont have to pay for them to be brought up when chavs just start breeding.

oh another that I think MUST happen

- if you attend A&E and your injuries are due to alcohol you MUST pay for treatment
- if you miss a GP appointment you have to pay £25 [£10 if its a good enough reason]

I can neg on the sterilisation I guess.

the rest I believe is doable with ease!

Cannabis - just needs to happen. Use it as an all time high and it would be a huge tax income. Either that or Pay As You Drive will be adopted.
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Rab on Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:47 am

cannabis and ecstacy.

The UK ecstacy market right now is fcuked up and the majority of pills - millions of them - are full or other drugs with zero or little MDMA. Congrats to the drug policys on cracking down on a drug that we know to be pretty safe and having it replaced with all sorts of crap and the new breeds of research chemical drugs like methadrone that we know pretty much nothing about
Rab
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Max on Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:48 pm

How about getting out of banking cartell debt for a start..
Pb's: Bench:140*10 - DL 260*2 - Squat to // 232.5*3
Max
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Resurrected on Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:58 pm

Max wrote:How about getting out of banking cartell debt for a start..

That would require a total rethink on how capitalism in its present form functions.
Thoughts determine what you want... Actions determine what you get!

Why are Chavs like slinkies? They have no real use but it's great to watch one fall down a flight of stairs.
Resurrected
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Dtlv74 on Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:01 pm

Resurrected wrote:

That would require a total rethink on how capitalism in its present form functions.

A good thing to do IMO.
Dtlv74
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Resurrected on Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:14 pm

Dtlv74 wrote:
Resurrected wrote:

A good thing to do IMO.

Det,

I agree. The system we have in place now has over the last 3 years been proven to be ineffectual & open to corruption.

Why are Chavs like slinkies? They have no real use but it's great to watch one fall down a flight of stairs.
Resurrected
Ultimate Contributor

Postby simon m on Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:14 pm

Dtlv74 wrote:
Resurrected wrote:

A good thing to do IMO.

Will never happen as Idealist are never in positions of power as they're too fucking lazy to get there!
simon m
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Resurrected on Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:24 pm

simon m wrote:

A good thing to do IMO.[/quote]
Will never happen as Idealist are never in positions of power as they're too fucking lazy to get there![/quote]

You're right that it will not happen but I'm not talking about idealists & some of there weird & wonderful ideas & I'm certainly not talking about communism (a great ideal but never works!).

Robert Preston wrote an interesting article on a similar topic http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters ... alism1.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Resurrected
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Gym-pig on Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:34 pm

kp1512 wrote:and what is wrong with controlling birth rates? It just means that we dont have to pay for them to be brought up when chavs just start breeding.

oh another that I think MUST happen

- if you attend A&E and your injuries are due to alcohol you MUST pay for treatment
- if you miss a GP appointment you have to pay £25 [£10 if its a good enough reason]

I can neg on the sterilisation I guess.

the rest I believe is doable with ease!

Cannabis - just needs to happen. Use it as an all time high and it would be a huge tax income. Either that or Pay As You Drive will be adopted.

I agree with everything you say here KP .
Think this means I have become a twat as well ;)
" You've got to stand up for yourself.Sometimes it might backfire ,and you might get hurt ,but it won't hurt as much as letting people constantly taking away your self -worth with their words " Gregg Valentino
Gym-pig
Super Contributor

Postby kp1512 on Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:15 pm

GP - You see aside from my little eccentric policies which I am happy to adopt via proxy - everything I say makes sense. I just need 4 years in power! Only problem is that Ive got everything against me from the colour of my skin to the KFC I eat!

So i dont think Id do well!

I think id do well in back office and steer the end result though!

And no - you are not a twat yet. That status takes a lot more then just a few agreements here and there with me pal!
kp1512
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Dtlv74 on Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:38 pm

simon m wrote:
Dtlv74 wrote:
Resurrected wrote:That would require a total rethink on how capitalism in its present form functions.

A good thing to do IMO.

Will never happen as Idealist are never in positions of power as they're too fucking lazy to get there!

Also, those who benefit from the system the way it is don't just idly stand by and let others try to change it.

Suggest anything radical in a political situation and you are labelled as a dangerous extremist who is against the free world and who should be marginalised and ignored. The whole system is about maintaining the status quo, with welfare of populations as a whole only a secondary consideration (not saying it isn't one, but I don't see any evidence to suggest it's the main one).

@kp - i agree that population growth needs to be kept in check, but not sterilisation. Am assuming sterilisation was a joke...
Dtlv74
Ultimate Contributor

Postby simon m on Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:10 pm

The other problem is that the only way to chnage the system is to work within, then once you in, you change....

I've seen that happen in business and even I have done things that the younger me, would have never done
simon m
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Alex on Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:32 pm

I pretty much agree with what has been said on a National level.

Regarding the Banks the issue here is really Global and the problem is that whatever we do on a National level we are at the mercy of those influencing the Global Economy and for this to change the Speculators have to be told to stop speculating immorally to make their money off the back of forcing an increase in the cost of a comedity. Speculators are governing and driving the Global Economy so if you can somehow regulate how they can operate then we may have a chance. Otherwise I just see things getting steadily worse.
'Behave like you are the best...and you'll have the best chance of being the best you can be.'

'Be effective: do what works...and keep doing it.'

'Bask in the turbulence of my magnificence.'
Alex
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Resurrected on Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:54 pm

simon m wrote:The other problem is that the only way to chnage the system is to work within, then once you in, you change....

I've seen that happen in business and even I have done things that the younger me, would have never done

It's okay Si, at your age you are now allowed to shag a granny & not feel embarrassed.

Resurrected
Ultimate Contributor

Postby Resurrected on Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:02 pm

Just for Simon.....this is just wrong in so many ways, especiall when it gets to about 2:40.

Resurrected
Ultimate Contributor

Return to Off Topic